New York Methodist Hospital

New York Methodist Hospital Employer Reviews

productive fun work place
Nurse Technician- (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2014
each day was different because i was on a different floor but it was very rewarding
learned alot from the doctors and RN
management was great
co-workers easy to get along with
unfortunate passing
being able to help those in neeed
Knows his work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST INTERN (Hematology/Chemistry) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2014
Amazing doctor, he is creative and knows his work inside out. you will never meet another one like him
OBGYN at Methodist Hospital
OB/GYN Department, Brooklyn (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2014
Doing my internship at Methodist Hospital was great everyone was friendly and very welcoming. They teach you everything you may need to know. I don't regret not doing my internship there because if I did I wouldn't see the cool things I wouldn't see in everyday life. Thanks for giving me the opportunity Methodist !
DEDICATION
Unit clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: vacation and holiday time, pay is good
Cons: you cannot call out more than twice a year or discplinary action takes place
The most ejoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped save a life and or made a difference in a persons life. Nurses are great and work hard and many if not all are wonderful. It is a fast paced environment and many people are not cut out for the amount of work given, but the good thing is you work hard, make your money, and go home. Management – more... could be a whole lot worse, but for some reason staff is able to deal with the toughness, and inconsistences.
Overall, its a great place to work, its just there is too much pressure to do too much in too little time. – less
Fantastic hospital
Credentials Coordinator / Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
NYMH is a wonderful place to work. The medical staff is excellent, top-notch. The administrative staff is great, very friendly and warm .
Fast track
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: i worked 40 hours
Cons: i had to leave
I preformed glucose and pregnancy testing, I provided back-up materials for call backs. I answered phones, received messages and transferred calls. Maintained patient charts and fax, copied and scanned documents.
Extremely busy Faculty Department
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: great experience and pay
Cons: can be a bit overwhelming at times
A typical day at work includes, opening up the pratice and making sure all equipment is ready to be used. As patients arrive triage them, enter information in the system, do blood work if needed.At the end of the day,make sure all information is accurate in the system then pull any reports from the system.Then I file and retrieve charts of patients – more... that are coming in the following day. I make sure all necessary documents are retrieved and placed in the correct file. lastly I then check the list of sleep study that was done that day and confirm instructions with the patient. All rooms are then cleaned, restocked and prepared for the next day. Ekg machines are then transmitted and recharged. All employees and managers get along well, although challenging at times, this job taught me great multitasking and management skills – less
intern
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
I worked as an intern in the Inpatient Rehab center while i was in high school. I loved being here to help the elderly as well as injured patients. I assisted in helping people walk again as well as regain their cognitive skills, after either a stroke or surgery. It felt really great to work with all the doctors and being part of helping others!
Work
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2014
Nice place to work, Has a hotel feel, very clean, culturally competent personel
Enjoyed working at this hospital
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: former manager very polite and employees
Cons: want to learn more the medicaid application process
Hours were great, day went quickly, learn Eagle and AIM, former manager a real gentleman and professional, co-workers were friendly and didn't mine showing me the work in the department, wanted to learn more the systems and become more familiar with medicaid application process, was able to walk from home to the hospital.
friendly staff
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
• Organized a binder for patients includes different forms and indexes
• Delivered lab diagnostic imaging test as request by nursing and physician staff
• Update in the ADT (Admission , Discharge and transfer) system with admission
GREAT EXPERIENCE
Medical Transporter (Former Employee), MAIN BUILDINGFebruary 27, 2014
GREAT ENVIRONMENT,
EXCELLENT STAFF.
ATTEND SCHOOL HERE I LEARNED A LOT.
Fiendly staff
Ultrasound Technologist Extern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Non stop working environment, outstanding professionalism.
Patinet's data entry, following up on abnormal newborn screening tests, and many other duties
NICU Coordinator/Newborn Screening Coordinator (Current Employee), Park SlopeFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, friednly staff, great neighborhod
Cons: hard to find parking, too many responsibility for one employee, noone is covering when i away.
Very nice clean hospital in the Park Slope. Department of Pediatrics with good physicians. Job requires excellent follow up skills.
Not enough direction, but good experience
Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2014
It has its moments and they are truly great moments, but there is a lot of nothing to do as patients rest.
Great place for students to hone their skills
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: a lot of scan time
Cons: no real cons except if you do not show initiative then you won't learn much
It is a great location for an US student to extern. If you show commitment and interest, you can learn a lot
Great place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: bad management
NYM is a great place to work. I was on an off site and it was good place to work but their wasn't great management in place.
i was able to work in diff dept
Secretary Pre-Surgical Testing (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
every dept you were able to learn and help patients it was hands on and I love hands on
Great work environment and working relations
Department Floater (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: on work pool schedule
Worked for various departments with interesting work responsibilities and productivity.
NYC hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New york, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: commute, patient ratios above union agreement
A typical day included checking in on patients, anywhere from 5-13 depending on how many nurses were assigned to the floor, and then receiving report. Each nurse was responsible for checking doctors orders and then administering medications as prescribed, all the while performing daily head to toe assessments and documenting in full detail. Nurses were – more... responsible for completing multiple care plans per patient as well and ensuring their needs were met as best as possible. Working on nights, I had little contact with management, except those on my unit directly. My co-workers were supportive and approachable, and were of great assistance when I needed it. – less

1 2 3 4

About New York Methodist Hospital

New York Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching hospital in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. Established – Read more