New York Stock Exchange

New York Stock Exchange Employer Reviews

Productive work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
High energy co-workers. Positive attitude everyday. Treated with respect no matter what level you occupy within the company.
I was able to enhance my administrative skills and grow as an employee within this dynamic company.
New challenges every day
Chief Counsel (Former Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 22, 2014
Pros: demanding clients
Cons: lack of upward mobility
Great place to build client relationships and keep sharp. My work load was always heavy yet diversified.
Good Memories
Legal Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and bonuses
Cons: some long and exhausting days
Going to work everyday was like going to spend time with extended family. We worked hard but we also enjoyed many good times. The department was busy but I've never learned as much in any previous position I held. My manager was very hands on but not smothering and a real pleasure to work next to and learn from. I was encouraged to challenge myself with new assignment and believed in my skills that I would be successful. The hardest days came when there were several filings to be complete on a deadline issued by the federal government. The most enjoyable part of the job were our social events which I always coordinated and loved seeing everyone happy and enjoying themselves.
Specialist NYSE
Managing Director (Former Employee), NYSeptember 22, 2014
Specialist NYSE and a managing director at Goldman Sachs
see resume..
i have learn to listen to what people have to say
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: socialize
Cons: short breaks, any kind of weather, you wear a gun
My day starts at 7.00am ,I have different assignments everyday.Some days I'm inside and some days i'm outside no matter the weather.Some days I may have vip escort duty or a assign class.As soon as I get my assignment I prepare for my day.I check in the office and pick up my weapon than start my day.Some days you work late and some you don't.I take my jobs very serious because we are one of the main targets in new York.You can never assume' it's a regular day.i've been at the exchange for 25yrs and no day is ever the same.
Great Job
Java system Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Nice place to work. Nice mangement and great place to work at.
This was a great company to work for
Senior Unix Engineer & Trading Application Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company a lot, however, I think the time that I was at the company it had recently gone through a merger and was still in a state of transition.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
because of a recent acquisition, I am at risk of a layoff. But this company is amazing. I work with a great team and culture. Love NYSE
wall street
QA -Onsite Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: wall steet
Cons: high work ethics
worked in insider trading projects.
challlenging work envionment
ping pong table and i was a ball
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
They will eat you alive with no justification, disgrace you, intimidate you, lie about you, throw you out like enemy, garbage.
Have nothing good to say about this hostile environment.
Love what I do!
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Love what I do! Whether working with global corporations, national non-profits or health-related organizations, all have been wonderful opportunities!
Stressful fun work
Floor Trader / Wire Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great atomsphere, good pay
Cons: stressful business
Account review, morning meeting, trading day begins at 9:30am goes until 4pm market closes, then review of days trades and clearing process.
TESTING APPLICATIONS
Senior Test Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2013
• Generate and implement Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts on different applications.
• Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
• Create Database Checkpoints and conduct Back End Testing.
• Write scripts manually on Excel spreadsheets and electronically record using QTP along with the required Test Cases.
• Test the functionality of most commonly used panels, using QTP, created and added logic to the script with conditional statements, loops and arithmetic operators to create more powerful and complex test.
• Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries manually.
• Report issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using Quality Center.
• Performed Performance/Stress Testing using tools such as such as LoadRunner and Batch testing.
• Actively participate in the team meeting with the developers and business to understand the test requirements effectively.
• Involved in testing the applications during System testing, Integration testing and Regression testing.
• Involved in Performance Analysis, documentation, code, and provided an assessment of potential performance bottlenecks.
• Provided a comprehensive final document which contained detailed statistical analysis of testing results, conclusions and guidance, and suggestions of ways performance may be improved.
• Actively involved in testing the online screens, batch process that was used to run and maintain the functional process of the application.
• Involved in capturing the test results, which were analyzed for completeness of coverage, percentage executed and percentage passed.
• Utilize Quality Center as a request tracking system for tracking the Defects and generating reports.
Prestigious landmark of the financial world
Quality Assurance Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2013
Prestigious landmark of the financial world that may be seeing its presence diminish, but its name will always be important
Challenging
Senior Collection Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: challenge
Cons: working super late
There was never a boring moment in the job duties. Enjoyed being a team player. Worked great with the department as a whole
Great place
CREATIVE SERVICES DESIGNER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: boss, fun environment
Absolutely my favorite job. Great boss, fun place. Great co-workers.
God was in the plan ...
Lead Senior Assistant - Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: friendly, easy going
I was assigned there as a temp to cover for the previous temp who needed a week off. The staff there liked me and my work so well that they called the agency and requested that I remain and for the other temp not to return. My main focus was to assist the Marketing and Sales unit with their research of prospective companies and help prepare their presentations accordingly. I organized files, set-up a filing system, prepared prospectus, kept status of sales process and reported this to the VP.
I remained on, and all was going great. There was talk of me going permanent in September and to continue doing as I was. It was great until the economy started to nose-dive, and the office in Palo Alto was facing layoffs. I was the first to go. At the time I was so hurt and devastated. Then, a few weeks later, 9/11 happened, and I thanked God that I was laid-off, because if I had been hired permanently, I would have been in New York that day for my 6-week new employee training. God is good.
Environment, energy, and culture of the trading floor is like none other.
Institutional Sales Trader (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2013
The trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange is almost indescribable. It is a culture that you have to personally experience in order to fully appreciate. It's a work in and of itself.
A typical day on the floor consists of extremely intense energy coupled with non-stop, high volume securities trades. Every second is crucial in the buying and selling of securities whose prices change in seconds.
My former co-workers were a group of professionals that were an absolute joy to work with. It can get quite stressful down there and you need to have a solid team that is there to support one another in order to enjoy continued success.
Some might consider many parts of a fast moving, high level of stress job - hard parts. I simply don't see it that way - at least not on the NYSE floor. I was proud of my position there as well as working at the epicenter of Wall Street.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that we never held positions in stocks. Meaning, every day was a new day with a clean slate. Nothing was really carried over from the previous day.
productive with fun, yes ping pong table++++
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: flex hours, nice environment
Cons: health care, pension, dental
i had days that i could relax and concentrate on future projects and i had days that i wouldn't know my name. i manged daily operation of properties / multiple locations. i assigned work to engineers, electricians and plumbers. also, on daily basis i interacted with contractors. the most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that i was on my own and able to make my decissions.
awesome company!
Floor Reporter/Page (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2013
awesome company. worked on floor of NYSE with some of the finest people I have ever met. Good pay and very prestigius.

New York Stock Exchange Photos