New York Community Bank Employee Reviews

horrible company to work for
HOME RETENTION COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
No room for advancement, cut throat, depessing environment. No training for new gires, no clear understanding of job expectations, requirements canged consistently and everyone was not treated equally.
Good Company, No Movement
FVP, Residential Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2017
I have enjoyed working at this company and have a good relationship with my boss and coworkers. However, the bank has been stuck in neutral for a few years and isn't showing that this will change in the near future. Days have become repetitive and no longer fulfill my employment needs.
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
Little room for advancement
good place to work
teller- senior financial service representative (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 20, 2017
the people their care about you and they love to see you seek new opportunities of advancement . they offer incentives and they give you lots of training and you learn a lot.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
low turnover
Horrible company to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 18, 2017
This bank was better off before nycb...The goldberg family that owned it before should have done what they could to have kept it...Nycb is a horrible company to work for...They are rude and expect way too much from everyone...The only people who benefit are the top dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Productive workplace, Balanced work life, but no added perks or celebrations.
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 10, 2017
As stated in the tagline...

Great flexible schedule
Work life balance
Decent benefits
Good team

However,

Limited opportunity for advancement
Short lunch break of 30 mins
Pretty reserved work environment
Pros
Flexible scheule, Work-life balance
Cons
Short lunch breaks, No Fun activities
Educational
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I learned many skills working at Roslyn savings. I learn good communicating skills, organization, working in fast paced environment and multitasking.
A learning experience
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with their day to day banking and transactions; working on projects designated by management to help the branch overall improve their productivity and sales goals.
I've learned to navigate helping customers to ensure their needs are met and properly matched to products best suited for them. Additionally, I've been fortunate to be given adequate training to ensure the best outcome with my customers on platform with dealing with IRAs, CDs, Trusts, etc.; as well as ensuring all transactions are done efficiently and accurately.
Management was well run and very helpful with both customers and staff alike.
I enjoy my coworkers, helping each other when we have a question or concern about a customer.
The hardest part of the job is caring too much, as cliche as it might sound, because there's always something more that can be done to ensure the customers are happy even when every step is executed correctly. However, this is also what I enjoy about the job, is caring too much about the customer because when they recognize the job being done, they're appreciative and return.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Wage
Very productive
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2017
Good place to work for. Must be patient when it comes to getting logins. Other than that, cannot say anything negative about it.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
kinks are still being worked out within various departments.
Best place to work.
Front End Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Loved the professional atmosphere, supportive staff, good training, co-workers are very helpful, positive ambience
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Short breaks
Better Off Working at a Retail Brokerage Company
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2016
Horrible company to work for. There is a constant revolving door in the branches that you cover. Customers are never surprised to see a new Financial Consultant. Folders of customers are constantly lost and you as a FC spend hours trying to find the customers folder. The payout is horrible. LPL has paperwork requirement for each account that is the size of a daily newspaper. They will fine you without be able to dispute it. They take the fine from your paycheck. If offered a job here, think about the fact that you will not get any support from your manager or upper management. They will give you lip service but will not stick up for you.
Good Company
Financial Services Associate/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 15, 2016
This is a good company to get your feet wet in the banking industry. limited room to move up in the company, but a great place to gain experience and learn.
Good Company some cons however
Assistant Branch Manager (Float) (Current Employee) –  Multiple Locations, NJNovember 13, 2016
I love working for the company. The goals are not impossible to reach which is great! The only problem is there is no room for growth. The highest you can go is as Branch Manager however if you lived in the NY area there is possibility for Corporate positions. Also, they like to overwork their employees especially if Salary without even thanking them for the hard work. They don't allow overtime & if they do they sometimes make an issue about it.
Pros
Benefits, Goals are not impossible to reach
Cons
No room for growth
it a very strict bank to work for not engaing for workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2016
, no perks for employees in ohio Management style is more of a dictatorship and what we say goes . Not open to suggestions from employees. no company parties, picnics bonus etc
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor managment, depressing work environment, no incentives or perks
Nice place to work.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYOctober 27, 2016
The best and most enjoyable part about working at this company was the customers. I was there for 12 years and practically knew everyone by name. I had a good rapport with my co workers. I learned a lot about cross selling and sales. I also learned about opening the different types of accounts, such as IRA's, CD's and business accounts.
Not Terrible but there is more out there
Assistant Branch Manager (Float) (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 20, 2016
i have been at the company for almost 9 years. when i started it was a great place to work for. now the micromanagement is getting to be too much. co workers for the most part are great but management expect blood from a stone sometimes.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
branch coverage, pay
Nice company to work
Branch Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Excellent company if you work in NY. New Jersey is not that great to work.

The management is very nice and people very friendly too. Good company to work.
Pros
Management and employees
Cons
Sales very demanding and hard
Within the 15 years I been there is was a job that cared about with co-workers and customers.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 8, 2016
I learned at New York Community Bank customer service relations. I also learn to be a team player by management giving different tasks in other depts. Co-workers are help and caring. They was will give you helping hand when you have a dead line to met.
Pros
Good co-workers support
Cons
Sometimes you only have 1 week to help the customer get there information.
New opportunities are available if you want to learn and grow in the business
Junior QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 5, 2016
great company to work with. very generous bonus scheme. Would recommend it for a new career. Great bonus and packages. Solid company. Great programs and training. I learned everything at this job
Avoid this place like the plague
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Jersey/ New YorkAugust 19, 2016
This company is one of the worst bank experiences in my life. On the first day of my training several people quit, there got up In the middle of the class and left all because of the trainer. The trainer doesn't know how to teach or communicate efficiently .I worked in several banks before and they told me you didn't pass the training you are terminated even I had more knowledge about bank products then the instructor. The only reason that there don't pass people even if their have a lot of knowledge, is because of the trainers and HR even when I wanted to stay behind and ask questions, there didn't let me and always promptly dismissed me. There have a very blasé attitude, and are unwilling to help there trainees. I have worked at other banks and this bank is the WORST BANK I have ever stepped in or have gotten to know. Avoid working at this bank at all costs.
Cons
Company looks good but unless you start working with the company you wont see what i am trying to say
FSA (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 4, 2016
Very bad they are racist the management promotes and retain their own kind I got laid off with out any closing package this place sucks very harassing after 2 yrs I was not given ESOP now they took it away I heard ,so this company is very critical the management believes in constructive criticism. Very bad experience.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No incentives for sales like other banks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Community Bank Reviews by Location