New York Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place with experienced workers
Academic Computing Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2016
This was a work study position. The majority of the job included checking computer and printing equipment, setting up smart classrooms with one touch interface technologies and answering phone calls
Great.
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
A great school and amazing opportunities for student with versatile work-study jobs. Great campus as well located in the center of NYC.
Interest place to work in. Great atmosphere
Circulation Desk/Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
A fast pace environment. wide variety of responsibilities and duties at the work place. Responsible for administrative items such as linking books and other items to the collection, maintain and updating the reserve collection and reserve list. In addition to these duties, assisted in the supervision of the student workers, in efforts to maintain and keep order to the collection.

I enjoyed working at this firm, interacting with people is my specialty. I learned different things about the job and it manage to enhance my ability to excel.
Pros
Yes, free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Its a great atmosphere to work in.
Assistant Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
I had a lot of fun being in this type of environment. I wasn't use to it but, with having so many different people helping and talking with people in the work area.
Great view from the office
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Not much help from management. Research topics are very great. If you are good at security then NYIT is place to work on. Research work is always trial and error. Good ex-poser in the security field.
Great school to study MA in Advertising
Senior student in the MA Communication Arts (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I highly recommend NYIT Communication Arts in Advertising and Public Relations major. It also the best in production major.
Excellent Student Position, Challenging Engineering Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The responsibilities executed in this position were all in support of an optics and fluid mechanics experiment. The overall goal of the project was to take holographic images of the mid-air collision of two ink droplets after being fired from two inkjet print heads.

It is an ongoing project, the nature of which posed many interesting and challenging engineering problems during the period in which I was involved. Due to the limited availability of information regarding the behavior of the ink droplets while taking trajectories they were not intended to take, great difficulties were encountered when attempting to determine their exact position at any given instant in time. However, knowledge of their exact position as a function of time was critical in timing the optical apparatus used to take the holographic images.

This problem of figuring out how to pinpoint the ink droplets, and time the laser and shutter accordingly, led to the design of various optical positioners which could be fine tuned/adjusted. This was the part of the job which I enjoyed the most, as it required much problem-solving through assembly design, machining and 3-D printing.

The "dimension-sensitive" nature of the project also provided valuable insight into how a mechanical system (particularly one involving optics) can react drastically to the most minute dimensional changes.
Pros
I made enough money to pay my bills over the summer, and learned a lot.
Cons
I made just enough money to pay my bills over the summer.
Fun workplace; Learned a lot
ACL Student Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
Was part of the work-study program there. Cool management and a fun place to work. I learned a lot about DL (Distance Learning) systems while working there.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
No complaints
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2015
Good Place to work and Good,helpful faculty and staff
Only the Management is issue. There is lack of communication or understanding between departments
Pros
Good Salary and Flexible work hours
Cons
bad Management
College Work Study Program and Resident Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYNovember 13, 2015
NYIT is a great school. I was able to work on campus and not have my job interfere with my school work. Everyone was very accommodating and understood when I had to put my school work first.
Productive and Educational
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Old WestburySeptember 21, 2015
Working here as a student leader was by far one of the best experiences I've had with the great leadership of previous mentors.
management
Student Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
while I enjoyed working with the students a great deal, I found the upper management at NYIT to be sorely lacking in leadership
A great place to work!
Associate Director, International Admissions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
They offer a Great work/life balance
Exciting working with international students and learning about their various cultures.
Fun Productive place
Office of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJune 11, 2015
I worked here while i was going to school so it was only part time. Nice and friendly staff. I took in the mail and sorted it all out.
Excellent school for continuing education
Student (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJune 3, 2015
This school offers a high quality of learning in a variety of fields giving their graduates confidence of gaining employment within the first 6 months at 90%.
Pros
Excellent education at an accredited institution built on illustrious grounds.
Cons
N/A
moderate to poor
Adjunct Professor of Organic Chemistry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
They do not allow you to do research, they give student stressful time for lectures almost three hours with little break. They do not listen to students or to Professors. They have the chance to do better but they lack confidence in themselves and in others.
Pros
nice location in the city, multicultural student body.
Cons
administration not flexible nor open for advancement.
creating a experience through the art of video
Work Study (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
typical day is helping students with their rentals making sure they get the right equipment to create their projects. i learned a lot about what goes on in a production set and the types of equipment that people in video production need to work. work environment was a great place and the management was a great team to work with. the most enjoyable part of my job would be being able to learn about video production and also getting to use the equipment to experience for myself it works.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers
Flexible work schedule, lovely staff and management
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 17, 2015
The hours are not consistent but the work is interesting. I get trained for every job I take. 2 hours of paid training for every 10-30 hour case. I've learned how to evaluate doctors and how to be more observant of peoples body language.

The management and staff are sympathetic and fun and are very considerate of one another.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours to make ends meet. The most enjoyable part is the feeling that I am helping make better doctors. The staff and employees genuinely care about helping the medical students improve and fine tune their skills.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not enough hours
Love working in NYIT OW campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Integrated Medical System Lab is a very good place for students who are interested in Embedded System and wireless body area network development, you can also find many good programmers and designers in other departments. Now I am working on my thesis about wearable system for Parkinson patient, after that I may create my own application on Android for future use.
private Institution
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
deal with students and faculty. co-workers are nice. can be demanding

New York Institute of Technology Reviews by Location