New York Community Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Great opportunities for advancement. competitive salary and wonderful benefits and bonuses. Taught me a lot about corporate America.
Pros
Benefits packages
Cons
Run don't walk away from this job offer !!
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This is one of the most antiquated company in retail banking today. There products are dinosaurs compared to the rest of the competitive landscape. Its so hard to sell them when their are so many other banks that have state of the art products. The management seems to be on this high horse where they care more about their job titles than motivating the staff toward the goal objectives, their only out for themselves and no one else. Their play favorites by promoting their "pets" which I am sure is bordering on being illegal according to EEOC standards. HR is a joke in this place, unless you're willing to waste the next 8 years of your life stay far away from this place! You have been warned!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
I didn't leave as soon as I should have
Busy, Must work hard for sales
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  BrooklynJuly 27, 2015
Small bank, must work hard for progress and keep positive attitude, good for starting banking career. benefits for part time college students such as vacation time for school work. Very traditional and not so up to date as most banks. Very customer service oriented and also community oriented. There are sales incentives for small campaigns ad award ceremonies for top performers.
Pros
good for entry level banking career especially for college students
Cons
not up to date, few employee benefits
Slow pace but great job.
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Patchogue New YorkOctober 24, 2015
daily face to face interactions wit public, daily cash handling & clerical work. great co workers, most enjoyable part of the job was the positive work environment.
Pros
great employees
Cons
average benefits
unorganized place to work
Single Point of Contact (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2016
Although the pay is good, the lack of work life balance and disorganization is not worth it...

A typical day consisted of a lot of work with no real direction and no understanding or clarification of the expectation from management. The hardest part about working there is not one person in management is ever on the same page with regard to the way a process should be done when it is not written in the policy. The overall work environment in relation to co -workers is pretty good, everyone seems to develop genuine friendships.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being help to help the borrowers
Decent pay but way behind the times
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
NYCB was a decent place to work but there products are out of date. I have been in the banking industry for 10+ years the fact that they do not do loans and rely on there Cd's and mortgages to keep the bank afloat makes this a very boring place to work. My manager decided she wanted me out because she wanted to bring in one of her friends without having any open positions decided to make my life miserable till I quit. Overall ok place to work if u get the right management.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Managment and upper Managment
not an outstanding place and was very corporate
Corp Real Estate Services-Assistant Contract Admin (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 12, 2016
the hierarchy level was very much overstated.
reviewing contracts, reading work by word assuring spelling and grammar where good. any errors to equipment, services, and legal aspects had to be corrected as well.
One contract required 10 signatures before processing so patience was a virtue. Handled over 50 contracts which serviced over 240 branches between NY and NJ.
Must be very detail oriented and work under pressure. day was spend mostly sitting since a contract required lots of reviewing.
Pros
very team oriented
Cons
no coffee!!
Big fish little pond
Lead Engineer / Architect (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 2, 2015
Working here had it's ups and downs. there were times when it was fast paced and exciting and other times when it seemed the company was stagnant. The management uses micro managing style throughout, senior management is a good ole boys club.

Benefits and stock options in the beginning were great, I hear this is no longer offered.
Pros
Good salary for a Long Island company
Cons
Micro Management, heavy office politics
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Corona, NYJuly 15, 2016
I did Bank Teller at New York Community Bank. I interacted with a lot of customers. I helped opening accounts of any age type. I used to count the vault cash. Co workers were very nice. At the time I was a student, so I was a Part Time. They had a lot of benefits for Students, which I enjoyed such as if you passed your classes you would get a check from them. The hardest part of my job was working on the weekends, my schedule was Fri-Sun.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Break
Professional, community-driven and friendly atmosphere financial institution
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJAugust 18, 2015
On a typical day of work we interact with a variety of customers, each with their own set of needs for which we refer banking solutions to match. Through this job I have learned all about federal banking regulations, balancing work and school through NYCB's beneficial College Applicant Program and helping the community in which we serve. The job gives college student, of which I was when I applied, ample time off to study and works diligently to ensure academic and professional success is being met. On the con side, upper management micromanages a bit much. On the whole, a fine company to work for that room for advancement.

Want to know more about New York Community Bank?

Ask a question
provided lunch on fridays by management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2016
This company was excellent and a fun atmposhere the dtaff and management team were friendly and supportive and there were many things to learn.
Pros
friday lunches, convient location
Cons
not enough opporrtunity to grow
great place to start a career
Financial Service Associate (FSA) (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 13, 2015
Working at NYCB has been a great experience so far, the people that make part of the workforce are very helpful and are always looking out for one another. There is a lot to be learned and the best part about it is that there is room for advancement. The management is also one of the strong parts about this institution. Managers are understanding and willing to take the time to teach you things that will help you further yourself as an employee. Overall the company is a great place to work for.
Required to do the work of multiple employees
Bank Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2016
can't talk a bathroom break w/o having to explain why you're not working. management doesn't adequately train, therefor other reps have to cover for the not so great deadweights
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
understaffed, micromanaged, clueless management
operating in 5 states
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING MANAGER/VP (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJMay 9, 2016
Long hours but rewarding, NY, NJ, AZ, FL, OH. Merges frequently. ED&T is an awarding winning training department with Training Top 125 Award and ATD BEST Award as well as Stevie Award.
Nothing good to offer their employees
BOC (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 19, 2016
This company work you like a dog,and with a mistake,no warning the terminated you.I advise no one should work for this company.
Run for your life.
Pros
Nothing to offer
Cons
Bad management
No work life blance, excessive hours 60+ per week expected.
Foreclosure Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2016
Great Co-workers. excessive hours 60+ per week expected, no work life balance, micro-management at the executive level.
Making sure every runs smoothly thoughout the day
Financial Service Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bellerose, NYMarch 25, 2016
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized and detail-directed problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff and customers
Sell, sell, sell or you'll go bye bye.
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 18, 2012
Any bank tried to sell products, but when you're under scrutiny for how you smile to reading off a script to people who just want day-to-day banking, it gets tough and quite scary. After massive layoffs, policies changed, almost to scare people into doing their jobs without saying a word. Hours were lengthened, pay raises were cut and morale dropped like a rock off a cliff. If you're a people person, this isn't such a bad job, but you must have a lot of patience. I just wish the overhead corporate weight was lighter, allowing better front line morale.
Pros
decent amount of flexible time off
Cons
sales oriented, overbearing corporate management
excellent work place
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, NYJanuary 17, 2016
always a pleasure to work in NYCB. you always have room to grow. management will always work with you and the hours are flexible
A good place to learn and grow
Community Organizer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2014
I was a community organizer with New York Community For Change for a little over a year. It was a fast paced environment that allowed me to reach out and help workers in need. I conducted wage and hour violations,organized meeting to find solutions to problems and helped get fast food workers compensation where it was needed. I truly loved working at this company.It was just as challenging as it was for-filling.
Pros
good pay and benifit
Cons
sloppy management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Community Bank Reviews by Location