New York Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Team player, learn , management eager to push into your purpose
Admissions Operations & Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 26, 2017
Working at NYIT for the past ten years as been a great experience. I have had the privilege of working with both advisors and directors, both parties have empowered and equip me with information that will aid in my professional growth. One of my greatest accomplishment is acquiring my bachelors and masters degree while working here at NYIT; this one opportunity that school offers its employee.
Lead Consultant
Lead Consultant at Community Coordination Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Met new people.
Improved communication skill esp. accent.
Also learnt time management, team management.
I got to learn team mangement, team leadership,improved communication skill, learnt bit social media marketing too,learnt to manage schedule management
Straightforward Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Depending on the students' needs you might have to create lessons and help them work through every problem step by step which should be expected of a tutor
Terrible Management, Horrible Pay, No Reason to Stay
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I thought working for a higher education institution would be a great learning experience with room to grow and a legitimate place to work for. Unfortunately I was COMPLETELY wrong! Currently looking for a better job

-Management is very inexperienced
-No room to advance and climb up the "ladder of success"
-Keep you inside of a box and there is no room for improvement or growth
-Forward thinking is frowned upon
-Was told when I was trying to work on contingency plans that "we'll just deal with it when a problem comes" instead of trying to avoid any problems in the first place
-Management afraid to try new things
-Management constantly asks for new ideas/concepts and nothing changes
-Learned very quickly that there was no point in speaking up, anyone who speaks their mind gets shut down quickly and basically has an X on their back
-Fellow employees were written up for crazy things that made no sense and would never be on a "write up" anywhere else
-Employees have left for less money just to get away from this place
Pros
Mediocre health benefits for full-time staff, most weekends off
Cons
Terrible management, no room for advancement/raises, fake sense of being a "team, managers are passive aggressive and bipolar, "rules" depend on how management feels in that moment at that time
Globesville

Start live show.

End live show.

Run through review.

Work on feedback.

Develop ideas for next week's show.

Go home.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Time Management
Great place to get an education.
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Teachers are very involved and give a ton of their own prior work experiences as real life examples. Their work is also not overwhelming util finals when you realize there's so much more you wish you had done on your own.
Terrible place to work
Library Associate, Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYDecember 13, 2016
Management does not care about employees, There is very little room to advance. Salaries are very low. Human Resources does not protect employees. The University really does not care about the students.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Lack of Professionalism
Res Life for Life
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2016
As a Resident Assistant, I got all of the support I needed from the housing department. They were always easily reachable and constantly provided me with assistance whether it was for my job, my classes, or personal reasons.
Very productive work place with great co-workers
Student Aid (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 8, 2016
I've learned how to balance work, school, and baseball better, and also how to use excel in a more proficient way. The most enjoyable part is coming to work everyday surrounded by positive co-workers!
Dedication and Sacrifice does not pay off.
Staff (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 12, 2016
Dedication and Sacrifice does not pay off.
If you dont wear a suit and are not a man then you will not be recognized. ....................................

Want to know more about New York Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
Excellent Institute
Television Production Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2016
Excellent educational institute and has excellent professors. Professors has real world knowledge and experience along with connections.
It honed my skill to organized student event
Graduate Assistant, School of Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
In the daily work, I take responsibility for coordinated the time table for NYIT administrators and faculty members. I learned how to coordinate different people's time table and also learned how to negotiate with different department.

What's more, I take responsibility for collect student's assignment for professors. Through this task, I learned time management and learned manage the information through excel.
Pros
Have more chance to communicate with professors
Cons
Too busy
Productive Workplace with an exceptional environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
A typical workday consists of giving campus tours, uploading tours onto appointment quest, updated peoplesoft with prospective student. Also, what I learned is that many students come in with the idea of doing on certain major but end up deciding on some other major.
My co-workers are an amazing group and were always there if I needed anything at all. They assisted me with the workload and also gave me training.
Productive place with experienced workers
Academic Computing Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2016
This was a work study position. The majority of the job included checking computer and printing equipment, setting up smart classrooms with one touch interface technologies and answering phone calls
Great.
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
A great school and amazing opportunities for student with versatile work-study jobs. Great campus as well located in the center of NYC.
Interest place to work in. Great atmosphere
Circulation Desk/Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
A fast pace environment. wide variety of responsibilities and duties at the work place. Responsible for administrative items such as linking books and other items to the collection, maintain and updating the reserve collection and reserve list. In addition to these duties, assisted in the supervision of the student workers, in efforts to maintain and keep order to the collection.

I enjoyed working at this firm, interacting with people is my specialty. I learned different things about the job and it manage to enhance my ability to excel.
Pros
Yes, free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Its a great atmosphere to work in.
Assistant Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
I had a lot of fun being in this type of environment. I wasn't use to it but, with having so many different people helping and talking with people in the work area.
Great view from the office
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Not much help from management. Research topics are very great. If you are good at security then NYIT is place to work on. Research work is always trial and error. Good ex-poser in the security field.
Great school to study MA in Advertising
Senior student in the MA Communication Arts (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I highly recommend NYIT Communication Arts in Advertising and Public Relations major. It also the best in production major.
Excellent Student Position, Challenging Engineering Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The responsibilities executed in this position were all in support of an optics and fluid mechanics experiment. The overall goal of the project was to take holographic images of the mid-air collision of two ink droplets after being fired from two inkjet print heads.

It is an ongoing project, the nature of which posed many interesting and challenging engineering problems during the period in which I was involved. Due to the limited availability of information regarding the behavior of the ink droplets while taking trajectories they were not intended to take, great difficulties were encountered when attempting to determine their exact position at any given instant in time. However, knowledge of their exact position as a function of time was critical in timing the optical apparatus used to take the holographic images.

This problem of figuring out how to pinpoint the ink droplets, and time the laser and shutter accordingly, led to the design of various optical positioners which could be fine tuned/adjusted. This was the part of the job which I enjoyed the most, as it required much problem-solving through assembly design, machining and 3-D printing.

The "dimension-sensitive" nature of the project also provided valuable insight into how a mechanical system (particularly one involving optics) can react drastically to the most minute dimensional changes.
Pros
I made enough money to pay my bills over the summer, and learned a lot.
Cons
I made just enough money to pay my bills over the summer.