Position Title: New York State Agricultural Mediation Program Statewide Director
Company Name: New York State Dispute Resolution Association, Inc.
Location: Albany, NY
Posted: May 2, 2013
Expiration: May 31, 2013
New York State Agricultural Mediation Program (NYSAMP) is a vibrant statewide mediation service dedicated to providing access to free and low cost alternative dispute resolution services to farmers and agribusiness. NYSAMP is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, program development and communications skills to direct and advance the program. Interested applicants must have 1) personal or professional experience, or other strong links, with the agricultural community and/or 2) experience implementing or overseeing dispute resolution programming. Supervisory experience, training experience, and knowledge of the Community Dispute Resolution Centers (CDRCs) is desirable.
Job responsibilities will fall under two main categories: program administration and development, and outreach. These responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Program administration and development
- Oversee case management
- Train and maintain a roster of agricultural mediators
- Produce quarterly reports and information as needed relating to program case analysis, training and finances
- Review and revise marketing materials and operational procedures
- In coordination with Executive Director, research and pursue other sources of funding to expand program’s ability to respond to other agricultural issues.
- Provide support and train CDRC staff to increase the capacity and effectiveness of local level outreach
- Supervise NYSAMP Program Manager
- Build partnerships with agencies providing service to agricultural producers
- Produce press releases, brochures, annual reports, and other materials
- Meet with elected officials and other key governmental officials
- Conduct speaking engagements and workshops at conferences and meetings
This is a salaried position with a hiring range of $45K to $50K, and is dependent on contractual funding from the USDA. Job responsibilities may be changed to meet the needs of the program.
NYSAMP is headquartered in Albany, New York and is a program of the New York State Dispute Resolution Association (NYSDRA), the leading membership association in New York for alternative dispute resolution professionals
For more information about NYSAMP please visit: www.nysamp.com
For more information about NYSDRA please visit: www.nysdra.org
For more information about the CDRCs please visit: http://www.nycourts.gov/ip/adr/cdrc.shtml
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013
All applications will be confidential.