New York Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

New York Methodist Hospital
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at NYM Hospital. There was a lot to learn. It was a very progressive hospital. It was a teaching hospital so it was a great environment to learn. The nursing staff was premier.
Pros
Close to home
job culture
ER Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2017
overworked with too many patients per nurse in the emergency room, overworked, no breaks most of the time, unsafe environment for the patient and nurse while working in the ER
Pros
salary
Cons
under staff/not safe patient care
Absolutely One of the Best Management Teams ever
Effort
Assistance within the Pharmacy Department if needed
Steady Work pace
Efficiency
Pros
High-5 Awards, gift cards, congratulations, Free Lunch
Cons
when teamwork isn't compliant, it slows down an entire system
Productive workplace
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2017
enjoyed working at NYM Hospital. Very Clean environment.Pleasant staff and workplace. Excellent Doctors and nurses. Enjoyed making patients feel happy and most of all comfortable.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
Productive and good learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2017
I worked with the CEO of the hospital and it was a good learning experience to work under such an important and busy person. I learned a lot from this experience in the medical field.
Work
Environmental Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 4, 2017
NYMH is a fine place to work. The benefits are good. I have worked there over 10 years. Constant change and elevation. However not a lot of growth for non-degree employees.
The ER at NYM was an exciting environment to learn and provide care for patients.
New York State Registered Emergency RN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2017
There really wasn't a "typical" day at NYM in the ER, which was part of the reason why I enjoyed it. Every day presented new opportunities to learn and care for patients. It was a level 2 trauma center which saw an array of cases ranging from gunshot and stab wounds, a wide range of cardiac emergencies, stroke, GI emergencies. respiratory emergencies, and an array of less critical patient situations. I learned that the quality of medical care I provide is just as important as the comfort and emotional support I provide, especially in an emergency room setting. The hardest part of the job was managing the volume of patients that come into the ER, at any time I was responsible for caring for up to 20 patients at once. I received the greatest satisfaction when a patient would thank me for the care and service I provided and that was my goal with everyone I cared for.
Good place
Microbiology Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11215June 30, 2017
Excellent place! Great people and good job security, its too bad pay is very poor. Excellent internal and external customer service, would apply again if money wasn't and issue.
Pharmacy residency
Pharmacy Practice Residency (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2017
Challenging position but learned a lot, preceptors were demanding. Typical day...daily rounds, questions, special projects: New ...........................................
A sure learning experience volunteering at New York Methodist Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
Working at New York Methodist Hospital is one of the most exhilarating learning experience that I can ever imagine or hope for! I learned a lot from the RNs and Doctors in the Neurology department in which I was volunteering!
Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2017
I was a volunteer at Methodist Hospital on the Med Surg unit and I was able to learn alot from the friendly staff before heading off the medical school.
Poor employee morale
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2017
Poor work morale from the nurses, managers are undertrained and show favoritism. Hard to get vacation approved no matter how far in advance you apply.
Pros
unionized
Cons
everything else
Learning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2017
The learning experience was great. There is little room for advancement and growth. I enjoyed working with the staff in the hospital. A lot of standing up and running around from post to post.
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2017
In short NYM is a great company to work for but at the time of my transition, I believe that they began to cultivate an environment that made relations between management and employee strained wich all to often required staff to seek out help or information from the 1199 union.
I cant speak to how the environment is now but a-lot of my friends still work there un-bothered and content.
Pros
Very clean and technologically advanced
Fast pacd city hospital.
Charge Nurse, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 5, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great place to acquire experience. The culture was not the most supportive. Management was not very supportive. However great teamwork displaced and staff were very helpful.
Pros
being in the city, fact paced, teamwok
Cons
lack of managerial support
Professional Atmosphere
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2017
Atypical day at work was, greeting staff and patients. Approached desk, logged onto computer sites that are worked on, and do daily routine like, answer phones, call patients, verify patients insurance, scanned documents, scheduled appointments in Eagle System, worked on Cerner System, Outlook, checked office supplies stash, etc.
The best hospital in Brooklyn with great patient satisfaction.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2017
New York Methodist Hospital is in a great and safe location.They have an interdisciplinary team of workers who provides the best patient satisfaction.
Compassionate workplace where healing happens
Patient Care Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2017
A typical day as a patient care volunteer at New York Methodist Hospital consists of many clerical tasks including relaying messages, filing records, and giving visitors directions. The highlight of my experience at New York Methodist was getting to know and care for the patients who were admitted. The tasks of major importance for a patient care volunteer includes ensuring that patients stay comfortable during their stay and patients that need assistance with their feeds get the proper nutrition they need to help healing. This experience taught me how to be compassionate and caring.
Rewarding, fulfillment, and accomplished
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2017
Building on your knowledge, creating a comfortable environment. Being in an environment that allows you to grow and treat your as a whole. Feeling appreciated.
Assistant to the Director of patient account
Assistant to Director of Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Scheduled all meeting, typed up all correspondence, followed up with billing for medicare, medicaid and private insurance and filled in when a patient biller called in,
Pros
Great Dircotro
Cons
sorry I left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location