New York Blood Center Employee Reviews

Dra
DONOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Theres nothing like working towards saving lives and thats what i get to do at the New York blood center. The company cares about its employees and its a an overall positive environment.
Nice job, long Hours, good pay
Logistics Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 23, 2017
if you don't mind working for 16 hours this is a great career, you could settle down with this job, hardest part is getting up at 3 am or maybe 3 pm whatever they day wants or work i should say. i enjoy getting to visit a lot of places but not to far from home.
Pros
pay, benefits, union, vacation and sick days.
Cons
long hours, needed whenever.
it's great working with this company
Cord Blood Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
it's an awesome experience working with this company. I feel self worth knowing that every time I go to work its a possibility that someone life might be changed. A life could be saved.
Pros
more vacation
Cons
more durable equipment
Completely unprofessional and harassing experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Had a completely terrible experience. My boss harassed me constantly. After alerting HR, I was subsequently told my position was eliminated.

The culture there is not good and many workers seem unhappy with the company. Many people are very unprofessional.

The directors of this organization are not helpful and do not support their employees.

The work itself is interesting but the environment and the people you work with make it difficult to enjoy what you are doing.
workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
it was a good and quiet place. i had a lot of quiet time to enjoy. i had the enjoyment of keeping the donors calm and as well as satisfied with snacks and conversation.
productive and great experience
Cord Blood Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 23, 2017
great workplace culture , very enjoyable and great experience.
management and ad everyone is so nice. They give the greatest welcome, and all are very accessible to answer any questions.
Positive place to work
Full-Time 40+ (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
You will meet a lot of different people. There is pleasure in knowing that you are helping to save lives. You will travel to many different locations. Throughout the five boroughs
Great mission
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 29, 2016
This is a wonderful organization with the ultimate mission of helping provide hospitals with the blood products doctors need to help their patients from trauma, surgeries, patients with various sicknesses that require blood transfusions, and cancer patients. As a donor myself, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Flex hours, Union Benefits
Overall Good Company to Work for with Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
Large organization with multiple departments, so company "feel" can vary depending on where you work. Overall, solid organization that most people work at for many years. Depending on your job, particularly in upper management there is not a lot of room for growth or advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work Environment
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Limited room for advancement
Amazing coworkers and work atmosphere
Donor Specialist Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 9, 2016
Working with the blood center has been one of the best work experiences I have had. I enjoy working with all of my coworkers and everyone works together to achieve a common goal. The management is better than most. The management trys to accommodate all employee suggestions and requests to the best of their ability.
Super micro managed company
driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 5, 2016
You are micro managed from the moment you walk through the door until you leave at the end of the day. They have no consideration and frankly don't care if you have a family. Your first priority to them is the company and nothing else. Your baby daughter could be in the emergency room and as long as you haven,t finished your task you must remain until finished or face being fired. They have all types of management and even a manager who only does absenteeism and lateness as his function. You are timed and questioned if take an extra 5 mins. And the best yet you will have staggered starts as long as you work there. never set times.
Pros
outdoors to breathe
Cons
management is scared of bigger management so your life becomes stressful
Everyday is a pleasant day to work
NURSE PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Management has no support to its staff though everyday is a pleasant day to work with co-workers and blood donors. Did not experience any red tapes.
fun place
room for growth
flexible hours
free coffee
great management
love to come to work on a daily basis
Dedication to supplying a good quality product
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
New York Blood Center provides a great service to the communities they serve, with intense dedication to providing a good quality product.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Helping the community
APHERESIS DONOR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
Working with volunteer donors is a very rewarding thing. People give freely of themselves for only a small snack. Some of the best people to work with.
Great Place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Westbury,NYJuly 30, 2015
Working for New York Blood Center , is a lot of benefits and they treat you with respect. The job starts you will not that much hours but will change the longer you stay
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks
productive and fun place to work in!
BLOOD DONOR SPECIALIST (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working in a place were I get to meet people and at the same time to something great for the community. The New York Blood Center's goal is to provide quality service in blood banking and provided break through research. I was glad and proud to be a part of that endeavor.
Pros
Working in well known companies and meeting its employees
Cons
traveling to different locations via the MTA subway system
PAT Specialist
PAT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Center EastJuly 15, 2015
The Job itself was great, but the Management was awful in the almost Ten years that I was there, it had three different Managers. The turn over with Techs was horribly. Techs don't stay long. They Hire Coordinators with no experience!!! So very unorganized...
I'm Glad I left!!!
Fast pace environment
Staffing Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 7, 2015
Typical day at work: liaison between nursing staff and HR.
I learned how to communicate and work with different ethnic groups.
Management was pleasant to work for.
Co-workers were excellent team players.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring that bloodmobiles were sufficiently staffed and ready to go out to collect blood.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the success of each blood mobile with meeting collection goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Scholarship Blood Drive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 15, 2015
I didn't get to meet management, or experience much with the NYBC because I just hosted a Blood Drive with them once for about 5 hours. But in those 5 hours that I spent with them I can say that they enjoy each others company and their job. What I did in the time I volunteer with them was that I directed donors to a screening area and then medical examination area to determine if they were eligible to donate blood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Blood Center. Our community is ready to answer.