New York Life Employee Reviews

Found 1,192 reviews matching the search
Excellent Work life balance and Good Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 13, 2017
I work as consultant in NYL and found this place for an excellent work life balance and good management.
A very good team environment but needs more focus on improving the processes.
A changing company
Research Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
Management in constant flux and seeking direction.
Technologically challenged from the consumer and Agent perspective. Marketing primarily Agent focused, not consumer.
Good
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 5, 2017
Good benefits, challenging atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of job is to provide clients with financial guidance. Management style is entrepreneurial.
Very intense at year end but other time pretty laid back
Accountant - Investment Reporting Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
Request information from other teams, answer question from others. Meet dead lines, and remind other team to meet ours. Have team meetings, check status.
A lot of work not a lot of rewards if you dont have connections
Financial Advisor/Agent (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 3, 2017
My partner was the best, the training was excellent, but if you don't have an endless amount of contacts you are basically a glorified telemarketer cold calling. You definitely need thick skin. The reversals are killers. You get paid then the client cancels and now you are working for free to pay all the money back. If you have a community you can do well but if you don't you'll be looking elsewhere very soon. It's definitely a revolving door business
Pros
Working for yourself
Cons
Trying to find contacts
hartikka tree farm
Driver (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 3, 2017
i am happy because my wife wants me and my kids to be happy so i can buy them a cell phone and a ipod and get them a job so i am so so so so so so happy
Good Company
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 2, 2017
Overall its an excellent company with good benefits and good management. Good role for those who business to do for themselves
I enjoyed having my own business
Owner and Manager (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work was networking and meeting clients to write business. I learned how to run my own business. I had a small office in Travelers Rest SC. The hardest part of my job was working for commission only.
I enjoyed meeting new people and taking care of their insurance needs.
Pros
owning your own business
Cons
Commssion only
Commission
Life Agent (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 1, 2017
Insurance agents is a very hard job to make a living at if you start as a mature older person. It takes years to build up you book of business and surviving on commission only is very hard if not impossible.
Hustling
Life and Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2017
very independent job. no office bace or hour pay. a car is a must to make appointments and deliver policies. pros: ability to create a face to face client base. offers courses through the NYL university.
Life agent
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Call clients to schedule appointment, follow up with clients and deliver policies to clients. Went to businesses or clients home to prospect and gather client needs. I learned how to gather clients needs and build a portfolio to fit their budget or life needs. Enjoyed helping families protect their families future.
Pros
Convenient work schedule
Best company
DataStage Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Newyork life is best company to enhance your skills in IBM infosphere Datastage, I got a chance to work with good developers and leads where i gave my best and got good reviews from manager. I would like to work with them again if they have any contract opportunities in near future.
Great Company to work for.
Insurance salesman and representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 25, 2017
It was my first big job as a salesman. I earned the "Million Dollar Round Table" award in the first three months of sales. It was very satisfying to set up a life insurance plan for families that I talked with.
Pros
Great company to work for until flying jobs were available
Unlimited ceiling with a bottomless floor.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYFebruary 24, 2017
This is a sales job. If you are an elite seller you will do quite well. I had excellent months and dry months, these deals do not move as quickly as other sales might. Training is limited.
Originally a company boasting significant numbers of long serving professionals
Corporate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NJFebruary 22, 2017
When I began my career with the company, there was an employee designation called "New York Lifers". This was indicative of those who served for remarkable periods of time, often in excess of 20 or 30. I personally knew of more than a few who counted NYL as the first and last employer of their professional careers.
Challenging and fun place to work environment
Corporate Vice President of Enterprise Technology (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Challenging and fun place to work environment. Company has expanded into diffrent customer's sectors to provide insurance and investment products. A Company you Keep.
Productive and fun environment to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Hardest part of the job is issues with the application when deploying. I learned a new technology for for application purpose and learn in depth knowledge of my technology.
New York Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 19, 2017
We learned most aspects of NYL insurance and Tech Support for Nation Wide Support of all Agents. We as tech support were not told our jobs would be outsourced out of state to pay lower wages and have some of us train those individuals.
Cons
Job was outsourced out of state for cheaper pay.
My first Part-Time job
Information Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 19, 2017
New York Life Insurance was the first part-time job. This experience was unforgettable in my life. I learnt a lot online marketing and time management.
Great Opportunity if you work hard
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Like most things in life, working at New York Life is no different, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out if it. It also really depends on who your manager is. Trying to surround yourself around successful people is always key. I personally found it difficult to find my niche around the office.
Pros
Large support structure
Cons
Mangers spread too thin, Way to many meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Life. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval