New York Stock Exchange

New York Stock Exchange Employer Reviews

This was a great company to work for
Senior Unix Engineer & Trading Application Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company a lot, however, I think the time that I was at the company it had recently gone through a merger and was still in a state of transition.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
because of a recent acquisition, I am at risk of a layoff. But this company is amazing. I work with a great team and culture. Love NYSE
ping pong table and i was a ball
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
They will eat you alive with no justification, disgrace you, intimidate you, lie about you, throw you out like enemy, garbage.
Have nothing good to say about this hostile environment.
Love what I do!
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Love what I do! Whether working with global corporations, national non-profits or health-related organizations, all have been wonderful opportunities!
Stressful fun work
Floor Trader / Wire Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great atomsphere, good pay
Cons: stressful business
Account review, morning meeting, trading day begins at 9:30am goes until 4pm market closes, then review of days trades and clearing process.
TESTING APPLICATIONS
Senior Test Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2013
• Generate and implement Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts on different applications.
• Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
• Create Database Checkpoints and conduct Back End Testing.
• Write scripts manually on Excel spreadsheets and electronically record using QTP along with the required Test Cases.
• Test the – more... functionality of most commonly used panels, using QTP, created and added logic to the script with conditional statements, loops and arithmetic operators to create more powerful and complex test.
• Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries manually.
• Report issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using Quality Center.
• Performed Performance/Stress Testing using tools such as such as LoadRunner and Batch testing.
• Actively participate in the team meeting with the developers and business to understand the test requirements effectively.
• Involved in testing the applications during System testing, Integration testing and Regression testing.
• Involved in Performance Analysis, documentation, code, and provided an assessment of potential performance bottlenecks.
• Provided a comprehensive final document which contained detailed statistical analysis of testing results, conclusions and guidance, and suggestions of ways performance may be improved.
• Actively involved in testing the online screens, batch process that was used to run and maintain the functional process of the application.
• Involved in capturing the test results, which were analyzed for completeness of coverage, percentage executed and percentage passed.
• Utilize Quality Center as a request tracking system for tracking the Defects and generating reports. – less
Prestigious landmark of the financial world
Quality Assurance Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2013
Prestigious landmark of the financial world that may be seeing its presence diminish, but its name will always be important
Challenging
Senior Collection Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: challenge
Cons: working super late
There was never a boring moment in the job duties. Enjoyed being a team player. Worked great with the department as a whole
Great place
CREATIVE SERVICES DESIGNER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: boss, fun environment
Absolutely my favorite job. Great boss, fun place. Great co-workers.
God was in the plan ...
Lead Senior Assistant - Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: friendly, easy going
I was assigned there as a temp to cover for the previous temp who needed a week off. The staff there liked me and my work so well that they called the agency and requested that I remain and for the other temp not to return. My main focus was to assist the Marketing and Sales unit with their research of prospective companies and help prepare their presentations – more... accordingly. I organized files, set-up a filing system, prepared prospectus, kept status of sales process and reported this to the VP.
I remained on, and all was going great. There was talk of me going permanent in September and to continue doing as I was. It was great until the economy started to nose-dive, and the office in Palo Alto was facing layoffs. I was the first to go. At the time I was so hurt and devastated. Then, a few weeks later, 9/11 happened, and I thanked God that I was laid-off, because if I had been hired permanently, I would have been in New York that day for my 6-week new employee training. God is good. – less
Environment, energy, and culture of the trading floor is like none other.
Institutional Sales Trader (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2013
The trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange is almost indescribable. It is a culture that you have to personally experience in order to fully appreciate. It's a work in and of itself.
A typical day on the floor consists of extremely intense energy coupled with non-stop, high volume securities trades. Every second is crucial in the buying and selling – more... of securities whose prices change in seconds.
My former co-workers were a group of professionals that were an absolute joy to work with. It can get quite stressful down there and you need to have a solid team that is there to support one another in order to enjoy continued success.
Some might consider many parts of a fast moving, high level of stress job - hard parts. I simply don't see it that way - at least not on the NYSE floor. I was proud of my position there as well as working at the epicenter of Wall Street.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that we never held positions in stocks. Meaning, every day was a new day with a clean slate. Nothing was really carried over from the previous day. – less
productive with fun, yes ping pong table++++
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flex hours, nice environment
Cons: health care, pension, dental
i had days that i could relax and concentrate on future projects and i had days that i wouldn't know my name. i manged daily operation of properties / multiple locations. i assigned work to engineers, electricians and plumbers. also, on daily basis i interacted with contractors. the most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that i was on my own and – more... able to make my decissions. – less
awesome company!
Floor Reporter/Page (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2013
awesome company. worked on floor of NYSE with some of the finest people I have ever met. Good pay and very prestigius.
Horrible management, too much politics
Manager, US - Release Management (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2013
Pros: flexible work from home schedule, good pay/benefits
Cons: management
The organization is steeped in politics. It's so annoying - the company could do so much with the smart people it has working for it, but teams fight each other instead of working together due to the politics.
A very fun work place
Case Management (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good salary at the time, great benefits
Cons: long commute
This was a fun place to work. I did a lot of entering information in the computer. Kept track of cases and did weekly & monthly reports. My co-workers were fun to be with. The hardest was the computing daily and coming home late to my young children at the time.
It was an enlightening experience.
Human Resource Department Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Very busy at times due to the nature of the business. The management was polite and very professional attorneys and made sure that I knew where they were when they left the office andwhat time they should be returning. How to contact them in case of emergency.
The world that wants to come to us
Veteran Associate Program (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Working at the NYSE was great! Many famous people want to come ring the bell. The co-workers there are incredibly welcoming and friendly. Working there long term would be the best!
Corporate
Executive Assistant - EVP & CFO (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: meet vip's for opening bell
learned the importance of confidentiality. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The reason for leaving the firm was to transition with the my manager.
not much flexibility
QA Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
lot of room for improvement. tools and technologies are not the latest
A great place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2012
The work place was structured productive and very family work oriented.