New York Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

creating a experience through the art of video
Work Study (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
typical day is helping students with their rentals making sure they get the right equipment to create their projects. i learned a lot about what goes on in a production set and the types of equipment that people in video production need to work. work environment was a great place and the management was a great team to work with. the most enjoyable part of my job would be being able to learn about video production and also getting to use the equipment to experience for myself it works.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers
Flexible work schedule, lovely staff and management
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 17, 2015
The hours are not consistent but the work is interesting. I get trained for every job I take. 2 hours of paid training for every 10-30 hour case. I've learned how to evaluate doctors and how to be more observant of peoples body language.

The management and staff are sympathetic and fun and are very considerate of one another.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours to make ends meet. The most enjoyable part is the feeling that I am helping make better doctors. The staff and employees genuinely care about helping the medical students improve and fine tune their skills.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Love working in NYIT OW campus
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Integrated Medical System Lab is a very good place for students who are interested in Embedded System and wireless body area network development, you can also find many good programmers and designers in other departments. Now I am working on my thesis about wearable system for Parkinson patient, after that I may create my own application on Android for future use.
private Institution
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
deal with students and faculty. co-workers are nice. can be demanding
Excellent place to grew up your career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 14, 2014
Excellent place with a very friendly environment ,almost all the faculty in this school are very experienced and are available all the time for the students in all the aspects.
Great place to LEARN!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Its a great opportunity to learn!
I'm involved with a research study about the climate change and "hot cities" and It's a great chance and experience for me to participate in lectures and presentation for the research.
Fun and productive work environment
Program Director for Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
A fun and creative job that lets me work close with students and faculty to get what I need to make the best content for the school.
Great place to work!
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Great place to work, administration is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
non paid time off during semesters
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYAugust 19, 2014
A busy day from beginning to end. Learned how to muli task more. Manage up to 30 people and still hold my own.
Pros
Loved our clients
Cons
No breaks for me, or lunch
Great University with a diverse culture
Assistant to the Dean of Student Life (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2014
**Communication: Interacted with and established positive relationships with administration as well as peer students on campus
**Leadership: Responsible for creating and implementing a marketing and advertising strategy in order to increase revenue for a department
**Organization: Created and maintained a sustainable social networking account for the department to increase awareness and sales
Good experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2014
As a graduate assistant I scheduled the proctoring between tutors and the students. Used microsoft excel to create and maintain the schedule. I learned a lot about working in an office environment, using spreadsheet, sending email remainders about the tutoring sessions and changes if any.It was a very friendly environment to work with.
Productive environment
Student Recruiter/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkApril 11, 2014
New York feel, great environment
steady productive company
A productive and fun place to work.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 10, 2014
A typical day on the job would be overseeing either the gym, weight room or recreational room and doing homework. I learned to be more assertive when I talk. The management and the co-workers are awesome. They are an amazing group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is when students don't follow the rules, and they don't listen to you. Which then I would get my employer. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my employers and co-workers, and getting to know them.
Productive Work Place
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
very good startup at college and getting familiar with the work place.
Pros
Friday Bagels
Cons
Limited growth
Totally political
Adjunct instructor, former full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Westbury and ManhattanFebruary 13, 2014
Some great people work here but management is totally unpredictable, governed by shifting politics.
challenging
Operation Manager -Camps Manager (Former Employee) –  BahrainFebruary 11, 2014
Long working hours exceeded some times 13 working hours a day
lack of management leaded to unneeded situation and failure
there was a gap between the head office and the staff who is on real ground with real understanding,simply academic cant role and manage business
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Great benefits/poor compensation, advancement
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Old WestburyFebruary 3, 2014
Working in this university offers great benefits. Unfortunately the compensation, review and advancement policies are severely lacking.
Pros
Generally nice people, great benefits.
Cons
compensation/advancement
productive fun place to work.
Personal Assistant/Housing Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2013
A typical day for me at work would be ,anwsering phone calls,writing emails and perpareing tours.Iv learned how to multitask and get task done faster.
Productive,
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mahatten New yorkJune 10, 2013
Made me My excel skill Powerful, Help to gain knowledge, how to interact with people and many things
Pros
Free Lunch and Travelling
Cons
Short Break and working all days a week
Amazing experience.
Supplemental Instructor leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Authorities are really comforting.
I am a student and working under financial Aid dept and teach calculus as a Supplemental Instructor leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Institute of Technology Reviews by Location