New York Stock Exchange Employee Reviews

They only care about the bottom line
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The company cut salaries across the company even though the company is at an all-time high and they are receiving a huge tax cut. Also, there was a mass layoff too. It is a very slow pace work environment.

The parent company ICE doesn't trust anyone. You have to swipe in and out of the office when ever you leave the building. They are constantly monitoring you.
Excellent
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York financial district Wall StreetJanuary 11, 2018
A wonderful work environment Exposed to many different levels of work experience. There were many perks with this job exposure to the daily excitement of new companies coming into the market.
Pros
meeting many different and intelligent people
Cons
I don't have any cons this was a great job
Times are changing
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
New company. New management team. Old culture is gone which can be both good and bad.
I enjoyed the people that I worked with as well as the interaction with clients. Met some amazing people.
Pros
Exciting business. Chance to work with quality product
Cons
Differentiation is disappearing. So it the culture.
Great Place To Work
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
The training programme offered by this company ensures that new hires are prepared when taking on assignments. The pace is quick and the companies listed represent an array of industries to guarantee appropriate work experience exposure.
Exciting place to work
Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
I loved working on the New York Stock Exchange. It was a very exciting place to work on the floor. The environment is very fast-paced and chaotic but I enjoy that.
Company Acquired
Director, Client Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
Company acquired and is now own and operated by the Intercontinental Exchange. Good place to work. Great brand. Opportunities for advancement . Culture now driven by ICE.
not at this point
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentNovember 15, 2016
not at this point I feel that it is irrelevant at this point to give any sort of feedback it was just not for me or my lifestyle
Interesting Company
IT Business Management & Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2016
I had fun at the NYSE, a very interesting company an always something going on there. All the way downtown though and hard to get to if you don't live in Manhattan
Work for yourself
Day Trader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2016
The reason why i day trade is for a supplemental income to help me raise capital to help grow my business. It is hard to learn at first but once you get a set strategy and know what works and what doesn't you will make as much money as you want!
Pros
Financial freedom, Ability to work from home
Cons
No insurance, 401k
productive
Clerical and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
get up to go to work. I learned about the stocks. Management is great. Coworkers great people. there isn't really anything hard there. Most enjoyable part there is the people.
Pros
good workers
Cons
not enough pay
Interesting and productive place to work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is spent responding and being proactive and reactive to our customer base. We help issuers understand movement in their stock so they can respond to their institutional base.

The best part of working at the NYSE is the people. My colleagues are always there to help and we band together under tough circumstances to get the job done. Also, everyone is willing to work outside of their job description.
no good
Hardware Technician / Trade Floor Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
no room to grow,people in place won't let you grow, cause they afraid to grow.... a lot of racist in that place. it was TRADING PLACES for me(the movie)
Pros
good money
Cons
what you put up with to get it
A very good place to work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
- A typical work day was assisting with customer requests or problems to a satisfactory resolution. Also, helping co-workers with any assistance that I could provide.
- I learned the benefits of various departments working together for the good of the company.
- Management allowed you to flourish on your own and bring ideas to the table for any process improvements.
- I looked forward to coming into work to be with my co-workers and we would socialize off hours on numerous occasions.
- There was not really a hard part of the job as co-workers were willing to assist if you ran into a work related problem .
- It was enjoyable to come to office as the environment and co-workers were very good.
Pros
Numerous company sponsored events that employees were encouraged to attend, this helped foster an excellent work environment
Cons
Company ICE, which bought the NYSE, reloaded their main operations to Atlanta, Georgia.
Challenging and fun place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
I average about (3) events a week. One or more of those events, entail an Opening or Closing bell ceremony with a listed company. My job would always be to make sure that all logistics, catering, media or anything else would run flawlessly. There is no room for error. I always enjoy the challenge of the event. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Good friends and colleagues
Great Place to work
Consultant (Oracle DBA) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Very Great place to work.Very good place to learn and develop your technical skills.I enjoy working for this company. Very friendly atmosphere in the company.
Suit and Tie
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2015
This was a great experience for me. It opened up many doors in the financial world and I would do nothing but thank every person involved in giving me the starting opportunity at this company. From that point I exceeded in every level and was promoted multiple times. The gratitude for each promotion never goes unappreciated. This company is part of the backbone of the entire financial market of the U.S. They value their employees very much and I was honored to be a part of this large and in charge corporate giant.
Pros
Exciting work environment
Exciting and historic
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
Interesting work, great pay and good benefits, very competant professional staff but a little too big company for my tastes
Pros
Interesting work, great pay, good benefits
Cons
Big company sometimes slow
Loved the People, didn't love upper management
Senior Vice President and Head of Connectivity (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
As soon as ICE took control the cost cutting impact was immediately visible and affected the efficiency of the company. My manager was a great friend and mentor.
Pros
being at NYSE
Cons
Upper management
I worked at the New York Stock Exchange for over 20 years in different positions.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at the New York Stock Exchange was a learning experience. I learned many different aspects, and responsibilities. My co-workers were supportive and management was flexible when it came to personal growth and development.
Pros
environment, people, location
Pleasant job throughout my years employed
Armed Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Great working relationship fellow securiy personnel including upper echelon Enjoy meeting and greeting all guests.