New York Life Employee Reviews

Found 1,156 reviews matching the search
We did alot of activities
Data entry, filing call center and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great p[lace to work for. We did a lot of activities throughout the year. I worked with a lot of different people. It was sad, that they had out sourced the work.
Worked on Graphic Design
Designer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Worked on graphic designs for a commissioned insurance agent. Business cards, flyers and anything else needed.

Allowed creativity and personal opinions were appreciated.
Competitive
PTAS - Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 6, 2017
The training is rigid and very motivational. They require you to do prospecting with clients and they are focus on FYC for the first part of the year.
Pros
Very good training.
Cons
Very competitive.
Enjoyed my years at NYL
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I worked with some great people. A typical day would be calendar management, expense reporting and attendance recording.
The most enjoyable time at this job was the numerous holiday themed lunches, parties and charity giveaways.
productivity is that matters
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
work hard and get push to the Limit the only that matter the training is good but promoting blacks is hard managers spend more time helping the people they like
Pros
training is good and product is good
Cons
nothing is free
Company is not transparent. Not realistic for people who have bills.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Everything that was promised was not followed through on. Unless you are living at home for free and have no bills OR are very wealthy and can afford to invest your money BEFORE ever getting paid by this company and can risk your paycheck getting reversed and owing the company A LOT of money, this may not be the best choice for you. On average, it will take about 6 months to see any "pay check". They promise benefits but this is only if you have people that want to sign up for an Insurance product and submit payent and have money in the bank to pay for your own benefits. This is a self funded, self initiated business. Not only are expected to devote your day to "Training" you are also expected to drum up business all while NOT getting paid to do so.
Pros
Learn about insurance products
Cons
NO pay and expensive to get started
Productive and fun.
Consultant/Professional Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Must have self discipline, drive, and motivational skills to become top 10 in company. Very fun environment and very advance technology to challenge you.
was a nice place to work
Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Very nice place to work, was in the top 500 fortune company, enjoyed working for New York Life. Enjoyed my co-workers. Was unfortunate they had out sourced the work.
Produce or Perish...
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 2, 2017
Extraordinary amount of training requirements. Very fast paced, established routines that make or break your success. Follow the plan. Top Manager is outstanding. Co-workers are competitors, therefore, the sub-culture is understandable. Hardest part of the job is not earning a paycheck. Helping families was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Commission sales
Cons
Commission sales
fast pace place to work, the days go by quick
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 2, 2017
inputting the life insurance application and checking account information, also following up with agents to complete the process of the applications
Pros
fast past work environment
Cons
no cons
Great Company!
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 28, 2016
Great management and sales training! Leader in the financial industry!
I recommend for anybody looking for a career in financial sales!
Nice perks! Go for it!
Pros
Fun place to work; enjoyed who I worked with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MADecember 28, 2016
Typical day of work consisted of supporting 15+ Relationship Managers. I enjoyed supporting them even on the craziest of days. I loved working with my co-workers and consider myself a team player.
Productive and busy workplace. Enoy dealing with people and helping them understand their life insurance policies.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 26, 2016
Worked in the call center answering approximately 100 calls daily. Learned something new everyday either from my co-workers or my bosses which I really loved. The management were very knowledgeable and also helpful with any of the representatives needs. I always enjoyed turning challenges into desirable outcomes for my customers.
Not for the risk averse
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 26, 2016
A person's income is variable. It's not for the faint of heart. It's great if you have a two-income household or if you're single. There is great income potential.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Very unstable income
only compensation
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2016
Good place to work if you don't need income urgently. You will have to save up until you get a large enough client base. No Salary you only work off commission
Okay place to work
Senior Service Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 20, 2016
The team environment was key at this company and we had a lot of fun my team were the annuity side of the business and we enjoyed speaking with the agents and assisting the customers very nice job
agent
Licensed Life, Health, & Accident Agent (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSDecember 12, 2016
I mainly worked from an office out of my home, because the closest office is over thirty miles away and could not travel that everyday. I enjoyed working for this company.
No help during start
Agent/Adviser (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 12, 2016
They throw you into the deep end with no help, they want you do sign up all friends in family, once you do that they dont care for they have what they want.
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall a company to work with
Sr. Business Analyst / Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
The NYLIM is a subsidiary investment firm under New York Life Insurance Company. whereas to it parent company, It's corporate culture is more toward to that in investment banking. There have been a lot changes to organizational structures.
A good company to work with
System Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
Overall a good company to work with. Work life balance is good. Corporate culture is good. But there have been some changes in organizational structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Life. Our community is ready to answer.