New York City Mission Society Employee Reviews in United States

IT was fun.
Work Site Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
I had alot of fun working and getting to know the youth from the community. Being apart of their lives for such a time really made an impact i can be proud of.
Non Traditonal yet pro active and grassroots work environment
Program Manager for Restorative Justice Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
A typical day work follows a traditional mode of to do list items. Following up with phone calls. Reaching out to potential inquiries for program enrollment. I learned to be consistent with my routine on daily basis by returning phone calls as soon as possible and follow through on request from staff no later than one week. Co-workers that are in my particular field are housed at other sites. The hardest part of the job is not being to reach a young person who is not ready to change. The most enjoyable part of my job is retrieving information from staff on successful out comes and breakthroughs with their participants,
Pros
non micromanagment atmosphere
Cons
communication does not flow downward
Rewarding ,fun, loving environment.
Assistant Program Manager/I.P.S (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of , academic counseling , social and/or emotional counseling. Professional development Seminar's for all interns to include topics such as : Managing your Budget ; Work Etiquette and Time Management to name a few .
The hardest part of the job is letting go , a lot of times because the work environment consist of many social/emotional learners , there must be a line drawn.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the smiles on our students faces when ; they are selected to go on an all expense paid incentive trip , getting college acceptance letters , passing all their classes , and exceling in ways they never thought possible .
Pros
paid over night trips, students exceling in post secondary plan
Cons
some late hours and weekends are required at times
Busy
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Always busy and never a dull moment and that helped the day go by fast
Great Job
Case Aide/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2014
Im in school and I could no longer work Full time I'm looking for a Part time job. The work and co workers are great I have no problems with them.
Pros
free summer trips
Cons
no raises
Oldest human services organization in NYC
Temporary Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2013
Currently temping at NYC Mission Society while someone is on maternity leave.

I enjoy working in development and assisting with event planning, database entry and gift processing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York City Mission Society. Our community is ready to answer.