New York Cares Employee Reviews

Great organization of service to NYC
Intern and Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  65 Broadway, NYCJune 7, 2017
Great organization of service to NYC; smart and caring staff; overall a unique place to serve volunteers; excellent intern opportunity and a friendly site.
Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 31, 2017
New York Cares offers a great opportunity for me to help improve my community. Volunteering is very flexible and can be picked up whenever. People can work in groups or individually to help others.
Amazing opportunity to volunteer and help the city
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Very flexible and fun atmosphere. Place to express yourself and help in anyway you can. Satisfactory duties. Possibilities are limitless. The most fun part of it is to make friends and create a better NYC.
Pros
Wide range of resources
Cons
No pay for volunteers
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
A great experience working with children!
This program allows students to learn and improve their math skills in a very active way through sports and hands on activities.
it really helps volunteers with creativity skills!
the students are energetic and competitive!
Great volunteer program
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
Did New York Cares as part of my community service requirement hours but it was very nice getting to volunteer at soup kitchens, coat drives, park clean ups, hospitals, schools, and everything else we were able to do. Highly recommend this program!
Volunteer!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, QueensMarch 10, 2017
Volunteering with and without my two sons were great.

Knowledge and Experience are what it's all about!
Meeting new people = different perspectives = eyes openers
Organised. Pleasure to offer my time
Team Leader and volunteer (Current Employee) –  ManhattanFebruary 28, 2017
NYC is a non/profit organisation.
Its objective is to improve and educate.
I have volunteered for NYC for two years now and I have enjoyed every moment of time spent assisting them.
I volunteer my time by teaching English, helping with CV's and teaching older students computing. I also manage volunteers by organising them a well as students for ESOL English classes.
NYC Achieves significant results and a special place to work.
Pros
Staff assistance and organisation
Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Basic Computer Trainer/Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  New York City,February 18, 2017
New York Cares is a great agency to volunteer in numerous areas.The staff is very professional and skillful.They train you if needed and you always feel comfortable in performing your tasks. I loved working working during the tax season. Once you pass the IRS test, you are assigned to a location where you assist the community residents in preparing their taxes. It is such a rewarding feeling when you can prepare their taxes and see their faces when they are told they will be getting a refund from the government. The greatest part of the tax preparation is that you always have your work reviewed before it is submitted for processing. This process avoids incorrect tax preparation which is a good feeling at the end of the day.
Pros
Many different areas to volunteer
Cons
No monetary benefits.
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Volunteered many times with school program that allowed us to engage and interact with people of all ages in a helpful manner
Review
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Maintained professional relationship with NY cares. Typical day consisted of meeting with clients to assess and determine what were their needs in regards for their tax needs.
Great Place to Volunteer
Volunteer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
Great place to volunteer and acquire experience in many areas of human services. The organization is supportive, and flexible in accomodating your needs, especially when Team Leading
good outreach for anyone to impact on others
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
New york cares created a good medium for people to volunteer with ease and help those in need of help. they have different varieties of activities for volunteers to engage in. also at different times and locations nearest to you.
Pros
mutliple service options and different locations.
Amazing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
Fantastic place to work. Provides many opportunities for meeting other people who love to give back to the community. Additionally, there is something for everyone- anyone can find an area to volunteer in with New York Cares.
Awesome people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2016
I loved working at Masbia through NYCares, they were very helpful and considerate. A typical day was very busy and upbeat with a lot of interaction. I would work with them again for sure.
Great organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
I volunteer with the company sporadically but every time I do it is always a great experience. The people are incredibly friendly and always prepared for the event at hand and the flexible schedule makes it incredibly easy to be able to give back with a demanding work schedule.
Volunteer
Community Engagement Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
fun and easy to volunteer with, great to meet people and give back to your community. I encourage everyone from all socio-economic background to give back to their community. Not just white people.
Fun workplace
Community Engagement Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
I love volunteering. Volunteering provides with a good feeling and centers my sense of purpose. I recommend volunteering to anyone
Building back our community
Volunteer for Hurricane Sandy (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2016
This was a job that helped me give back to my community after Hurricane Sandy. A lot of homes were destroyed and i helped by cleaning them out. Co Workers were very kind and helpful when it came to using tools Ive never used. This was definitely a learning experience and gave me the knowledge on how to rebuild back homes due to natural disasters.
Pros
snacks and water were provided
Cons
hot summer, dusty, dirty environment
Productive and funloving
Student Education Program (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 29, 2016
It was good experience to work with New York cares where we work as team and help each other to clean parks and gardens in New York City.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Food served was not for vegan
A great organization helping the city's resident
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
New York Cares is a great volunteer organization seeking to improve the lives of New Yorkers in different institutions across the city.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Cares. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6