New York Cares

New York Cares Employer Reviews

From a Volunteer's perspective
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2013
NY Care's lives up to their name! This organization has made it possible for me to volunteer while still working by choosing my level of commitment, days of work, and interests. I have worked primarily on mucking out projects for victims of Hurricane Sandy. NY Cares has been in the Rockaways everyday since Sandy. To ensure they have enough workers, – more... they provide bus service to their base! I have met great friends through NY Cares and have been on several other projects where I was able to meet people from other organizations and contribute to there. I'm sure I will be volunteering through NY Cares for years to come. – less
Rewarding experience
volunteer (Current Employee), New York, New YorjJanuary 20, 2013
I’ve volunteered through New York Cares for over 5 years at the same after-school sites, reading with but mostly doing arts and crafts projects with elementary school-aged children; not only do I help children with these activities, I try to instill respect and open-mindedness for others around them, steer them away from negative and inappropriate behaviors, – more... and encourage creativity and independent thinking. I always return to the same projects because I want to create a sense of stability for the children and show them people care about them. It is a misconception that children are unaware of their surroundings, but they are fully aware. I know my efforts make a difference when a child’s face lights up upon seeing me, or when I am greeted with a hug after an absence. It has been a very rewarding experience and I hope to continue to make a difference. – less
The best way to volunteer in New York City
Projects Team Learder (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2013
New York Cares has a flexible program schedule to accommodate any who wants to give out their time in the cause of helping those that need help. For almost two years now I have enjoyed every project I participated or team lead. An experience that will be life long lasting.
Productive and hands-on
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: helping people
A typical day at work is eventful and never dull. I help people who are less fortunate or down on their luck. I interact with children and adults and help put smiles on their faces.
Productive work envirnoment that will help me learn and grow
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2012
Pros: flexible time schedule i was able to work around my time.
Cons: i had to travel far and carfare was not provivded.
I worked as a volunteer the work was rewarding because I felt like I was making a difference in people' life, by spending a few hours a week helping them in some way. Whether it be reading, to children or working at a food pantry giving out food to the homeless. I truly enjoyed the work and thought it was very rewarding.
Productive and energetic work place.
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2012
New York Cares offers a variety of volunteer projects throughout New York City. There is something for everybody out there.
vital experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2012
there are so many project related IT development.
that experiences was very impressed on me.
New York Cares
Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 7, 2012
Team Leader- Mad Scientist at PS 64
Lead volunteers in an after school program performing hands-on science activities with 2nd and 3rd graders.
Collaborating with volunteers in the after school program science program.
Created the hands on science activities for the 2nd and 3rd graders
Active interaction with the 2nd and 3rd graders.
Gained ability – more... to lead youth and volunteers through implementing leadership techniques .

Team Leader- Mock Interviews with CAMBA
Lead a team of volunteers in empowering adults to succeed in a job interview through mock interviews.
Assisted in work readiness program enabling unemployed New Yorkers with the skills and tools to find, keep and advance in positions.

Team Leader- Citizens through English at CUNY Citizenship Now!
Lead a team of volunteers in contributing to society by empowering New York City’s immigrant communities by helping them prepare for U.S.Citizenship Exam.
Learning extensively about the immigrant communities lives and engaged in the exchange of stories and experiences. – less
it was a great experience volunteering with this company, planting trees.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 18, 2011
Because i am a US citizen who likes to give out to the community, i found this opportunity beneficial when it came to experience and working with different people as a team.

About New York Cares

New York Cares is committed to preserving the privacy of its volunteers and visitors to this website. The registration form requires – Read more