New York Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Staff Pharmacist - Rotating Shift (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
New York Presbyterian is an excellent place to work. They innovators in the field of healthcare and strive to optimize each patient's medial care, as well as, experience.
productive and fun work place.
housekeeper (Former Employee), 622 w.168th streetJune 4, 2015
good place to work but a bad atmosphere when dealing with co-workers. very local. a fun and great place to work. little to no room to move up. management was not great at all. hardest part of the job was dealing with the co workers. most enjoyable was meeting new people and the diversity the job provided.
productive and fun work place
Patient Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
working in the company was a amazing opportunity because you was able to grow as a person and they were willing to do what ever it taked to get you there.
great place to work not enough room to grow
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: job sercurity
Cons: not a lot of room to grow
due to people staying in their present jobs it not a lot of room for other to move ahead in the telecommunacation dept. i would like to move on become an program analyst but there is no open position due to people that are analyst have no where to move forward
Fun and Productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Great environment. Fun and upbeat co workers. I learned alot about how to care for people, and also what its like to be in such a fast pace work place.
Productive fun place to work at.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and room for growth.
Cons: Management sometimes seems bit clueless and some have managed to be rather persnickety.
There is a reason they are consistently rated number one in ?NY and on top top 10 in the nation. NYP successfully created a great structure where an employee does not feel like it is a dead end job, hard work and dedication is always rewarded.
i have fun working with such great people
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), White Plains, NYApril 30, 2015
its very busy working with all kinds or persons. my day goes by very fast. i learn about people behaviors everyday and my co-workers are excellent. the hardest thing about my job is dealing with the small children.
Great Company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
Amazing things are happening here. You definitely feel welcome and secured. I would refer this company to others. Many different departments to choose to work in. You are able to advance your career here as well. The hospital holds a good record against other hospitals.
Great Place to work!
Executve Assisant Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Wonderful and friendly, helpful team of people overall. Open to new ideas.. Important... most important.. Great communication accross the board.
Vascular Access Unit, Loved it!
Student Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
I was mentored at NYP/Weill Cornell which made me realize that NYP is the greatest set of hospitals in NYC. They treat their staff like family that collectively works together for the greater good of their patients. I would appreciate an opportunity to join the NYP family.
Complacent staff
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bronxville, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: no lunches
Cons: no lunches
Lawrence Hospital/New York Presbyterian

Not a very nice place to work. Poor work ethic from many care partners. No accountability.

Overload nursing staff.

Poor balance/ The atmosphere that exists does not promote working together. Patient's should be first.

It needs a lot of help.
A place where your always learmimg
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: learning new techniques
Cons: long ride to work
A typical day at NYP is one of learning new state of the art techniques. With helpful and encouraging coworkers that support and teach one another.

The hardest part of my day is my ride to work that is an hour and a half long on the train. On the bright side seeing my patient wake up better after surgery is rewarding.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Great management of volunteers. Volunteer office was very easy to work with, especially when it came to coordinating times.
Working in the healthcare industry can be very rewarding. When you work directly with the patients you can actually see and hear the rewards.
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 30, 2014
Pros: we get the day after thanksgiving off ever year. in addition, the hopistal gives us a peice of clothing to wear with the nyp logo once a year.
Cons: this company is very strict about latness, after three latnesses you are cautioned.
When I start my day at work, I first review all the important accounts and e-mails that need to be addressed promptly. Then I go on to organize from the most important, to the least important claims. I learned how to communicate with a multidisciplinary team. There are times when I have to work with nurses, Doctors, and management to resolve an Issue with a medical claim. Management is awesome, they really care about their employees and push us to be better employees. The hardest part of the job is meeting my quota. Every day I have to complete 55 accounts,and there are no exceptions. This can be tedious, because sometimes you can spend a half an hour on one claim depending on the severity of the claim. Some medical claims require phone calls, corrections, adjustments, and appeals. The most enjoyable part of this company is working with highly motivated individuals. Also, when a claim is paid correctly it is a gratifying feeling to know your job has been done well.
Productive Close knit team
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Staff Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no bonus
A typical day at work will be clocking in, checking emails and organizing what is priority for the day. I've learned that not everyone works like me. And there is always room to except and learn from others. The hardest part is getting notification of an expired patient. The most enjoyable part is when a patient finally gets transplanted and seeing the joy in them and their family.
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Great place to work at, good staff and coworkers.
Prestigeous employer
We have all sorts of magazines and TV for our patients
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: we work as a team
I am proud to be a New York Presbyterian Hospital Employee. Here we work as one big Team, and always put our Patients First.
Fun
Dental Assisting and Receptionists (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Taking patient medical history and vital signs
Mixing dental materials
Passing instruments and suctioning
Pouring Laboratory models
Taking and Developing Dental X-rays
Sterilization of instruments
Performing instrument set-ups
Showing patients how to brush/floss
Basic Dental Computer Skills
Insurance Verification
Scheduling
Data entry
Great educational hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
NYP is New York's #1 hospital. It provided me with an invaluable 4 years of RN experience.
Emergency Room Tech
Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Obtaining 12 lead electrocardiograms
Performing venipuncture for blood collections
Performing vision and hearing test
Performing finger stick glucose testing, Naso-pharyngeal suctioning, skin care and post mortem care
Providing one to one monitoring
Assisting in applying patient restraints
Experience with adults/youths conflict resolution in a residential environment
Experience working with homeless, patients that abuse substances, have mental illnesses, and are HIV positive
Assisting clinical personnel with cardiac arrest, stroke, and trauma patients