New York Methodist Hospital

New York Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent culture
Associate Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2016
Great institution to work at, has a good model of practice.
Easy to work with various disciplines.
Fosters growth and development.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
lacks resources
Interesting Job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2016
A typical day was fun because of acting. I learned how a patient should be treated in order for me to be a great doctor in the future. Management was very professional. This was a great workplace. The most enjoyable part of this job was the acting process, because you could pretend to be someone your not and have fun with it while you are working at the same time.
Work
Operating Room Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2016
Typical day is scheduling patients for surgical procedures precertification on procedures and medications. Handling high volume calls and interaction with patients and doctors daily.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Non complying patients
productive fast paced company
Front Desk Clerk / Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2016
new York Methodist hospital is one of the best hospitals in Brooklyn. I am learning a lot while working there. It is very fast paced and a great place to work.
Extremely caring environment
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 8, 2016
Schedule appointments, checked in and discharge patients and general office duties when necessary.
Patient chart preparation
Operate telephone switchboard to answer and relay messages
Productive and Professional workplace
Cytogenetics Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2016
Working at the laboratory was an amazing learning experience. I had the opportunity to be exposed to the inner working of a hospital environment.
Not a good work environment for individuals who want a balanced life
Attending Podiatrist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2016
worked 80 hours/week, experienced harsh work environment, which caused problems with physical and mental health. The only rewarding experience was working and teaching residents and caring for patients. No support or back-up from direct supervisor, constantly worried about job security. When raise was requested, I was given notice that my last day would be in June 2016.
very fun working space
Office Assistant & Chinese interpreter (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2016
It is a good way to learn how to communicate with different kinds of people, also I can learn a lot of medical terms. The co-works are nice.
Pros
free lunch
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Slope, Brooklyn, NYJanuary 28, 2016
The worst place to work in this hospital is Faculty Practice. The Director constantly thrive on bullying me. Went as far as me getting a lawyer and going to HR department. All that did was divert her attention to harrass other employees. The hire turn our is crazy. In less than six months five people left.
Benefits
Cons
Director and manager
good and comfortable environment to work
Patient Care Technician/Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2016
I work on the mother/baby unit. this specific unit is family and friendly orientated. the staff is great and we give the best care.
Cons
the job scheduling is a disaster
Challenging Work
Office Supervisor, Outreach Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2015
Busy on most days from start to finish. High volume output and constant work flow. Customer service is a challenge due to many operational changes. Good staff makes daily operation run smooth and efficiently.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2015
Working at New York Methodist Hospital was a great experience, especially dealing with patients and staff. It truly geared me up to deal with a new title, I wore so many hats to get the job done.
Great place for a novice nurse.
Staff Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2015
The staff in women's services were very welcoming to new comers. It felt like a family. In labor and delivery the nurses pitched in to help one another out. There was a vast array of knowledge throughout the staff. Saying that we worked as a team, it was an understatement.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
parking in the community
great if you love working with people
Intern for Physical and Occupational Therapy Units (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I love occupational therapy so work in this unit contributed to what i wanted to do with my life. You learn to communicate with people of all ages and you become apart of their recovery. Management treats with respect.
Productive and hard work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work is getting your assignment and getting on post. Need management that has at least some background of law emforcement experience. Management plays favoritism in that deparment, and yes if a relitive works there, you will more then likely become part of the management team.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
expensive healthcare
evolving place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2015
I started at New York Methodist Hospital as a new grad into the emergency department. i learned alot, and i am very grateful for being given the oppurtunaty as a new nurse.
what i like the most is the each day was different and with new challenges.
Given fairly adequate time for patient interaction and great scope for growth.
Senior Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2015
This company had been a great place to work because of it's racial diversity and unlimited scope for growth. Staff did not feel isolated and there was limitless resources for adequate patient care. New York Methodist Hospital made me feel like a real nurse because I was given realistic patient load so each patient could get my undivided attention - for the most part.

A typical day was ALWAYS busy, but not without the help of peers and supervisors. The opportunity for learning new things were endless.

The hardest part of the job was working short staffed and the MOST enjoyable part was patient interaction eg. having a patient with a tireless determination to teach me how to speak Russian.
Great place to work.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work. Nice environment and staff. Nice area of Brooklyn to work in. Easy commute. Management listens to employees.
Pros
nice environment
Advanced, productive, and great place to work in
Blood bank Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2015
New York Methodist is a great place to work, because it is a teaching hospitals and we're training students as we work, we always continued learning and advancing academically as well. The blood bank team is more of a family rather then co-workers. they're all very friendly and helpful and great to work with.
Pros
always learning and updating new skills and techniques, great environment.
Cons
low salary.
reasonable work place
FOOD SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2015
I have learn to set up patients tray diet, what can they eat accordingly to their diet, the portion that can be serve to each patient. I enjoy working with the staff we teach each other when rules and regulation changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location