New York & Company

New York & Company Employee Reviews

productive and fun, high energy work place, with awesome staff
Also shadowing the assistant mangers (Current Employee), texas city, texasJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the discount
Cons: not enough hours
very fun work place,high energy! typical work day consist of everyone being really friendly to customers, and each other! i love everthing about my management, we laugh, but also know when we hve to become serious!
Work at what your passionate in.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good benefits, productive and fun workplace
Cons: chance for advancement
A typical day at work is fun and productive. Not only is it important to complete all tasks, but it is important to make the best of it all. The hardest part in working in retail is knowing that you are capable of doing more than retail. Enjoying what you do each day matters most. I am ready for another great opportunity within another occupation.
Retail Clothing Store
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYDecember 15, 2014
Greeted and actively assisted customers in a fast paced retail environment while providing outstanding customer service in person and by phone.
No respect for workers
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Fair Oaks, VADecember 14, 2014
Usually, you get your schedule the day before you are supposed to work. It is usually only a 4 hour shift, and they do not give you breaks as they are supposed to BY LAW. They always ask you to stay later but never offer any compensation. They are very picky about letting you take time off. They are always putting pressure on you to get credit cards, but the only thing you get as a reward is not getting yelled at.
Fun productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: pay every week, fun
Cons: overstaffed, schedule
Great place to work at and had good pay for retail. I learned the cashiering system, which is a good system. The management was great at this place and there were always incentives and benefits. I enjoyed putting professional outfits for the customers.
Great place to come with family and friends
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great discounts
Cons: shorts breaks, not enough hours
Directed general restaurant operations, cook, monitoring food quality and staffing requirements to ensure a positive dining experience for every guest.
New York and Company
Sales associate (Former Employee), Springfield, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: first employee discount was 40%
Cons: communication between manager vs. employees and hiring manager needs work
A typical day at New York and Company is usually coming into a busy environment. Here I was trained on register work, maturing my people skills, some janitorial work, and worked in stock as well. Management was some of the worse, not very professional. My co-workers were fine, professional, helping, understanding. the hardest part of the job was attempting to sell a credit card for the company because most customers already owned one. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be working with the customers I loved feeling needed and knowing I could assist them.
Very good Company to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: very good health benefits
Make very customer that walk into the building walk out happy with a smile.

How to be a people person and good management

The hardest part of my job is finding the right people to join my team

Is to make every everyone happy, find what they looking for and leave the my building with a happy face.
And to see my co-workers happy and love the place where they work
Typical Lexington Avenue Fashion Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: dress code
Cons: short breaks
Hours was not set but the management team was down to earth. It was also fun wearing the clothes and looking nice everyday.
Easy, relatable and gratifying
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), gonzales, laNovember 27, 2014
Pros: easy to learn all roles
Cons: somedays its so slow and boring.
A typical day at work is FOLDING PANTS! Those tables are always a mess!

Theres not a lot to do most times just processing whatever shipment we get in.
Eh
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 23, 2014
High end fashion is not for me since the clothes are oh so hideous but watching people buy them is funny to watch them walk off with couch left overs. Something satisfying about high end fashion and the bad cost for bad fashion
Poor Management
Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNNovember 19, 2014
Working retail at a clothing store in general while you're in school can be difficult, at least, it was for me. I couldn't request Sundays for church off because it was inventory day. When I worked there, the manager really pushed us to sell credit (NY&C store cards), if we didn't meet the amount of cards per shift it was a shame walk. Last I heard about the store was everybody I had worked with left for different jobs and the company actually sent in a new manager.
productie work enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
New York and Company is a fast pace environment where workers are constantly busy helping customers or on the floor putting clothes back.
productive and a fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 12, 2014
a great place to work with great training and management. You always stayed busy with clients or merchandising new products.
Company does not foster a culture of helping management flourish
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
Poor training for new management. Very discouraging for managers coming in from other retailers.
Fun and wonderful job experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: a great discount, on top od that they also give the assosiates a lot as well, was fun selling something everyone loves
Cons: definately how things ended, it is a store that has high shrink due to thieves
I loved working at Bath and Body Works. The company in the beginning really took care of the employees and really worked hard to make the temp Christmas hire taking trash out feel as important as the store manager. They really ran with the saying "Your only as your weakest link"
A typical day would be out on the salesfloor really taking my time and building sales as well that customer relationship as well as their loyalty.
Everyone that worked their loved it so we had a good team. The company was all about educating us on new products and really made us all feel valued.
I worked my way up from a seasonal hire. So they like building and coaching to get everyone ready to move up if they can.
What I didn't like was towards the end of my time their I was very much pregnant and in my last few months. I was having complications was still trying to push on through it, but I would be scheduled by myself for hours at a time so there was no bathroom breaks. And if I tried to call out for having complications I was basically told I would lose my position, and I wanted to be able to come back after my leave of absence so I put up with it. plus we had no DM or RM at the time so I didn't really have anyone to help.
NY & CO
Assistant Merchant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
Difficult work life balance. Company under-staffs and over pays.
productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good discounts, good healthcare packages
Cons: short breaks
Everyone in this store is nice.
They all work as a group .
Management treats everyone with respect
Every single employee respects other people's opinion
They take positive criticism
New York & Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 28, 2014
New York & Company is a woman clothing store. I enjoy working here and also assist customer with putting a outfit together. I was getting about 20 hours a week at the job which was not suitable for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers.
fun clean working enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE-CASHIER (Part-Time) (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
everyday was a learning experience. there was always new marketing new clothes accessories to display and sell. management for the most part was very enjoyable and made work fun.the hardest part of this job was rememberingthe constant changes of the store.

New York & Company Salaries