New York Medical College Employee Reviews

no career advancement
Valhalla New York, Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 25, 2017
no career advancement
very quickly to remove your position
no flexibilty
low income, no raises
rude people to deal with
lousy HR dept.
securityis lousy
Great Opportunities
Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 12, 2017
I have gained so much lab experience from working as a laboratory aide. I am a student at a different college, so I work here during the summertime. My fellow lab mates are helpful, fun and very dependable. My schedule was VERY flexible! Although my position and job title was small, working in the lab has opened a lot of big doors for me in regards to my education.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant, Department of Ob/Gyn (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2017
I learned about the process of getting into medical school, residency program and graduating with medical doctors degree. I enjoyed the transitioning.
Pros
Always off the day afte thanksgiving.
Cons
Having to give doctors news about their suspension
Nice to come to Daily, but pay sucks
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 3, 2017
I really liked the day to day. 35hr work week. 5 weeks vacation, plus lots of holidays, anything that the college gets. Hospital and college have great extras, like employee barbeques. However as great as the work/life balance is, the pay was terrible and raises are only every 5-7 years.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay
Productive research environment
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 1, 2017
Independent work environment with plenty of opportunities to increase your own skills, critical thinking, and publications.
Academic research depends on grant funding and that's hard to come by. A small institution with limited internal collaboration, but with a very friendly environment.
Pros
Independence, fostering critical thinking, friendly work environment
Cons
Limited internal collaborations, small institution
Adequate
train (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Adequate. Location is outside of a large metropolis, at an idyllic suburb. If you live in the city, you need a car to commute. Otherwise, public transportation options are somewhat limited.
Great Environment but inadequate pay
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 21, 2016
I love working here. The problem is you don't get raises for years. When the raises come it is 1% or not exceeding $1500. Very minimal to say the least.
Pros
Working environment is positive. You are not micro-managed
Cons
Low pay especially for people without a medical degree
School was in transition
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 11, 2016
When I worked for a full time permanent Pathology Chairperson, my job was great. However due to the fiscal problems in the school, I had to work with inexperienced temporary Chairpersons who made the performance of my position difficult.
Pros
Academically a good school
Cons
Instability
productive, but there was no salary rising for many years
Research Associate/Manager of Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 28, 2016
Great company to work at. But, unfortunately, the scientific-experimental part of the College does not work as intensely as few years ago.
Productive and nice envrionement
Associate professor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 28, 2016
I love my lab and working with students We have seminars and an easy going environment. We have master students give seminars which are often better than outside speakers! We have outside speakers and intelligent faculty. Mostly we work quietly and sometimes together.
Learning Environment
RESEARCH INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
This position was excellent for learning standard laboratory techniques. I joined not having any experience in a laboratory, but my co-workers were welcoming and more than happy to teach me the protocols. My P.I was involved and curious about my progress during my time there. After the first month of learning and practicing the responsibilities became second nature allowing me to feel as a valued team member.
The residency rotation was excellent.
Anesthesiology Residency (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
The training was excellent and provided multispecialty exposure for learning and development.
Academic and clinical guidance was excellent.
Pros
Provided a wide variety of clinical and academic teaching of residents
A trouble medical school
Professor of Clinical Neurology (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 8, 2014
The school has gone through a lot of changes in the last few years including a change of ownership from the Archdiocese of New York to Tuoro Colleges and University System, a new Chancellor, and vacant Dean position just now being filled after a 1 year hiatus, and three different Vice Deans with the position currently left vacant. Needless to say, the change-over in the upper eschelons leaves those beneath with a sense of insecurity. There is also the feeling that they are constantly trying to get things done "on the cheap" which translates into fewer people trying to do more work just to keep things together.
no job security
Administrative Secretary, Pre-Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 29, 2014
no chance of advancement, every department that I worked in close, so there hasn't been career advancment nor job security.
Pros
I received an income
Cons
income was not sufficient and every department I worked in closed!!
Aiding administrative staff
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 16, 2013
Collecting, scanning, retrieving and filing medical studies. I was very satisfied working with such competent women. The hardest part of the job was understanding the intricate nature of each study - lots of paperwork. I enjoy being of service and making someone's work life a little easier.
Pros
10 am - 2 pm
Cons
None to report
Speech-Language Pathology Masters of Science Program
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 23, 2013
Graduate level medical emphasis clinical training program.
family like and fun work place
General Practice Residency (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 22, 2013
Best GPR residency I could had asked for. Learned something everyday. Great faculty. Best program director and by far one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. We were like a big family. great assistants and colleagues whom working with was not only fun but educational as well. Hardest part was being in a level I hospital, taking first calls q3-4 days for oral surgery, Event though it was difficult at first, it got easier after first few month. Now I'm so glad it was the way it was though, because learned invaluable lessons and gained experiences that not all new graduating dentist get the chance to go through and experience.

thank you Dr. Martinez,
It wouldn't had been possible without you
Farinaz Tazeh
Payroll experience
Payroll - Office support (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 23, 2013
First time doing payroll and learning about the different Unions for Doctors
Pros
In the city
Cons
Part-time
A great academic environment to learn all the tools needed to become a public health expert.
Adjunct Professor in Epidemiology (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 9, 2013
Students interested in obtaining an MPH degree enroll into the university.The program is a two year rigorous program which impacts a lot of knowledge needed as a public health practitioner.
Pros
Co-workers encourage each other to keep fit and eat healthy diets.
Cons
The compensation is small, compared to the work.
Productive Learning environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 20, 2012
Productive learning environment. Easy to work and attend classes. Sale of school so cannot attest to current situation there.