New York State

New York State Employer Reviews

Work environment is great. Opportunity to know new work skills is high.
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: company culture, awesome co-workers, good management.
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
A decent place to work if you just need a job.
Non Telephony Representative and CSR (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: very poor management
Answer 80-100 calls daily. Learned medical terminology, but management needs help with their interpersonal skills. Advancement is difficult if you are not apart of the "in crowd". I enjoy receiving a fluent paycheck.
Great Learning Environment
Disaster Assistance Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
This company along with the industry it covers allows one to learn the unthinkable. Becoming a DAR, Project Specialist entailed learning more about the intricate details of Emergency Management, but also Client Relations under distress ongoing both personal and work life and real time circumstances.
Great Job
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Schenectady,NyDecember 2, 2014
Helping Those In Need With Daily Care, Performing Task In A Timely Fashion . Being Able To Assist Family Members With Issues , Directing To Head Nurse, Taking Vital Signs , Turning And Positioning Patients

I Enjoyed Working In This Facility Good Co Workers && Lots Of Team Work
great
Lynch is serving as a Project Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
Great group of people and very hard working and dedicated. Met many fine workers
Productive work enviorment.
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: contract ended.
*My typical day at work would be to punch in gather all the information needed to perform my job duties.

*I've learned working for the distribution center how to utilize warehouse machinery such as pallet jacks,etc. Recieving and shipping packages.

*Management was "GREAT" worked well with others, She was a true team leader.

*My co-workers were great, Never had any issues. I worked well with everyone.

* The hardest part of my job was to manage four vital areas in specific departments. I manage to complete and tackel all areas needed in a professional manner reaching all my goals and completing all obstacles.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was everything I enjoyed the challenge. The staff was great.
Very nice place
Assistant Supervisor/ Monitor (part-time) (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2014
It is nice to work for the exams, it gives me a chance to work on the weekends and work when I ahve time available
Interesting and different work without getting boring
Tax Examiner (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation time, interesting work
Typical days varied. I had to deal with all different personalities and situations. The people were very nice to work with. The hardest part was finding people who owed money and going places I hadn't been to before. The most enjoyable part was a nice office,good benifits
State Senator
State Senator Serphin Maltese (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 25, 2014
I learned how to communicate with the citizens of the district on what mattered most to them. I also traveled for political campaigns and was able to see the core issues that plague people in this country. I learned that we all have rights and we should exercise them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and environment.
Educated
Trainer (Former Employee), NY NYApril 22, 2014
Learning from entrepreneurial skills by becoming a trainer and tutor for various clients
I would like to work in a quite nice place.
Tax Auditor II (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: i believe that free lunch is good and will save time to both the corporation and the employee.
Cons: i do not agree with too many short breaks as it consume working time.
My Day starts at 8::45 AM till 5:00 PM. I review my emails, listen to phone call and starting working for the day based upon the prepared objective I discussed with my supervisor. All reports have to be submitted to supervisor on time. Dealing with co-workers in professional and tactful way to create good working environment. I believe there is no hard part in my job as long I organized my work professionally. I believe that I enjoy deal with the clients in professional way to gain their respect serve them with high efficiency.
Focused on Branch Awareness and New Accounts
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Growing a single account into an A account for the company was rewarding
Public Service oriented
Supervising Investigator (Former Employee), Central Islip, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: govermant service
Cons: less employees same amount of work
Once had a good job security but the economy has taken its toll. Lots of work not enough tools and equipment. Enjoyed doing this public service.
Best experience of my life
Park Employee (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: people, atmosphere, friendly
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, advancement
Meeting people from all over the world & being able to help them understand a culture I grew up around was one of the most memorable times in my life.
it was not a good place to be or work
General Maintenance (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYDecember 30, 2013
Pros: it was determand
Cons: i had no chioce
it thought me to be more grown up and I never want to work in that type of place ever again
Good work environment and educational
Food Service Worker / Cusodial Maintenance (Former Employee), Sonyea, NYDecember 6, 2013
Very educational it was basically what I made it .I wanted to learn and they were willing to take the time to teach me. I take all learning experiences with pride especially when someone gives there time to teach me.Every day I gave them 100% .The hardest part was having to deal with a negative work space but I always stayed positive .The best part was at the end of the day I got my job done and knew I gave it my all .
This place was crazy fun
New York State Corrections Officer (Former Employee), NYNovember 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: travel
The long drive and the long hours spent doing very little. I learned a lot about the many different cultures. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting there. The most enjoyable is the closeness of the officers.
An overview of working in a Restaurant
Restaurant Bartender & Server (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2013
Pros: cash daily, i was more often than not the recipient of prizes due to winning the sales contests
Cons: long hours on your feet, some shifts ended well after midnight
The beginning of each shift was busy in stocking materials needed for the remainder of the night, learning about any specials or outages. Learning about any selling contests for the evening.

I learned the my career goal at the time of becoming a restaurant manager was not what I really wanted.

Co-workers were, eclectic

The hardest part of the job was the disconnect from family during the holidays, as you usually had to work on or around.

The monies (tips) received daily
Wonderful Students, Great Support from colleagues
Science Teacher (Former Employee), Cross River, NYNovember 12, 2013
•Collaborated with science teachers for curriculum mapping, SMART goals, and exit tickets
•Integratednew material in an attention-grabbing and productive classroom environment
•Formulated and executed differentiated lessons for a multitude of learners
•Worked with students to create inquiry based experiments
•Utilized the scientific method in laboratory settings
•Offered extra help during free periods on top of allotted contractual time
•Participated in daily 8th grade team meetings
The place is relatively impersonal. There one thing sure, most of physician are employed either by a group or hospital.
Attending Anesthesiologist (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: steady income
Cons: high tax state
Cultural city the place is for young budding practice.. Working in New York is rapid face and hard with much intricacies with hospital management. Productivity if main concern