New York Palace Hotel Employee Reviews

Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good place to start if you dont have experience in accounting
Cons: change of management is often
Its a place very busy with banquets and guest request of financial information. I learn a lot in the accounting department. Most of my co workers been there a long time. But management changed a lot in the few years I was there. I did enjoyed the Christmas Party and the office party. I liked when it was someones birthday and in the morning we sang happy birthday.
Temping for the Hotel for 6 weeks
Accounts Receivable/ Income Audit (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: easy commute
Cons: a temp for only 6 weeks
I worked with a great accounting department which was challenging at first, however with the help of my coworkers it was a great experience.
Great place to work, competent staff.
Accounting Night Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2013
New York Palace Hotel is one of the premier hotels in New York City. I worked as the Accounting Night Manager from 1998 to September 2001. The hotel staff is one the best in New York City and they are very proud to work in that hotel. I was laid off on September 2001 due to 9/11 when hotel vacancy plummeted.
Front Office/Housekeeping Training Manager
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: helping employees to make their job easier
Cons: work life balance did not exist
Front Office: In charge of day to day operations with a staff of 20 plus per shift. Involved in payroll, scheduling and daily team meeting with staff. Evaluate and conduct training. Providing seamless Guest Service.

Housekeeping: Working with the Supervisory team to identify training issues. I was responsible for developing a training manual for the department. To work with the Supervisors and employees to improve work flow and development of new cleaning techinques.
I also worked with Human Resources to conduct Hotel wide training for new employees and present.
Great job
Steward and part time Room Service Waiter (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2012
Pros: employee cateteria is available
Cons: no room for growth
Overall the Job was good ..just didn't feel like there was room for growth..the ability to serve a more important role neevr seems to come along..other than that overall good job..pay rate is satisfactory