New York Mets Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace - A Lot of Hours During Season
Marketing & Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 7, 2017
Working for the New York Mets is a great experience. The tools learned here are great for growing your career, especially in sports. During the season the hours are long, but the end does outweigh the time spent.
Interesting environment to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 18, 2017
The experience of working in a large popular metropolitan area sports facility can be an eye opener in many ways. Luckily the majority of employees and paying fans are solid people and a pleasure to be around.
Pros
Witnessing the events
Cons
Commuting and parking for the events, dealing with intox individuals
very good seasonal job
Alcohol Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 17, 2017
very good seasonal job. enjoyed the staff the fans and the stadium . very exciting experience, all of the coworkers were and are very helpful and friendly.
Pros
meals and outdoors
Cons
benefits part time
employment
Professional Athlete (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 24, 2017
The company is a great organization but needs to compensate their employees better. Opportunities should be equal. The fans are loyal to the team. A diverse team in a fast paced environment.
Hard working, competitive former athlete. Ready to work full time.
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 18, 2017
Hard working, competitive former athlete. Ready to work full time.
I had to put in many hours at the field repeating over and over again. I can do any work. Also, currently enrolled in night classes at Georgia Tech.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Fan Fest Member (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 13, 2017
A typical day is working the Kiddie Field and making sure guests have a memorable experience at Citi Field. We help at different sponsorship booths around the stadium to give away promotional items as well as provide games for fans to play during their time at the ballpark.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
A day with the mets
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 12, 2017
It was a lot of fun working there, however the pay was terrible because they felt it was a privilege to work for them. There also weren't many opportunities for advancement. However all of the people were great, it was an honor and a lot of fun to be a part of that team for so long.
jobs
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 17, 2017
my work experience has been good. I enjoyed my experience working with the New York Mets. I look forward to gaining more experience in the Sports Industry.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun postion
Party Patrol (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2017
This position is fast paced and you are always on the move around Citi Field looking for fans to select for on screen features, contests giveaways and helping fans when needed.
Crazy but sometimes fun.
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 16, 2017
Very little hours a week, unless you get along well with the Supervisors. Crazy annoying loud fans, okay if you're a Mets fan. Giving out promotional items and making sure fans have a great first impression as they enter the stadium.
Balance of fun and hard work.
Ticket Fulfillment Representative (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 12, 2017
It was a great atmosphere to work in. Everyone is so friendly and enjoyed showing up to work everyday. It was all team oriented, everyone worked together to succeed.
Hardworking People
Ticket Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 8, 2017
Working for a professional sports team has always been a dream of mine. Although it was only an internship I marveled at having access to the ballpark and all of the back-end information. I saw the ins and outs of how seats get filled in a stadium and all the work that goes into putting together packages and promotions.

First hand experience with fans was unforgettable as their passion for the Mets truly showed.
Pros
Free food during games
fun workplace, but rough management
CIti Perk Patrol (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 4, 2017
No communication with management
You could be there all day with no overtime pay
Staff is friendly and helpful
Fast-paced environment, you have to be ready to go after each inning
Fun Workplace
member of the Citi Perk Patrol (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
Working with the New York Mets is an absolute dream job since i am a long time Mets fan.
A typical day at work is setting up the t-shirt guns, rolling shirts, and most importantly being out in front of the crowd entertaining the fans.
The management is very hard working and make sure everything is going smoothly. They help out as much as they can because they want us to succeed.
My co-workers are the best people I have ever worked with. They are all energetic, upbeat and friendly which is a very important characteristic for this job.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy fans but I learned how to handle the situation properly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is entertaining the fans for the baseball game.
Pros
entertaining the crowd, being on the field.
Start up spot
Game Day Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 28, 2016
Great start up spot for an account executive who wants to get there work in to be the best. I was in the field and worked with my supervisor everyday to get the job done for the company.
Fun place to work
Fan Fest Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 17, 2016
Fun environment in Fan Fest. Everyone is very friendly and makes the job fun. Flexible work hours. Nice to interact with fans of all ages
Great environment
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 5, 2016
As a member of the Citi Perks Patrol I enjoyed my work because I was always working with fans to give them the best experience possible. I learned about customer satisfaction.
New York Mets
Ticket Services Rep, Premium Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Fun and action packed job with long hours and many responsibilities.
Gained and developed many relationships withing all departmental heads.

Responsible for coordinating the printing and shipping of all group sales orders
Responsible for managing all luxury suites and premium area inventory, reserving/ booking suites for ownership/high end clientele.
Pay down receivables, create invoices.
Distribute leads to sales managers, manage bonus/ commission reports.
Manage the schedules of intern class, train and supervise part time staff in Outlook, CRM, and ProVenue programs throughout the season and fulfill game day duties.
Pros
MLB benefits
Cons
Long hours, weekends, holidays worked
fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
friendly good pay the environment is wonderful you are never left alone if you need help there are supervisors all around
Pros
free lunch decent breaks
It was cool
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2016
just a lot of work but then again cool, the people working there was friendly , but the bosses never said much only to each other and managers.
Pros
food
Cons
people that's rude