New York Institute of Technology

New York Institute of Technology Employer Reviews

Excellent place to grew up your career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 14, 2014
Excellent place with a very friendly environment ,almost all the faculty in this school are very experienced and are available all the time for the students in all the aspects.
Great place to LEARN!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Its a great opportunity to learn!
I'm involved with a research study about the climate change and "hot cities" and It's a great chance and experience for me to participate in lectures and presentation for the research.
Fun and productive work environment
Program Director for Marketing and Communications (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
A fun and creative job that lets me work close with students and faculty to get what I need to make the best content for the school.
Great place to work!
Lecturer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: non paid time off during semesters
Great place to work, administration is very helpful and friendly.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Old Westbury, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: loved our clients
Cons: no breaks for me, or lunch
A busy day from beginning to end. Learned how to muli task more. Manage up to 30 people and still hold my own.
Great University with a diverse culture
Assistant to the Dean of Student Life (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
**Communication: Interacted with and established positive relationships with administration as well as peer students on campus
**Leadership: Responsible for creating and implementing a marketing and advertising strategy in order to increase revenue for a department
**Organization: Created and maintained a sustainable social networking account for the – more... department to increase awareness and sales – less
Good experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2014
As a graduate assistant I scheduled the proctoring between tutors and the students. Used microsoft excel to create and maintain the schedule. I learned a lot about working in an office environment, using spreadsheet, sending email remainders about the tutoring sessions and changes if any.It was a very friendly environment to work with.
Productive environment
Student Recruiter/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), New York, New YorkApril 11, 2014
New York feel, great environment
steady productive company
A productive and fun place to work.
Work Study Student (Current Employee), Old Westbury, NYApril 10, 2014
A typical day on the job would be overseeing either the gym, weight room or recreational room and doing homework. I learned to be more assertive when I talk. The management and the co-workers are awesome. They are an amazing group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is when students don't follow the rules, and they don't listen to you. – more... Which then I would get my employer. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my employers and co-workers, and getting to know them. – less
fun place to work
summer internship (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2014
• Responsible for setting up computer for new staff, helping out with
• Provide networking/desktop support and perform mainframe and account maintenance tasks. Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and work excellence in providing IT support to students and faculty. Resolved desktop, laptops, hardware and phone issues
• Responsible for printer – more... maintenance, troubleshooting Panasonic fax machines.
Replacing toner cartridges, removed paper jams, replaced fusers, and paper trays
Repaired Cerner and Zebra bar-code printer.
• Installed, configured, and maintained the functionality of company desktop systems, together with the peripheral appendages and software.
• Kept in constant contact with vendors, to resolve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Provided computer system support for both staff and customers.
Ran regular checks, tests, and tracking procedures to prevent or identify problems – less
Productive Work Place
Graduate Student (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: friday bagels
Cons: limited growth
very good startup at college and getting familiar with the work place.
Totally political
Adjunct instructor, former full-time employee (Current Employee), Westbury and ManhattanFebruary 13, 2014
Some great people work here but management is totally unpredictable, governed by shifting politics.
challenging
Operation Manager -Camps Manager (Former Employee), BahrainFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break
Long working hours exceeded some times 13 working hours a day
lack of management leaded to unneeded situation and failure
there was a gap between the head office and the staff who is on real ground with real understanding,simply academic cant role and manage business
Great benefits/poor compensation, advancement
Counselor (Current Employee), Old WestburyFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: generally nice people, great benefits.
Cons: compensation/advancement
Working in this university offers great benefits. Unfortunately the compensation, review and advancement policies are severely lacking.
productive fun place to work.
Personal Assistant/Housing Office (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
A typical day for me at work would be ,anwsering phone calls,writing emails and perpareing tours.Iv learned how to multitask and get task done faster.
Productive,
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Mahatten New yorkJune 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch and travelling
Cons: short break and working all days a week
Made me My excel skill Powerful, Help to gain knowledge, how to interact with people and many things
Amazing experience.
Supplemental Instructor leader (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Authorities are really comforting.
I am a student and working under financial Aid dept and teach calculus as a Supplemental Instructor leader.
Productive and fun work
Graduate Coordinator of Wellness Services (Current Employee), Old Westbury, NYMarch 25, 2013
Work at NYIT is fun. Some days would be doing some filing work and others days would be proctoring disabled students during exam.

My co-workers are cool and easy.
Productive and fun work

AT Dri Mark, I did help in redesigning new plant using Auto CAD.
Productive & fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Central Islip, NYFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: working with everyone
Cons: nothing negative really.
A typical day at work would consist of,working withteachers, and all school faculty. Doing a lot of data entry, talking with people, helping out all the staff with clerical tasks.Very nice co-workers, had nice luncheons with each other. Nothing was too hard or difficult. Was a very fun, productive workplace.