New York Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

exceptional learning experience and a great working environment
Graduate Assistant, Advising and Enrichment Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Working at New York Institute of Technology was the most endearing experience. The Department of Advising and Enrichment Center provided me with an amazing work environment and helped me gain an exceptional learning experience.
Pros
Seminars
No room for growth
Dining Services Attendant/Utility, Campus Dining (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJune 8, 2017
Decent health benefits...but poor organizational skills. Often having to work long hours with little or no help, very little support from higher ups, and a culture that fosters low morale. Very high turnover rates, often scheduling people to work in difficult circumstances with a mandatory, "Take it or leave it" approach. For example, having to prepare certain meals despite being severely allergic to specific ingredients. Even after several reminders to this fact. Having to fight for the opportunity to attend the funeral of a longtime friend, simply because sufficient advance notice was not given. Seriously? For a funeral?
Pros
Decent benefits package, close proximity to home.
Cons
Low wages, poor organization and communication.
Good experience
Professional Enrichment (PE) Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
I was an undergraduate who works on campus for school of management. My boss is very nice to me. she gave me a clear direction and explaination to finish tasks. people are super friendly, and always willing to help.
Productive and fun working
AWS DevOps Engineer - Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
It's nice to work with my professor and my fellow students. As part of the work we tried to develop some scripts to identify the security groups list in our Amazon Web Services and notify about those security groups to the concerned person or persons using CloudWatch alarms.
NYIT is a great place to evolve as a student and has great on-campus opportunities for grad students.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Greate place to advance yourself with different types of programming technologies.
Decent Medical Benefits, Employees get tuition remission, decent looking campus, not far from where i live, some decent professors
Productive and potential for growth.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYMay 27, 2017
Productive and potential for growth. Opportunity to work in multiple different domains. The management is very supportive and takes care of the employees.
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
I was still a student so it was fun for me. Depending on you who are working under if you'll enjoy it or not. I was blessed to work with one of the best professors.
Productive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYMay 15, 2017
People work hard for the school and try to do their best with the resources and guidance that they are given. The best part of working there are the benefits.
Team player, learn , management eager to push into your purpose
Admissions Operations & Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 26, 2017
Working at NYIT for the past ten years as been a great experience. I have had the privilege of working with both advisors and directors, both parties have empowered and equip me with information that will aid in my professional growth. One of my greatest accomplishment is acquiring my bachelors and masters degree while working here at NYIT; this one opportunity that school offers its employee.
Lead Consultant
Lead Consultant at Community Coordination Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Met new people.
Improved communication skill esp. accent.
Also learnt time management, team management.
I got to learn team mangement, team leadership,improved communication skill, learnt bit social media marketing too,learnt to manage schedule management
Straightforward Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Depending on the students' needs you might have to create lessons and help them work through every problem step by step which should be expected of a tutor
Terrible Management, Horrible Pay, No Reason to Stay
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I thought working for a higher education institution would be a great learning experience with room to grow and a legitimate place to work for. Unfortunately I was COMPLETELY wrong! Currently looking for a better job

-Management is very inexperienced
-No room to advance and climb up the "ladder of success"
-Keep you inside of a box and there is no room for improvement or growth
-Forward thinking is frowned upon
-Was told when I was trying to work on contingency plans that "we'll just deal with it when a problem comes" instead of trying to avoid any problems in the first place
-Management afraid to try new things
-Management constantly asks for new ideas/concepts and nothing changes
-Learned very quickly that there was no point in speaking up, anyone who speaks their mind gets shut down quickly and basically has an X on their back
-Fellow employees were written up for crazy things that made no sense and would never be on a "write up" anywhere else
-Employees have left for less money just to get away from this place
Pros
Mediocre health benefits for full-time staff, most weekends off
Cons
Terrible management, no room for advancement/raises, fake sense of being a "team, managers are passive aggressive and bipolar, "rules" depend on how management feels in that moment at that time
Globesville

Start live show.

End live show.

Run through review.

Work on feedback.

Develop ideas for next week's show.

Go home.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Time Management
Great place to get an education.
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Teachers are very involved and give a ton of their own prior work experiences as real life examples. Their work is also not overwhelming util finals when you realize there's so much more you wish you had done on your own.
Terrible place to work
Library Associate, Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYDecember 13, 2016
Management does not care about employees, There is very little room to advance. Salaries are very low. Human Resources does not protect employees. The University really does not care about the students.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Lack of Professionalism
Res Life for Life
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2016
As a Resident Assistant, I got all of the support I needed from the housing department. They were always easily reachable and constantly provided me with assistance whether it was for my job, my classes, or personal reasons.
Very productive work place with great co-workers
Student Aid (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 8, 2016
I've learned how to balance work, school, and baseball better, and also how to use excel in a more proficient way. The most enjoyable part is coming to work everyday surrounded by positive co-workers!
Dedication and Sacrifice does not pay off.
Staff (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 12, 2016
Dedication and Sacrifice does not pay off.
If you dont wear a suit and are not a man then you will not be recognized. ....................................
Excellent Institute
Television Production Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2016
Excellent educational institute and has excellent professors. Professors has real world knowledge and experience along with connections.
It honed my skill to organized student event
Graduate Assistant, School of Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
In the daily work, I take responsibility for coordinated the time table for NYIT administrators and faculty members. I learned how to coordinate different people's time table and also learned how to negotiate with different department.

What's more, I take responsibility for collect student's assignment for professors. Through this task, I learned time management and learned manage the information through excel.
Pros
Have more chance to communicate with professors
Cons
Too busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval