New York State Office of Mental Health

New York State Office of Mental Health Employer Reviews

NY State office of mental health field office.
Survey Editor (On contract) (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: lots of paper work
A typical day at work was on paper review/editing.

• Review yearly New York State Mental Health Survey conducted in Albany
• Edit and flag out discrepancies
• phone contact to various mental health programs throughout the State of New York to report
discrepancies and ask for updated of all records for compliance according Make
NYS Mental Health
regulation.
 – more... Making sure that all documents are securely kept for reference purpose
• Answer phone calls to address questions regarding survey
• Attend to routine office paper work – less
Daily Functions
Safety/Security Officer (Former Employee), Marcy, NYMay 21, 2013
• Monitored inmates' daily activities, watching closely for unusual behavior, improper conduct, or signs of possible conflict.
• Performed periodic patrols of the entire correctional facility area to maintain order and prevent escapes.
• Searched cells, living quarters, visiting areas, recreational areas, and buildings for contraband or unapproved items.
 – more... Guarded inmates in penal institution in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures
• Supervised up to 20 inmates in a maximum-security facility maintaining 100% accountability.
• Patrols assigned areas for evidence of forbidden activities, infraction of rules, and unsatisfactory attitude or adjustment of prisoners. – less
Learning experience
CLINICAL RISK MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: no raises
Working her has been a great learning experience on a personal and professional level..
Very professional work environment
Data Quality Review Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2012
I enjoy my current position within the Office of Mental Health. My coworkers are professional and I find the work interesting. I feel challenged, which I enjoy, and feel that I learn something new every day.
I love this job
Case Manager (Current Employee), Far Rockaway, NYMarch 14, 2012
This is a great job. I have learned a lot in regards to client mental health needs. It has prepared me to be in a profession to help others with different emotional, social, and family needs.
Administrative Supervisor
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), Albany, NEw YorkMarch 9, 2012
At New York State Office of Mental Health is a very professional Establishment....I personaly managed a team of employee to do basic office duties when there where budget and claim's time line to be meet....OMH was an experiance I will never forget, the professional setting has trained me to a well rounded and straight to point person.