New York Post

New York Post Employer Reviews

It was a learning and productive experiance
News Room Assistant/ Copy Person (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free newspaper, lunch
Cons: no break time allowed
Learn all techni of office work met very interesting people
hours were great just enjoyed my job in general
productive
Mailer (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free paper
Cons: some co-workers
i watch the machines to make sure they do not break or some nights ill be placing the coupons in the machine to go into the paper
Excellent Management
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 15, 2013
Pros: casual dress. close to home
Cons: newspaper industry is dieing due to internet
Relaxed and often challenging environment.
I trained in record keeping and ADP Payroll data entry as well as learning Union crafts pay rates.
Manager's are supportive and friendly
Co-workers are friendly
Learning to track time lost due to workers comp/disiability and vacation used was the hardest but I mastered it.
Most enjoyable part of the job is reading the news first hand, just printed and watching the presses run.
The nation's oldest continuously-published daily newspaper
Producer/reporter (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2013
The New York Post is one of the country's oldest newspapers, and it covers the NYC metro area, as well as stories of national and international importance.
Solid Organization
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2013
A fun product to sell and a lot of great people to work with. There is a lot of growth potential with the company's website, applications and the ability for people to advance.
Tech savvy and nice place with lots of windows
Digital Designer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2013
Pros: gym at the office, good healthcare, nice people
Cons: small teams, not as organized as preferred
I can't say enough good things about the group of people I work with. Everyone is very nice and willing to help out at any moment. Work is interesting, and pretty consistent. The hardest part is communicating with teams outside my own and having a good open conversation. The most enjoyable part is producing a great product.
Great for if your looking for something else
Editorial Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2012
•Part-time
•$8/hr
•Working with the editors is the hardest part because a lot of them are very cut-throat. However, they do leave you learning something new every time. Plus they are under a lot of stress so I'm never surprised.
•The best part is the flexible hours and the chance to do full-time hours. I may not be working complete full time but it's nice when the extra money is available.
NICE ,RESPECTFUL WORK PLACE
CUSTOMER SERVCICE (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2012
Pros: incentives, breaks, lunchbreaks etc
LOVELY JOB ,LOVELY WORK PLACE . I LOVED TO COME TO A JOB WHERE PEOPLE RESPECT YOU AS A AGENT ,IN THIS JOB IT WAS NICE AVERAGE PLACE NOT TO BIG NOT TO SMALL BUT GOOD ENOUGH TO WORK AND BE STABLE . I HAVE LEARNED ALOT AND GAIN TO BE BETTER AT WAT I DO AND HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE ON THE PHONE AND IN PERSON .THE COWORKER AND SUPERVISOR AND MANEGEMENT WERE ALL GOOD RESPECTFUL SERIOUS PERSON I HAVE EVER MET IN A WHILE. THE HARDEST PART FOR ME WAS WHEN THE WHOLE CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY WAS RELOCATING TO ARIZONA THAT RIGHT THERE MADE ME UPSET CUZ WHERE ELSE WILL I FIND A GROUP OF INDIVIDUAL WITH RESPECT WITH QUALITY AND SUCH A STRONG GROUP OF PEOPLE WE BECAME TO BE AS A COMPANY ..I TRUELY LOVED THAT JOB
Early Schedule but great workplace
Return Room Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2012
During my time at the New York Post I worked as a return room manager, which works closely with the accounting department in applying the proper credit to the different venders though out NYC. A typical day would begin at 6 A.M. and conclude at 2 P.M. During that time there was much work to be done as the newspaper industry is a very fast paced work environment.
Purchasing Department
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2012
On a typical day, in the morning review Maximo requisitions, call vendors to place orders for all different departments such as office supplies, materials for the engineering department. Order items needed for the storeroom. I review invoices for accuracy, sent to my supervisor for signature process thru the computer and file them. Review differents reports such as Newsprint Consumption, Requisition and Purchase Orders.

From this job I have learned to work as a team. To work on different tasks at the sametime. I can work under pressure.

The hardest part of my job is Purchase Orders. My requestor normally create a purchase requisition and they don't really type enough details for me to place their orders. The hardest part it's really going back to them all time to make sure that I can place the right order for them.

The most enjoyable part of my job it is when my co-workers and supervisors come to me with a happy face making feel that I know job.
Great social environment but...
Web Developer / Online Production (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2012
Pros: healthcare, dental, 401k
Cons: vacation, holidays, job advancement
A typical day on the job is usually 9-5pm for those of us on the day shift. Overtime is not an option for my field, although I am occasionally expected to work at midnight without compensation. Working at the New York Post is great for an entry-level position, but I can't say it is ready for mid-senior level professionals.

I can say that I've learned a few things to better my career and to look out for things I don't care for when I decide to move on.

Healthcare, dental and 401k are great and I'm happy with the benefits, but salary-wise and job advancement are quite dismal.

Management is typically all over the place. Not many departments know what the others are doing therefore leading themselves into a mess that could be avoided with better team leaders. There is a lot of talent and experience from the employees, but it is not utilized to the companies benefit.

The best part about the company are the people you work with. Everyone is energetic and wanting to better the company in the best way they can.

My favorite part about working at the New York Post are my colleagues. They are a socially entertaining group with unlimited talents.
Reporting Department Analyst
Hawking Analyst (Former Employee), New York , NYMarch 6, 2012
The New York Post was the best paying, and learning experience job i have had in my life. i seriously regret the day i was terminated from my position. I have learned so much and was giving so much responsibility it made me the fast learning hard worker i am today...Thanx alot