New York Mets Employee Reviews

New York Mets
Ticket Services Rep, Premium Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Fun and action packed job with long hours and many responsibilities.
Gained and developed many relationships withing all departmental heads.

Responsible for coordinating the printing and shipping of all group sales orders
Responsible for managing all luxury suites and premium area inventory, reserving/ booking suites for ownership/high end clientele.
Pay down receivables, create invoices.
Distribute leads to sales managers, manage bonus/ commission reports.
Manage the schedules of intern class, train and supervise part time staff in Outlook, CRM, and ProVenue programs throughout the season and fulfill game day duties.
Pros
MLB benefits
Cons
Long hours, weekends, holidays worked
Hardworking People
Ticket Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 8, 2017
Working for a professional sports team has always been a dream of mine. Although it was only an internship I marveled at having access to the ballpark and all of the back-end information. I saw the ins and outs of how seats get filled in a stadium and all the work that goes into putting together packages and promotions.

First hand experience with fans was unforgettable as their passion for the Mets truly showed.
Pros
Free food during games
Crazy but sometimes fun.
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 16, 2017
Very little hours a week, unless you get along well with the Supervisors. Crazy annoying loud fans, okay if you're a Mets fan. Giving out promotional items and making sure fans have a great first impression as they enter the stadium.
fun workplace, but rough management
CIti Perk Patrol (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 4, 2017
No communication with management
You could be there all day with no overtime pay
Staff is friendly and helpful
Fast-paced environment, you have to be ready to go after each inning
Start up spot
Game Day Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 28, 2016
Great start up spot for an account executive who wants to get there work in to be the best. I was in the field and worked with my supervisor everyday to get the job done for the company.
Great environment
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 5, 2016
As a member of the Citi Perks Patrol I enjoyed my work because I was always working with fans to give them the best experience possible. I learned about customer satisfaction.
Fun place to work
Fan Fest Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 17, 2016
Fun environment in Fan Fest. Everyone is very friendly and makes the job fun. Flexible work hours. Nice to interact with fans of all ages
fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
friendly good pay the environment is wonderful you are never left alone if you need help there are supervisors all around
Pros
free lunch decent breaks
It was cool
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2016
just a lot of work but then again cool, the people working there was friendly , but the bosses never said much only to each other and managers.
Pros
food
Cons
people that's rude
Fast pace and exciting environment
Manager, Ticket Fulfillment & Services (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 18, 2013
The New York Mets has been a great place to work. The hours are long but in the end it's a great experience. Great colleagues and culture in the office.
Pros
It's MLB Baseball!
Cons
Extremely long hours
Learn allot but nothing else
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 25, 2013
I learned a great deal from this place however received nothing else. Management is not fair and everyone is in it for themselves. No protection for the employees no work life balance.
Lively and Fun Workplace
Game Day Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 8, 2015
I have been with the NY Mets for 4 seasons now and love every minute of it! I have been included in the production and entertainment aspects of each game and have learned a lot. My team is incredible and I always enjoy spending time with them in the work place.
Pros
Free meals, great teamwork
Cons
Can be long hours
Productive and challenging work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 23, 2012
The front office organization was structured on a family based environment. The daily work environment consisted of a fast paced and multi-tasking company. I enjoyed the many areas of concern which were my daily assignments. Some days seemed to go by fairly quickly due to the high volume of work. This was a definite plus in my book.
benefits
Cons
no afternoon interval breaks
Great place to work. Family environment.
Tour Guide, Citi Field Tours (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Love working for the New York Mets. Great people, great fans and great management. I work on giving guests tours of the clubhouse, field and dugout during client events and provide fan assistance during games.
Pros
Positive environment, fun place to work.
Cons
Looking to advance but opportunity not there.
Professional organization with high upside
Baseball Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Professional organization with high upside - great communication and ability to manage MLB team and all of the minor league affiliates efficiently.
Working in a baseball stadium is great but hours can get rough
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
For the most part coworkers on the Sales floor are all about the fans. It was fun to see baseball games all of the time but be prepared to work a lot. It's a great experience if you are ready to commit yourself to a career in sports.
Great work atmosphere with knowledgeable staff
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 12, 2013
A typical day as an Intern for the New York Mets consisted of carrying out a variation of different responsibilities and projects, including preparation for the 2013 All-Star Game at Citi Field, editing the 2013 Yearbook and Magazine set and managing the Mets Fan Club for Kids. Throughout the six months that I spent working on these projects with the Mets, I was able to refine my communication and editing skills, while broadening my marketing abilities through preparation of and participation in game day events. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability that I was given to allow for my passion of baseball to shine through in the planning and carrying out of important events that played a great role in assisting brand growth and awareness. The hardest part of the Internship was leaving my talented and knowledgeable coworkers, who helped develop my growth from day one.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, hands-on experience
My Summer in Queens
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Citi FieldJune 10, 2014
I currently work part-time as a Guest Services Supervisor for the NY Mets. I really enjoy going to work and working with the staff and look forward to meeting different people every day. I've learned a lot about customer service in the short time I have been there, from making sure the customer is happy and going out of your way to get them taken care of. I enjoy talking and helping people and can't say that there is anything that I deal with has been hard for me. Being in the Marine Corps Infantry, I'm able to multitask and have a lot on my plate at all times,
Pros
Workplace environment
Cons
Distance to work
A Great place to work
Temporary Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2014
Its family friendly learning environment, the management is great
Productive company
TIXX- Sales Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Great work environment, able to attend events, and management was very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Mets. Our community is ready to answer.