New York Water Taxi Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work was fun to me because I made it fun. I learned to treat my customers well, and always remain positive. My co- workers were never serious, they would play around too much, and gossip about one another. Management did the same thing and management was very unfair. The hardest part of the job was trying to calm a big crowd of people in the burning sun. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from different parts of the world, and hearing their stories.
Productiive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced making sure passengers get on boats safely. I learned how to ensure excellent customer service to customers. My co-workers were great respectful people. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting and constantly meeting new people.
Productive place good work environment good pay
Sightseeing Guide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day would be leading a tour group sometimes as much as 55 people throughout NYC. And/or conducting tours on company boats and working with captain and crew throughout NYC harbor
New York Water Taxi
Assistant Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2013
It was a wonderful and fun place to work. The atmosphere was very vibrant. The employees there worked well together. They took good care of you when it cam to benefits. I was a Assistant Manager/Sales person. I sold tickets from various locations as well as managed a team of about 8 people. I did scheduling and I also organized the team.
Pros
working outside makes the day go fast.
Cons
having to deal with weather barriers.
Very upbeat work environment
Sales Associate (Ticket Agent) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2012
Informed customers about our services and prices on a face to face basis. Almost always worked with another sales associate as a team to achieve the sales goal for the day. Achieved top commission sales at our Battery Park location. Trained employees on how to use our Sinex and MaxTix sales system.
Pros
paid sick days/vacation/personal days, healthcare, dental care, free water/suncreen/food
Cons
salary evaluations were not up to date.

4.3