New York Presbyterian

New York Presbyterian Employer Reviews

Vascular Access Unit, Loved it!
Student Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I was mentored at NYP/Weill Cornell which made me realize that NYP is the greatest set of hospitals in NYC. They treat their staff like family that collectively works together for the greater good of their patients. I would appreciate an opportunity to join the NYP family.
Complacent staff
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bronxville, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: no lunches
Cons: no lunches
Lawrence Hospital/New York Presbyterian

Not a very nice place to work. Poor work ethic from many care partners. No accountability.

Overload nursing staff.

Poor balance/ The atmosphere that exists does not promote working together. Patient's should be first.

It needs a lot of help.
A place where your always learmimg
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: learning new techniques
Cons: long ride to work
A typical day at NYP is one of learning new state of the art techniques. With helpful and encouraging coworkers that support and teach one another.

The hardest part of my day is my ride to work that is an hour and a half long on the train. On the bright side seeing my patient wake up better after surgery is rewarding.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Great management of volunteers. Volunteer office was very easy to work with, especially when it came to coordinating times.
Working in the healthcare industry can be very rewarding. When you work directly with the patients you can actually see and hear the rewards.
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 30, 2014
Pros: we get the day after thanksgiving off ever year. in addition, the hopistal gives us a peice of clothing to wear with the nyp logo once a year.
Cons: this company is very strict about latness, after three latnesses you are cautioned.
When I start my day at work, I first review all the important accounts and e-mails that need to be addressed promptly. Then I go on to organize from the most important, to the least important claims. I learned how to communicate with a multidisciplinary team. There are times when I have to work with nurses, Doctors, and management to resolve an Issue with a medical claim. Management is awesome, they really care about their employees and push us to be better employees. The hardest part of the job is meeting my quota. Every day I have to complete 55 accounts,and there are no exceptions. This can be tedious, because sometimes you can spend a half an hour on one claim depending on the severity of the claim. Some medical claims require phone calls, corrections, adjustments, and appeals. The most enjoyable part of this company is working with highly motivated individuals. Also, when a claim is paid correctly it is a gratifying feeling to know your job has been done well.
Productive Close knit team
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Staff Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no bonus
A typical day at work will be clocking in, checking emails and organizing what is priority for the day. I've learned that not everyone works like me. And there is always room to except and learn from others. The hardest part is getting notification of an expired patient. The most enjoyable part is when a patient finally gets transplanted and seeing the joy in them and their family.
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Great place to work at, good staff and coworkers.
Prestigeous employer
We have all sorts of magazines and TV for our patients
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: we work as a team
I am proud to be a New York Presbyterian Hospital Employee. Here we work as one big Team, and always put our Patients First.
Fun
Dental Assisting and Receptionists (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Taking patient medical history and vital signs
Mixing dental materials
Passing instruments and suctioning
Pouring Laboratory models
Taking and Developing Dental X-rays
Sterilization of instruments
Performing instrument set-ups
Showing patients how to brush/floss
Basic Dental Computer Skills
Insurance Verification
Scheduling
Data entry
Great educational hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
NYP is New York's #1 hospital. It provided me with an invaluable 4 years of RN experience.
Emergency Room Tech
Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Obtaining 12 lead electrocardiograms
Performing venipuncture for blood collections
Performing vision and hearing test
Performing finger stick glucose testing, Naso-pharyngeal suctioning, skin care and post mortem care
Providing one to one monitoring
Assisting in applying patient restraints
Experience with adults/youths conflict resolution in a residential environment
Experience working with homeless, patients that abuse substances, have mental illnesses, and are HIV positive
Assisting clinical personnel with cardiac arrest, stroke, and trauma patients
Fast paced company
Family nurse practitioner (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
assessments and treatments of pre and post surgical patients on short surgical stay unit , following up with pre and post testing needed , clincial management,
Good Benefit
Information Specialist (Virtualization) (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good benefit
Cons: culture
•Review project and resource allocation for all project needed
•managing team resource task
•very good chemistry among co-worker
•opportunity and exposure to both hands-on and management
good job
Security specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
Great place to work if you like interacting with the public and helping others
A wonderful institution with high energy working community
Research Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
The Community Pediatrics center at Columbia Hospital Medical Center is highly motivated. Among the physicians, research assistants and program coordinators, there is great collaboration.
Fast paced environment
OB Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), New York, N.Y. 10034May 16, 2014
A typical day at work comprises prioritizing tasks that are routine and that may happen spontaneously.
Productive and Educative
Chemo Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient and Clinic (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: commuting
NY Presbyterian Hospital gives you the chance to be part of a great team of professionals and by the wide range of departments and units can be very educative and productive
the hardest part of the job might be the commuting, and the most enjoyable part would be the fact that is a health care facility and to know we are there for the patients
Excellent upward mobility
Junior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, New YorkApril 22, 2014
Pros: great ease to communicate between departments.
Cons: confused directorship in radiology department
The department i was apart of had great staff and they worked together really well. One negative is the directorship of the administrative duties being very slick with how he approves payments that are due to his staff. Made executing payroll very confusing.
Great learning experience and it was a pleasure serving patients and seeing them get better.
Pharmacist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
As a staff pharmacist: manage a 183 bed hospital by verifying and dispensing medications to patients and prepare IV compounds. Performed technical and professional duties such as; consult with physicians and nurses with regard to medication dosage, drug interactions, patient allergies, medical equipment, disease management and potential side effects of prescribed medications.
Dispense and compound IV medication, and maintain accurate patient records, dosing information, directions for use, logging and filing controlled substance and non-controlled substance medications. Fix discrepancy issues and technical issues with Omnicell on all floors of the hospital. Knowledge of Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy software.
Productive Workplace
Vascular Technologist (Per Diem) (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
It's a great place to work at. The staff is amazing and always there for their patients.

1 2 3