New York Community Bank

New York Community Bank Employer Reviews

A stressful place to work and employees have low morale
Branch Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: steady schedule, job security
Cons: compensation is low, no added bonuses, upper management is horrible, no room for growth, work/life balance is not to high, and the list goes on.
Upper management gives an excessive amount of work to branch personnel for no added incentive or compensation. You can have a steady schedule working for GSCB, a division of NYCB, but they constantly move individuals around from location to location because of "business needs." The morale of the employees are extremely low, upper management make you – more... feel like your working an assembly line when you come to work. There is no leeway to be honest and tell them what's working or not. You have to lie to them because they will pounce on you if you say anything negative. Your position will not necessarily be your position once you have the job. A Branch Manger will sometimes be open on the teller window. Just like the BM must also do outbound HR recruiting which is HR job. The Assistant in other words is the BM and runs the branch. The BOC who in a sense is a head teller, is more like an Assistant Manager because of the work load that is placed on them. This is not an ideal place to work. Last, there is no advancement here, the highest you will make it is to Branch Manager and that's it. All off upper management are content in their positions and the back office jobs are primarily located in New York. – less
mangers sucked
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), long island NYSeptember 12, 2014
most mangers sucked, had good coworkers. but everyone hated work, everyone dreaded coming into work everyday. the work culture sucked.
Exciting work atmosphere
Branch Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: new challenges to meet daily
Supervised colleagues in day to day operations. Challenged with customer requests and fulfilling there needs. Followed Bank operations on a daily basis
The job from Heck!
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 22, 2014
Cons: above
I was constantly disciplined for not smiling enough. I would greet the customer with a smile but apparently that wasn't enough, I needed to smile CONSTANTLY throughout my interaction with the customer. We would get mystery shopped all the time and we would always have to have a meeting afterwards if we did score 100% on each shop. I scored a 93% was – more... threatened to lose my job. But that wasn't enough, managers stand behind employees with score cards and actually grade us on our interactions with customers.
Had I known this was job was going to be so sales intensive, I would have forgone the job offer. I could never meet the sales requirement even though I worked at the least busy branch and I was newest person at the branch, my other co-workers had been there 12, 8, 7, and 3 years. Nobody met the sales requirement on a monthly basis but apparently I did the worst.

My manager was a real hard butt and stickler but other than that she was ok. My assistant manager on the hand was disrespectful, rude, and racist. She would scream at employees including my self in front of customers, talk to us like we were in kindergarten, and make racist comments about customers right after they walked out the door, and she would talk about inappropriate things at work. She even brought a pregnancy test in one day!
I tried to obtain a position at a different branch but my manager lied and told me it had been filled, I had to go over her head to corporate to get the interview. I did not get that position because of nepotism when a manager hired her family member from outside the company.
During a quarterly evaluation she was chewing me out and I just told them it was my 2 week notice because I couldn't take working there anymore. Worst experience of my working life. – less
Need more work life balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jericho, NYJuly 21, 2014
Need more work life balance. Need to concentrate more on customer service over sales.
Great place to work, friendly, fair, acknowledge potiential
IT Application Support /Exception Processor/CSR (Former Employee), Westbury new YorkJuly 8, 2014
Pros: on call pay, invested, great people
Cons: better benefits
In the financial world everyday was a busy and productive day. Being with the company for 15 years and 3 different departments, I've learned all aspects of banking. From customer service over the phone, helping customer with their account questions, processing personal loans. In Exception Processing, I worked with different applications to code and – more... maintain customer's accounts. And in It Application Support, troubleshooting over 200 applications, assisting bank employees with PC questions. My co-worker became family.
The hardest part of the job is having to leave due to my family relocating.
I enjoyed the people and the potential to advance. – less
Good work environment
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, New YorkJune 18, 2014
Good for people out of college or in college looking to get their foot in the door in banking or any other financial field.
Everything Started for me here
Default Management Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2014
My first professional job was with this bank. I started at the age of 16 as an intern and moved my way up within the company. I built a lot of friendships at the job. I will say this is one of the best places to work.Nothing but positivity when you walk through the doors.
Not what I was expecting
Branch Manager (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJApril 9, 2014
Branch manager position was more of a glorified head teller position.
nice company
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), new yorkApril 1, 2014
Pros: earn a lot of time off
nice company people were very nice flexible schedule etc. the work was easy.
Productive and learn lot of new things everyday
Financial service associate (Former Employee), flushing new yorkMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, amazing team, everyday learning
Cons: not so satisfied with the pay
Loved working with the bank, learned so many new things everyday, and the best coworkers and management.
ok
Loan Administrator (Current Employee), Jericho, NYMarch 22, 2014
Good learning experience but low salary. Nice people and relatively relaxed company culture.
It was a really great company to work for with flexability.
Remote Sr. Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2014
The company was great! After completing your 90 days you start working remotely from home. The management was excellent, very approachable and helpful. The culture was very diverse and my co-workers were fun to work with.
Great Bank HQ
Intern (Former Employee), Westbury, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere. Great staff, and overall great experience. I was respected as an intern and compensated very well.
Great workplace with a great staff
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Learned a lot the time I was there! I learned great customer service skills and helping the public with all banking transactions. Being a head teller, I also learned leadership skills. My co-workers were friendly, and made great relationships that still continue outside of the bank. Selling banking products was sometimes a hard task seeing the same – more... people come in and out, but with hard work, you get the job done. Overall, great experience! – less
Productive and great learning place
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), Syosset, NYJanuary 22, 2014
I was hired as a teller but two years later became head teller.
I learned about money and banking services, helped customers save their money and made sure they were happy.
Quick to hire not enough hours.
Finical service associate (Former Employee), Corona heightsJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: quick to hire
Cons: no healthcare for employees who work 38 hours or less and they try not to give the hours.
This job doesn't give you great training for there VERY out dated software. No job security long hours and the company doesn't really know there employees the just want you to smile and agree with there backwards rules.
Good Working Environment
IRA Processor (Current Employee), Westbury, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great boss, flexible hours
Cons: not much room for growth
I have worked for this company for 9 years and it has been a great experience. However, the job is no longer challenging and there really is not much room for growth or promotion. It is a office job with light clerical work. I maintain IRA accounts to make sure that we are abiding with the IRS ruling. A typical day at work is contacting the local branches – more... to fix errors and to assist with the IRA questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be a great assistant to my co-workers and to make sure our customers are satisfied. – less
Excellent Work Environment
Mortgage Client Support Consultant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2013
Mortgage Client Support Consultant-
Excellent training.
Welcoming staff.
Team orientated company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2013
The staff at NYCB work very strongly as a team as well as a family.

1 2 3