New York Islanders Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience but not somewhere I wanted to further my career
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2015
Overall, working for the Islanders was an average experience. I really enjoyed working with the people who had the same position as me and we were all very close but the culture in general was definitely sub-par. We did not do many activities outside of the office together and it did not come off as a place where people were happy to go to work every day. My boss was great though. Expectations were not too tough but what bothered me the most was that we got paid a lower amount especially in terms of commission than other sports organizations.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the people who had same positon as me
Cons
Very low commission rate/pay in general
Sink your Teeth into Everything
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYAugust 19, 2015
Working as a marketing intern for the Islanders was a great experience. The team really allowed you to test out any department that you wanted and gain experience wherever you felt could positively influence yourself. They definitely involved the interns in a lot of work that you knew would ultimately go back into the team's work once the season begun. The job was challenging at times but in a good way, it challenged you to be creative, innovative, and original and I couldn't ask for anything more.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Some Down Time
good
Internship (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYAugust 13, 2015
very good place. learned alot how to market the team. The coworkers were great to me if i needed help with something they would of dropped everything and helped me out.
Excellent Culture
Customer Service and Season Sales Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 2, 2015
I interned with the the now terminated Nassau County office, and not the current Brooklyn site, so unfortunately I cannot speak about the future of the organization. Although, the offices at the Coliseum treated me excellently and I learned a great deal. The culture was almost family-like, and I definitely enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Cons
No longer in business
Great company culutre
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYDecember 6, 2014
Lots of interns, but lots of room to for responsibility. Really enjoyed the culture
Productive but very demanding, extremely enjoyable
Sponsorship Internship (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 21, 2014
Work with the full-time sponsorship staff on maintaining relationships with 200+ partners and associates. Aid in the prospecting and researching of new prospective partners. Advised in the creation of promotions for the Islanders social media posts use out side of the box thinking, participate in ideation meetings, creating new promotions and partner tie-ins. Assist with activation of existing partnerships by individually dealing with clients on game nights and providing them with anything that is needed. Performed in the game night duties of the sponsorship department such as running the required advertisements on the Halo and digital dasher boards. The most enjoyable part of this position was working every home game at the Nassau Coliseum, being able to attend games and learn about certain in game promotions and working events.
Fun experience as intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
I worked as an intern in the marketing department. Great people to work with, understanding and helpful at every turn. I learned a great amount with programs and how to handle professional situations. Management that I dealt with was amazing. They were respectful and helpful. Hardest part of the job was that there is a bit of down time during slow parts of the season. Most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere. I love sports, and being around the team and seeing the everyday operations of even the marketing departments was amazing. I highly recommend attempting to work with the Islanders. They were very classy and a great team to work with. There was no financial compensation, but you can go to games, and receive great knowledge and experience.
Pros
management, co-workers, knowledge
Cons
not much room for advancement, compensation for intern work is scarce
Excellent organization with rich history and talented individuals in the Executive Offices
Group Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Nassau Veterans Memorial ColiseumAugust 4, 2014
Excellent culture, excellent people.

Learned how to sell in a sometimes difficult selling environment.
Pros
working in sports
Tight knit group of people. Exciting being in professional sports.
Junior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
The sales staff at the New York Islanders was a tight knit crew. I felt as much apart of the Islanders team as the players. A typical day at work included managing all of our season ticket holder accounts, as well as generating new leads and sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with Islanders personnel. It was very motivating knowing I was apart of a professional sports team.
This was a very solid atmosphere, with exceptionally ambitious individuals.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2012
I would arrive at the workplace and consume bagels. Next I would go to an office and make phone call to various ticket holders. Next I would research ways in which to entice new clients. I would often converse with players on new ways encourage more fans to attend the games. The most difficult part of the internship was contacting/communicating with very different personalities. However I loved learned about marketing schemes and techniques.
Good company to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 10, 2012
Company is great. Keep an open mind and network as much as possible.