New York Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Advanced, productive, and great place to work in
Blood bank Technologist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: always learning and updating new skills and techniques, great environment.
Cons: low salary.
New York Methodist is a great place to work, because it is a teaching hospitals and we're training students as we work, we always continued learning and advancing academically as well. The blood bank team is more of a family rather then co-workers. they're all very friendly and helpful and great to work with.
reasonable work place
FOOD SERVICE (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2015
I have learn to set up patients tray diet, what can they eat accordingly to their diet, the portion that can be serve to each patient. I enjoy working with the staff we teach each other when rules and regulation changes.
nice work setting, big lunch room and clean bathroom.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health insurance and short breaks
Productive and a fun workplace with many equipment that helps get the job done effectively. having good work colleague that are relateable.
Good and fund place to work
Assistant Director of Plant Operations (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2015
Good work place with supportive staff and management. As an health care facilities it is all about patient care and satisfaction. This facilities have a wide rage of Engineering equipment making it a great learning environment. The hardest part of the job is the 24/7 on call for any emergency. I believe it is a good place to work.
the hardest part was working from 11am to 8pm; when got home no time for personal life;
Licensed Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2015
It was my first job as a physical therapist. If not for low salary and long hours it was ideal job. Diverse patient population with various diagnosis. I was able to treat patients with postsurgical and many other medical conditions
A great place to work
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dept. of SurgeryJune 17, 2015
Pros: I do enjoy my job and it's flexibilty to take time off
Cons: No real room for employment growth
Though this facility is a great place to work, it is very difficult to advance here. The room for growth is limited due to the fact that the higher level staff have retained their positions for extensive periods of time and unfortunately causes people like myself who have the experience and education but started out on a low level to remain at or near that position type.
Productive and fun place to work
Radiographic Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Promotion opportunities
Cons: poor parking
Great work experience opportunities. I love the atmosphere as each member of staff are very professional and helpful.

I would recommend everyone to work there as its also located in a very attractive community.
An interesting place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYMay 20, 2015
Cons: Health insurance
I work the midnight shift, I enjoy the encounters with most of the patients. I get to do customer service, and assist in making the patients feel comfortable while waiting to see the doctor.
Great fast paced environment!!
Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2015
Great staff and one of the best hospitals in New York City. Nurses and Doctors were very helpful to the interns in the emergency room.
Great learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2015
A great place to work for me because of all the exposure I received by working in different departments. co-workers are awesome. I did not experienced any hardship as I was always orientated to each department very professionally and received continued support if needed.
busy and professional teaching hospital
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2015
At New York Methodist college of allied health education I studied the sciences of Ultrasound. I learned from many great teachers who taught me the essentials in order for me to become a Ultrasound technologist. Classes included abdominal, ob/gyn, vascular, echo and small parts ultrasound as well as ultrasonic physics. I received hands on experience measuring and documenting normal and abnormal anatomy. I had three clinical rotation externships at two different teaching hospitals. I received training at New York Methodist hospital in their women's imaging center and their vascular imaging center. I also received training at New York Presbyterian general imaging lab which concentrated on abdominal and small parts ultrasound.
Great Place
Sparks for Life Volunteer Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
I liked volunteering at the New York Methodist Hospital as a Volunteer Artist for Sparks for Life. Being able to interact with children at pediatrics taught me how to interact with people in general.
Fast passed energetic work environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: challenging while allowing me to utilize my skills and experience.
Cons: i was laid off.
I enjoyed working at New York Methodist Hospital. As an Administrative assistant I had the opportunity to work with a great boss who posses integrity and strong motivational ability.
Great working environment!
Co-researcher - Department of Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
I was there for a research project I was working on in Radiation Oncology. Had a wonderful experience working with the doctors and residents there.
It was ok
Patient Care Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Was busy but enjoyable. Some of the co-workers were too stressed. Cafeteria was good and provided lots of variety of healthy food alternatives.
Terrible place
... (Former Employee), ...February 18, 2015
Really unprofessional manager. The Dr. in this facility is very unfair. She basically wants you to do her job and then tells you that you are not doing a good job. Stay away from that place, it's not a good work environment by a mile.
Great learning environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Got a great opportunity to learn, got a chance to shadow physician and surgeries and also got to interact with the patients and other staff.
Learnt so much in a short period.An educative environment
Nurse Scholar Intern, PD, Site (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: had acess to every unit as an intern
Cons: missed bedside nursing
A unique family where everyone is saying hello and asking me if i need any help.My job as a an Intern took me round most of the units, working with Residents,Attending Physicians,Nurses, UAP, Social workers etc.I felt so proud of myself amidst these great and loving people.Learnt a lot in a short period.
Great work place
Administrative Assistant to Two Physicians (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: compasionate co-workers
Cons: health insurance cost
Busy days that are filled with non mundane work load. Employees of the hospital are very approachable and easy to speak to and resolve issues amongst themselves.
grew up locally, so Met was like my second home...!
Morgue Attendant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: family friendly atmosphere
Cons: parking, traffic and noise
NYMethodist was a great hospital. Beautiful people, doing beautiful things!....made a lot of lifelong friends. Kinda miss the ol days!