New York Mets

New York Mets Employer Reviews

Great experience from some of the best professional's in the industry
Ticket Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Flushing, NYOctober 28, 2014
Great work environment, everybody in the office is awesome to work with. Days were long when no one was calling but had other things to do for the day such as making outbound calls.
My Summer in Queens
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Citi FieldJune 10, 2014
Pros: workplace environment
Cons: distance to work
I currently work part-time as a Guest Services Supervisor for the NY Mets. I really enjoy going to work and working with the staff and look forward to meeting different people every day. I've learned a lot about customer service in the short time I have been there, from making sure the customer is happy and going out of your way to get them taken care – more... of. I enjoy talking and helping people and can't say that there is anything that I deal with has been hard for me. Being in the Marine Corps Infantry, I'm able to multitask and have a lot on my plate at all times, – less
Professional baseball
Minor League Baseball Player (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 29, 2014
It was a dream come true to play minor league baseball. I wish I could have continued, but my body was not up to the task. I enjoyed being a part of different teams for years.
Being a minor league baseball player was a valuable experience.
Infielder (Former Employee), Florida, Georgia, New YorkApril 26, 2014
While not as glamorous as the general public believes, playing in the minor leagues is very fun. The pay is not very good, at all, and there are major drawbacks, such as long uncomfortable bus trips.
Fast pace and exciting environment
Manager, Ticket Fulfillment & Services (Current Employee), Flushing, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: it's mlb baseball!
Cons: extremely long hours
The New York Mets has been a great place to work. The hours are long but in the end it's a great experience. Great colleagues and culture in the office.
Working in a baseball stadium is great but hours can get rough
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
For the most part coworkers on the Sales floor are all about the fans. It was fun to see baseball games all of the time but be prepared to work a lot. It's a great experience if you are ready to commit yourself to a career in sports.
Hard working place
Ticket Sales Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, get to work in sports, nice coworkers
Cons: low pay
As a sales rep it was an intense job. Always having to make phone calls and get to the next sale. Coworkers are good and easy to get along with and help get through the day. Some bosses are good others not as helpful.
Great place to work. Family environment.
Tour Guide, Citi Field Tours (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Pros: positive environment, fun place to work.
Cons: looking to advance but opportunity not there.
Love working for the New York Mets. Great people, great fans and great management. I work on giving guests tours of the clubhouse, field and dugout during client events and provide fan assistance during games.
Great work atmosphere with knowledgeable staff
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 12, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, hands-on experience
A typical day as an Intern for the New York Mets consisted of carrying out a variation of different responsibilities and projects, including preparation for the 2013 All-Star Game at Citi Field, editing the 2013 Yearbook and Magazine set and managing the Mets Fan Club for Kids. Throughout the six months that I spent working on these projects with the – more... Mets, I was able to refine my communication and editing skills, while broadening my marketing abilities through preparation of and participation in game day events. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability that I was given to allow for my passion of baseball to shine through in the planning and carrying out of important events that played a great role in assisting brand growth and awareness. The hardest part of the Internship was leaving my talented and knowledgeable coworkers, who helped develop my growth from day one. – less
Great organization with employees that get along with one another.
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Flushing, New YorkMay 31, 2013
Pros: great break room and beautiful offices located in the stadium.
Everyone in the organization was very friendly and easy to get along with. There is great communication between all departments and everyone is willing to help each other.
Fun place to work, but limited opportunities to advance for some
Marketing/In-Game Entertainment (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2013
Great environment if you want to get your foot in the door in the sports world, only problem is it's hard to keep your foot in
Learn allot but nothing else
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 25, 2013
I learned a great deal from this place however received nothing else. Management is not fair and everyone is in it for themselves. No protection for the employees no work life balance.
Short but fun temporary job
Fan Assistant (Former Employee), Flushing, NYApril 2, 2012
I worked here in college as a temporary job. It was a great experience and a fun place to work. The Mets are my favorite MLB team and to work with them was a dream come true.
Amazing Place to work
Fan Experience (Current Employee), Flushing, NYMarch 10, 2012
I have nothing bad to say about this company. Everything is great about it. All departments are willing to assist each other.
Productive and challenging work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no afternoon interval breaks
The front office organization was structured on a family based environment. The daily work environment consisted of a fast paced and multi-tasking company. I enjoyed the many areas of concern which were my daily assignments. Some days seemed to go by fairly quickly due to the high volume of work. This was a definite plus in my book.

About New York Mets

This team from Queens has twice been crowned king of baseball. Sterling Mets owns and operates the New York Mets professional – Read more