New York Life Employee Reviews

Found 1,187 reviews matching the search
Corporate
Government Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 23, 2017
New York Life is all business all the time. It takes it's client's interests very serious. Very professional atmosphere. Very smart hard working people work there.
fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
was an intern at New York Life threw a mentorship program at the University of Houston, learned a lot about the life insurance business, and networking
Pros
knowledge
Fast-paced Environment
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 19, 2017
I loved working there! Overworked, paid great, underappreciated for hard work and mandatory overtime. Managers were a little sneaky but it was a good place overall.
Great training
LIFE INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 18, 2017
It's a good company and they provide great solutions for the client.They are a company that is respectable and noteworthy and deserving of its reputation.
Pros
Good training
n/a
Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2017
comparable to other companies in the industry. Nice company and they will help you grow. this business can change your life with hard work and determination
Great experience
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Work satisfaction good---good employer--
Endless income possibilities---a challenging and rewarding position within a progressive financial service company where experience,traing and abilities in financial planning, administration or funds management would be of value--
Great Company
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 17, 2017
Here is where I honed my skills as a financial consultant. I learned about many different product I could use to bring to the clientele I was building at the time. I learned how to manage a small team of agents. Together we would go out and engage the public, offering our services and illustrating how we could assist them in becoming financially literate.
Pros
Establishing Networks, Learning to furfill clients needs, learned to analyze clients financial situation
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get to everyone you'd like.
A laid back but always productive and innovative company.
Tech Ops (Current Employee) –  Forsyth County, GAMay 17, 2017
New York Life is a fun and fast paced environment where everybody networks with each there to get the job done well. I have been there for 3 months out of my 6 month internship program and if i had the opportunity to work for them full time, I would not hesitate to do so.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMay 17, 2017
There are some great people who work there, and if you want, you can really succeed there. It's commission based, but if you work hard, you can be making well over a six figure salary.
Very fun, family atmosphere. Great culture and benefits!
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
I have had the best experience at New York Life. Their training program is just what I needed to start my career as a financial advisor! I have been here almost 3 years now, and love every minute of it. The culture is unlike anything else. It really does feel like a family atmosphere, with friendly and fun competition. The hardest part of the job for me is talking to strangers. Once I get over that fear, it all becomes very simple. It's very satisfying knowing that I am helping to transform my community!
Pros
Great support from management, unlimited earning potential, pension plan, 401k & health insurance
Cons
you get out what you put in. Definitely NOT for those looking for a mindless 9-5

Want to know more about New York Life?

Ask a question
Good
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJMay 16, 2017
I had a very good time at New York Life Insurance. My team and colleagues are pretty good, I love work atmosphere and challenges I face there.If I will get chance to work again in NYL, I will accept for sure. Thank You..!
Pros
Scrum meetings, Team gettogethers etc..
Organized place of work, with excellent benefits.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 15, 2017
As the personal assistant to a life insurance agent, a typical day in the workplace consisted of tending to any needs of said agent, attending fairs and such by her side, and aiding her in assisting or educating clientele on life insurance packages, benefits, and options.
Pros
Excellent employee teamwork skills.
Cons
Busy work days, as expected.
Great job training.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  420 lexington ave. 15th fl new york, ny. 10170May 14, 2017
A great place to get hand on training on selling life insurance, retirement plans, college funding etc.

Best thing is the pay structure, sales incentives and bonuses, job independency freedom.
Pros
Independent hourse
Cons
100%commissions
Typical Day
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHMay 13, 2017
Agents call and disrespect the call center representatives
Sit at your desk with two scheduled 10 minute breaks an hour for lunch, process your work and answer calls.
Great Place
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 13, 2017
Great Place To Work. Strong Company. Great Training. Great Compensation. You Have To Continue To Sell in Order to Survive. You Eat What You Kill. Not For Everyone.
Very Great Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
My typical work day was one of a secretary. Answering the phone, greeting clients, making appointments, and filing. My manager was a notable agent who made the job easy for me, only reason I stopped working was because she was retiring.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 11, 2017
relaxed company to work for as long as you did your work there was no pressure from Management. Open door policy and management was always very helpful.

I'm not sure how they do their hiring process but New York Life had an amazing staff, some of the nicest helpful people I ever worked with.
Tough
Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 11, 2017
The right person can really soar in this business. It's selling insurance, pure and simple. If you can market yourself properly in an over-saturated market and get past the awkward points of selling, you can have a promising career. It is extremely tough, and prospecting is not taught.
Very unfriendly to employees and temps are deemed worthless
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2017
Horrendous work environment. 1 bad manager left and got replaced by someone even worse due to a poll they had with corporate. Employees treated poorly
Cons
bad management, lack of communication, excessive overtime
Very fun and nice work place and peoples
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist,claims examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
I really like this company my second long term job imove up fast in this company started out as file clerk to check typist to examiner then manager my own job
Pros
Earn days for vacation
Cons
Great bebefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Life. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval