New York Presbyterian

New York Presbyterian Employer Reviews

A wonderful institution with high energy working community
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
The Community Pediatrics center at Columbia Hospital Medical Center is highly motivated. Among the physicians, research assistants and program coordinators, there is great collaboration.
Fast paced environment
OB Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), New York, N.Y. 10034May 16, 2014
A typical day at work comprises prioritizing tasks that are routine and that may happen spontaneously.
Excellent upward mobility
Junior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, New YorkApril 22, 2014
Pros: great ease to communicate between departments.
Cons: confused directorship in radiology department
The department i was apart of had great staff and they worked together really well. One negative is the directorship of the administrative duties being very slick with how he approves payments that are due to his staff. Made executing payroll very confusing.
Great learning experience and it was a pleasure serving patients and seeing them get better.
Pharmacist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
As a staff pharmacist: manage a 183 bed hospital by verifying and dispensing medications to patients and prepare IV compounds. Performed technical and professional duties such as; consult with physicians and nurses with regard to medication dosage, drug interactions, patient allergies, medical equipment, disease management and potential side effects – more... of prescribed medications.
Dispense and compound IV medication, and maintain accurate patient records, dosing information, directions for use, logging and filing controlled substance and non-controlled substance medications. Fix discrepancy issues and technical issues with Omnicell on all floors of the hospital. Knowledge of Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy software. – less
Productive Workplace
Vascular Technologist (Per Diem) (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
It's a great place to work at. The staff is amazing and always there for their patients.
productive work place
Billing specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: enviroment is very positive
Cons: short breaks
I verifiy insurances for the cardiology department. I enjoy working with the staff as well.
average
Physician Assistant, Internal Medicine (Current Employee), Lower Manhattan hospitalDecember 17, 2013
the hospital has a lot of resources, but as a PA I often feel under-supported. When concerns about compensation/opportunities are brought to department seniors I feel that we are given answers to placate us but not real changes.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits, union, great manager
Cons: staffing issues
I learned how to really time manage and improve my nursing skills here. The staff was very welcoming and we all treated each other with respect and love. The most difficult part of the job was to see some of the sickest children in the country. The most enjoyable part of the job was when patients and families had so much gratitude for caring for them.
Great work expeirnece
Summer Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Westchester, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great staff.
Cons: boring nights
I worked with mostly adolescents (as I requested) and it was great. The staff was supportive and fun. Management was great and easy to approach. They were supportive and understanding. Overall, this was a great experience. However, I did work nights and that was a little boring.
Productive Professional Enviornment
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: enchance your knowledge and skills
As nurse, I felt it was a good organization. Great place to learn and grow.
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Staff Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2013
Pros: life insurance, discounted lunch, well known hospital
Cons: no breaks, no assentives
- Check on emails and telephones messages
- Learn about different exams and what is in search
- Co-workers - are always team players
- Hardest part is when a patient is notified they can not proceed with a transplant
- Most enjoyable is interacting with my peers
Productive and fun
Student Radiographer (senior year ) (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
People are very fun and focused.Focused on the patient .
When it comes to an exam they change gear from fun to focus
Great Hospital with Attentive Staff
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2013
Volunteering twice a week for four hours each day. The best part of my day is working with the children and the families and helping them to make their stay at the hospital a little easier. The hardest part is seeing the children in pain and knowing that there is nothing you can do to help make them heal faster! This experience has helped me understand – more... human resiliency as well as cope with disappointments and deal with the stages of tragedy the families face. – less
Diverse work force, excellent opportunity for advancement
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2013
I love my co-workers, and have the best PCD (patient care director) in the hospital. I hope to extend my employment at NYP, moving into a position with my new credentials.
Very friendly, dedicated staff!
Travel Staff Float Nurse (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2013
Currently, I am on a travel assignment at New York Presbyterian. Floating to med/surg units and stepdown units has given me a wonderful opportunity to experience different parts of this hospital. One constant on every unit is the willingness of employees to help each other to provide safe and effective care to patients/families. During my first week, – more... I was sitting in the lobby eating my lunch and three employees I did not know came up, introduced themselves and sat with me. NYP has an ideal work environment. – less
great hospital
Pediatric ER nurse (Former Employee), Washington heightsJune 12, 2013
I loved the work but the working enironment was very hostile.
Busy work day with so much to learn
Ultrasound Technologist Extern (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 25, 2013
Prepared patients for examinations. Reviewed patient medical histories. Collaborated with physicians about pathology and necessary treatment or more tests. Performed detailed studies on in-patients, outpatients, pediatric patients, and emergency department patients. Learned vascular studies while being here. Multiple studies were performed during a – more... routine work day (Abdomen, Small Parts (Thyroid and Testis), Vascular (Lower and Upper Extremities and Carotid Artery Doppler), Gynecological and First Trimester Obstetric Ultrasound Studies, Neonatal Abdomen and Head , and Arterial PVR). – less
Amazing facility
Registered Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2013
Pros: dynamic hospital
Cons: not new grad friendly for advancement
I have witnessed miracles here on numerous occasions. I have taken care of patients that were released by other medical facilities due to lack of their knowledge and.or equipment to care for a patient. We saved those patients at my hospital due to equipment such as ECMO and CVVHD.
The people are so great here!
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great people, management is awesome and respectful.
Cons: everyone wants to work there so it takes months for your resume to be viewed!
I loved working here! The people are so nice and everyone works together to make things happen. You become a family and even spend time together after work and on weekends. They have an open door policy and respect you and what you bring to the table. Awesome place to work!
The best of the best
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
The fact that NYP is rated number 1 hospital in New York says everything. One of the greatest intern experiences I have ever had.