New York Cares Employee Reviews in United States

lovely volunteer organization
Volunteer /Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
they are the best. The flexibility alone is great.They truly appreciate their volunteers. God bless them with many more years.
flexible/fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
I love that I am able to make my own schedule. Meet cool people and still make a difference at the end of the day. Joining New York Cares has helped me to enhance my skills and further appreciate the importance of my community.
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer Mentor Career Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Flexible schedule, and web front end back it easy to schedule appointments.

Vast variety of volunteering gigs available.
Highly Recommended
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Though this is a volunteer opportunity, money will not amount to the experience for those who have free time and want to give back
Great place to volunteer with kids
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 4, 2014
This is a great place to volunteer if your schedule is all over the place (like many New Yorkers.) There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for whatever you might be looking for and the project leaders are great in getting to know the other volunteers.
Awesome place to work and doing amazing things for organizations and people in New York City
Foundations Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
New York Cares is an amazing organization, great place to work with an awesome management team,
Valuable experience
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Spent spare time to help low income people file their tax returns
Great company
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
This is a great company. It helps so many people in New York City. I am a volunteer here and love being involved with such an amazing charity.
Excellent Company
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2014
Volunteering and offering my services to people in need brings me so much joy. Based on my schedule, I can go online and sign up for any event or activity and lend a helping hand to people in need. From tutoring children, to helping adults formulate their resumes, volunteering allows you to take a break from your personal life and tend to those who may be in need of assistance. Overall, it is amazing!
Pros
meet new people every time you sign up for an activity.
Cons
no cons!!
enjoyable
Youth Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
IT was very enjoyable helping others. As well the co workers were cool.
an volunteer organization offering various kinds of volunteer events
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2014
We can find happiness through helping others and make friends with kind people.
Making a difference in the community while having a good time.
Disaster Relief Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2014
In this caring employee-centered environment, I developed my community relations skill while working with local homeowners and non-profits.
A feel good moment everytime I volunteered.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
New York Cares one of the premier volunteer group in New York City encompasses what volunteering should be. Easy to tackle assigned projects with knowledgeable and well prepared team leaders. Signing up for a project is a breeze, intuitively designed by management for ease of scheduling and use. Having instant gratification is not easy but as soon as you understand each groups predicament and why you volunteered every second is feel good moment.
Pros
sharing with people on what you have and know is fulfilling.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
New York Cares puts you in a position to help people from all walks of life in many different ways. You meet many kind people who all share the same goal of helping others and making the world a better place. With New York Cares, you have many options to choose from. You can help fix parks, clean streets, or teach children different subjects such as Math or English. This is a great way to not only help others but to learn about yourself. I have learned that I want people to be successful. Not everyone is born into a nice home or a nice neighborhood but with hard work, anything is possible and life can improve for you.
Plenty of volunteer opportunities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2014
From feeding the homeless to playing with children in the park...something from everyone.
Any volunteer project one is involved in always has individuals ready to make a difference in his or her community.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2014
As soon as I arrive to the location of project, the team leader is already there and instructing everyone on what the project entails and how to execute it. Each person is willing to learn and ready to make a difference. The hardest part of the job is when the shift is over and everyone says their farewells. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and working with them while doing the project.
new york cares soup kitchen
Part time volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2013
i would talk to the patients in the nursing home and i would work at a soup kitchen feeding the homeless
Pros
fulfillment
Cons
to short hours
An Amazing Organization
Team Leader and Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2013
New York Cares gave me the opportunity to dive into many different worlds to find my niche. I feel social service, locally or globally, is a valuable component in creating personal and societal cohesiveness.

When I was green to the organization, the chain of command allowed me to reach out to someone else if I could not get in contact with my primary manager. The responses were always positive.

Their website was always user friendly, but they have recently updated it to give the volunteers more validation. Everyone needs a little validation.
Pros
validation. organization. management. proactive
Cons
some volunteers still afraid to team lead. a creative solution needed
Great, organized events. Amazing opportunity to give back to your community through this comany.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2013
I volunteered at various events throughout the city, from tutoring to coaching and helping with recreational events. The company and its employees are very warm, loving, caring and organized. Getting to some of the locations was difficult at first but you get used to it. All in all I had a great experience and would recommend this company to anyone.
Efficient Non-for-profit Organization
VITA Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2013
• Certified at the basic level by the IRS to prepare taxes for low to moderate income New Yorkers.
• Provided superlative customer service and one-on-one financial counseling while preparing returns with 100% accuracy.
• Specialized in maximizing allowable tax credits, including Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit.
• Prepared tax returns utilizing TaxWise software and submitted returns bot electronically and via mail.

4.6