New York Stock Exchange Employee Reviews

not at this point
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentNovember 15, 2016
not at this point I feel that it is irrelevant at this point to give any sort of feedback it was just not for me or my lifestyle
Work for yourself
Day Trader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2016
The reason why i day trade is for a supplemental income to help me raise capital to help grow my business. It is hard to learn at first but once you get a set strategy and know what works and what doesn't you will make as much money as you want!
Pros
Financial freedom, Ability to work from home
Cons
No insurance, 401k
productive
Clerical and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
get up to go to work. I learned about the stocks. Management is great. Coworkers great people. there isn't really anything hard there. Most enjoyable part there is the people.
Pros
good workers
Cons
not enough pay
Interesting and productive place to work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is spent responding and being proactive and reactive to our customer base. We help issuers understand movement in their stock so they can respond to their institutional base.

The best part of working at the NYSE is the people. My colleagues are always there to help and we band together under tough circumstances to get the job done. Also, everyone is willing to work outside of their job description.
no good
Hardware Technician / Trade Floor Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
no room to grow,people in place won't let you grow, cause they afraid to grow.... a lot of racist in that place. it was TRADING PLACES for me(the movie)
Pros
good money
Cons
what you put up with to get it
A very good place to work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
- A typical work day was assisting with customer requests or problems to a satisfactory resolution. Also, helping co-workers with any assistance that I could provide.
- I learned the benefits of various departments working together for the good of the company.
- Management allowed you to flourish on your own and bring ideas to the table for any process improvements.
- I looked forward to coming into work to be with my co-workers and we would socialize off hours on numerous occasions.
- There was not really a hard part of the job as co-workers were willing to assist if you ran into a work related problem .
- It was enjoyable to come to office as the environment and co-workers were very good.
Pros
Numerous company sponsored events that employees were encouraged to attend, this helped foster an excellent work environment
Cons
Company ICE, which bought the NYSE, reloaded their main operations to Atlanta, Georgia.
Challenging and fun place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
I average about (3) events a week. One or more of those events, entail an Opening or Closing bell ceremony with a listed company. My job would always be to make sure that all logistics, catering, media or anything else would run flawlessly. There is no room for error. I always enjoy the challenge of the event. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Good friends and colleagues
Great Place to work
Consultant (Oracle DBA) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Very Great place to work.Very good place to learn and develop your technical skills.I enjoy working for this company. Very friendly atmosphere in the company.
Suit and Tie
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2015
This was a great experience for me. It opened up many doors in the financial world and I would do nothing but thank every person involved in giving me the starting opportunity at this company. From that point I exceeded in every level and was promoted multiple times. The gratitude for each promotion never goes unappreciated. This company is part of the backbone of the entire financial market of the U.S. They value their employees very much and I was honored to be a part of this large and in charge corporate giant.
Pros
Exciting work environment
Exciting and historic
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
Interesting work, great pay and good benefits, very competant professional staff but a little too big company for my tastes
Pros
Interesting work, great pay, good benefits
Cons
Big company sometimes slow
Loved the People, didn't love upper management
Senior Vice President and Head of Connectivity (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
As soon as ICE took control the cost cutting impact was immediately visible and affected the efficiency of the company. My manager was a great friend and mentor.
Pros
being at NYSE
Cons
Upper management
I worked at the New York Stock Exchange for over 20 years in different positions.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at the New York Stock Exchange was a learning experience. I learned many different aspects, and responsibilities. My co-workers were supportive and management was flexible when it came to personal growth and development.
Pros
environment, people, location
Pleasant job throughout my years employed
Armed Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Great working relationship fellow securiy personnel including upper echelon Enjoy meeting and greeting all guests.
This is a good place
intern (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKJune 18, 2015
NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE I was an intern. And I learned a lot and different type o food to cook. When I was a intern I loved it here. I prepared food I also set up the food.
Wrong place for an "agent of change"
SENIOR TRAINER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
I was hired as an "agent of change" for the specialist and broker training department, but soon found that the NYSE had a way of doing things that date back 200 years and they weren't about to change any of that now. This position was not a good fit for a technical trainer with the philosophy of training being a non-threatening atmosphere where it was safe to make mistakes. Not the way they like to train them at the NYSE - if it's going to be brutal on the floor, it's going to be brutal in training. As such, I didn't last long here - not a good fit at all. Fun place to visit, though.
Cons
Heck of a comment from northern NJ. VERY Long hours.
Nyse
Business Unit Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2015
NYSE had a wonderful culture to learn and develop as an IT individual. You were given many opportunities and avenues where one could pursue and develop. IT Infrastructure team was the best I've worked with, with many individuals and management willing to teach and assist in helping an individual grow.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Financial market is volatile.
The NYX was a great place to work and advance your career.
Desktop Operations Supervisor, Support Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
Unfortunately the environment has changed and the company is no longer providing the same opportunities it once did prior to the ICE takeover.
Excellent
Network Operation, Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
A nice place to work and develop your skills.
People always willing to help.
Always meeting client's expectations.
Supervisors and director very responsible.
When your job has to be done, it has to at the time that you said it.
When you finish your job on time, and the coworkers too.
Pros
Many opportunities to explore
Productive and a fun place to work
Global Head End User Computing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at NYSE a very dynamic company with a lot of growth opportunities.

My co-workers were alway ready to jump in and help where and when possible. The work environment/management made room for institutional knowledge transfer and technical growth. I worked at NYSE for many years and I would recommend any motivated individual to apply for employment.
Pros
Management Educational programs and Mentoring, good benefits
Productive work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
High energy co-workers. Positive attitude everyday. Treated with respect no matter what level you occupy within the company.
I was able to enhance my administrative skills and grow as an employee within this dynamic company.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Stock Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Stock Exchange Reviews by Location