New York Power Authority

New York Power Authority Employer Reviews

Work
VIDEO CONFERENCE ENGINEER CONSULTANT (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2014
Typical place to work at. Few enjoyable people to work with.
great people to work for
sr electrical designer (Former Employee), white plains nyJanuary 5, 2014
work was relaxed
learned much from other engineers
management cared about employees with quarterly meetings
co workers were fun people to work with
getting job done on time
the great people there
Excellent
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 4, 2013
New York Power Authority is an amazing environment to work in. I learned all basic HR Administrative Assistant skills and more. Every day was a learning experience. It was fully hands on.
NYPA
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2013
Pros: learning about the debt side.
Cons: no advancement.
Cash and Debt Management.

Learned debt analysis and funding through bond issues.

Job was good and I learned to apply my banking knowledge at the corporate level.

Didn't see a great opportunity for advancement and left to return to banking.
Nice diverse environment
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 28, 2012
You come to work, possibly make long time friends, Management can at times, but not in all situations, learn the benefits of positive feedback. Although the company is diversified there are obviouse splits.
Great Company
Procurement/Purchasing Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), queensDecember 12, 2012
company is great to there employees and training for new software. managers are humble and nice
Not everyone gets to work at nuclear plant
Procedure Clerk/Secretary To Manager (Former Employee), Lycoming, NYOctober 17, 2012
Pros: excellent pay & benefits
Cons: long hours when plant was shut-down
I enjoyed my days working at the James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant, New York Power Authority. A typical day could be a 12 hour day when the plant was on shut-down. My manager in the Instrument & Control Dept. was fair, honest and hard working. We as a department worked well together and as a team. The hardest part of the day was getting all the – more... procedural changes, revisions out in a timely manner per the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. I enjoyed doing procedures and working with computers. I learned a lot about working at a nuclear plant and all its regulations. – less
Great Place to Work, BUT
1 (Current Employee), NY, NYSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of management
Nice place to work, but Management couldn't care less about anything but making money.
productive and cool workplace
SharePoint Admin (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 1, 2012
It's nice being a part of SharePoint team at New York Power Authority. working hand in hand with developers and architects for migrating from 2007 to 2010 version of SharePoint.

About New York Power Authority

The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the nation’s largest state power organization, operating 17 generating facilities – Read more