New York Cares Employee Review

View all New York Cares reviews

An Amazing Organization
Team Leader and Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2013
New York Cares gave me the opportunity to dive into many different worlds to find my niche. I feel social service, locally or globally, is a valuable component in creating personal and societal cohesiveness.

When I was green to the organization, the chain of command allowed me to reach out to someone else if I could not get in contact with my primary manager. The responses were always positive.

Their website was always user friendly, but they have recently updated it to give the volunteers more validation. Everyone needs a little validation.
Pros
Validation. Organization. Management. Proactive
Cons
Some volunteers still afraid to Team Lead. A creative solution needed

Other New York Cares Employee Reviews

high school volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2017
I did this in high school . I would go with my class to go to different areas to help out people in need. It would mostly be homeless people or kids It was a really good cause .
They do great things for NY
Leadership & Volunteer Activities (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
Great organization with a great purpose. Definitely feels like you're contributing to the greater good since it does not come with a paycheck. Everyone should at least check this place out.