The New York Liquidation Bureau (NYLB) is seeking a senior-level SQL programmer and database administrator for its IT Systems Division. The NYLB carries out the responsibilities of the NYS Superintendent of Financial Services as Receiver and acts on his behalf in the discharging of his statutorily defined duties to protect the interests of the policyholders and creditors of insurance companies that have been placed into receivership.
The Sr. SQL Programmer/Database Administrator supports current SQL applications and assists in the migration of legacy to new SQL systems, as well as developing, debugging and maintaining stored procedures. The Sr. SQL Programmer/Database Administrator also works with user divisions to design, develop and implement various tracking and reporting systems.
Duties may include, without limitation, as follows:
- Supporting current applications on MS SQL and Visual Basic 6/Visual Basic.net
- Working with end-users to define business functions and establish production parameters
- Performing analysis of existing systems as well as post-implementation reviews, identifying deficiencies and providing solutions
- Developing functional and technical specifications for modifications to existing systems as well as for new systems, as prescribed by Systems Development Methodology (SDM)
- Developing data conversion requirements for migration between legacy and new systems
- Developing code employing MS SQL, MS Access, Visual Basic 6, and Visual Basic.net
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a computer-related discipline
- 8+ years experience in SQL stored procedures
- Significant programming, software development and database administrator experience in SQL 2000-2012, Windows XP/NT/Windows 7 and .NET environments
- Experience developing reports utilizing MS SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing insurance claims and other financial data tracking and reporting systems preferred
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to develop complex T-SQL scripts.
- Ability to configure and maintain MS SQL Database configuration and settings
- Ability to monitor MS SQL Database performance and tune as necessary
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting
- Ability to work the hours needed to complete assignments, including potential IT emergency situations
Please remember to include the title of the position sought in the subject section of your email.
Resumes from recruiters or staffing agencies will not be accepted
The NYLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace. EOE/M/F/D/V.