New York Oncology Hematology

New York Oncology Hematology United States Employee Reviews

Productive workplace for the Caring of Cancer Patient's
Research Data Coordinator II (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: poor management.
I loved this job because I would learned something new and it was different everyday. A typical day at work for me would be to first screen new patient charts to verify eligibility for possible participation in various clinical trials. I would then enter data on research subject's that recently had a clinic or treatment visit. I would also prepare and ship lab kits (local and international), as required per protocol, to various Central Laboratories for testing. Additionally, I would obtain and upload imaging exams, using various imaging programs, to send to various Central Radiology centers, for central review. Organizing and prioritizing were curcial in this position to ensure tasks were completed in a timely and accurate manner. My co-workers were wonderful. Everyone worked together as a team to offer the best care to the patients and their families. Unfortunatley, management was not good. Managers seemed to interpret policies and procedures differently. There also seemed to be "protected employees", meaning certain employess could break policies and do as they pleased without reprimand. I've seen employees go to management with certain issues and concerns only to be ignored completely.
POL specializing in Hematology and Oncology
Medical Technologist Senior (Former Employee), Latham, NYSeptember 8, 2013
POL specializing in Hematology and Oncology with various locations.
Wonderful Establishement
PET/CT Technologist (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 3, 2013
USOncology is the corporate head of New York Oncology Hematology and both organizations are very focused on the patients and the staff. They truly care about each patient and strive to make their cancer care journey the best it can possibly be.
Good job. Low pay
Clerical (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: nice easy going bosses. patients.
Cons: pay. not enough staff.
Good workplace. Friendly co workers. Pay is low and not enough staff.
Review
Medical Records Tech (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers, supervisiors, friendly patients
Cons: short breaks, pay
Typical day, fast paced, get work done in a timely manor. I learn new medical terminology everyday, our supervisors at this site are excellent. I get along with my co workers, they bring more joy to the job. Hardest part of my job is reading about patients who are slowly slipping away, but there are joys, some patients are just so thankful and beyond kind.
Fufilling place to work
Financial counselor (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYDecember 11, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I know that I am making a difference in out cancer patients lives.