New York Employee Reviews

Great but not for me
Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2017
This business is very tough and just wasn't the right time for me to work there. Great support staff and management. Requirements include networking and working your own hours.
Pros
High Motivation Management
Cons
Have to sell yourself
Productive Day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAApril 11, 2017
I always started with a positive attitude, try to always have a smile in my face and tells the promotions to the clients in the store. I do my clock-in and then I started to see what I have to do in the store sometimes I have to clean, do the fitting rooms. The hardest part of my job I think it was when I have to closed, because we have a certain time to finished and I'm not the only one and we have to be fast and sometimes the store was to dirty and we take more time.
Pros
Good Co-Worker
Cons
Short Breaks
Ambiente de trabajo bueno divertido y amigable
Empresa de carpetas (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
me gusta trabajar en grupo cooperar y aportar ideas en mi lugar de trabajo
Pros
Que tenga seguro medico
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2016
I got this job when i was going to college, but i did enjoy it, it was really fun, efective managment with lots comunication. Most of the coworkers did like to work as a team
Only Top Performers Need to Apply
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 24, 2016
Overall a good company for brand culture and advancement but you will not be able to balance work/life here. Long hours, crazy floorsets, crazy upper management (bring back Kevin Finnegan), Ludacris promotional changes, and massive turn over from sales associates to regional directors. NYCO is incredibly fashion forward and bleeds a high performance culture on a daily basis.
Pros
Salary, advancement, Pto, clothes, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Corporate management, long floorsets, massive turn over
I am interesting in working in a company with equal employment opportunity. I look forward to join a team of professional individuals.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  5 Borouhgs of NYNovember 21, 2016
I like a safe environment. I would like adequate benefits and productive employees. Our customers are extremely important and we strive to render best support and service.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
no room for improvement
great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MANovember 3, 2016
the best part of the job is the people

great job. lots to do. very busy and hectic at times. not managed very well but everyone works well together.
Pros & Cons.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 22, 2016
While working with this company, I will say my experience was interesting. I'm not going to write about my experience because I don't want to discourage the next person that needs a job & that wants to work there.
Great work environment
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 21, 2016
Very structural, organized, and sanitized area
The hardest part of the job was doing metro which was a magazine that showed us how to set up the store, its mannequins, and store appearance
I learned how to walk people to the register and show them how valuable our credit card was.
I was a shift manager with a huge responsibility but limited with certain store policies that were out of my job description
Pros
Discount on merchant
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
overall a fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVOctober 19, 2016
a typical day at work was assisting customers in a fun environment. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the daily tasks of putting clothing back and keeping customers waited on in a timely manner due to the amount of staff that is hired.
Nice first job
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2016
This was a typical retail position. It is a good starter job but nothing I would consider a career. My coworkers were great, it was like a family environment.
AWESOME company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, Va and Glen Allen, VaOctober 16, 2016
I found the company very supportive corporately, and communication was good to great most days. I was able to succeed in this company so much due to the coaching, marketing, and team work atmosphere I experienced on a daily basis. I honestly had way more great days than bad.
Pros
Product quality
Cons
Bad signage for marketing, lease up in May 2017
Fun proffessesional eviroment
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Fox Valley, ILSeptember 23, 2016
At fox valley we have some of the greatest customers! Co workers are loads of fun. Unfortunately due to school schedule I can't work there as much as Id like to.
What you day is made of
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the team, distributing the workload evenly amongst staff and making sure motivation and performance levels are maintained.
• Supervise sales associates and handle change requests by customers, as well as check that goods are in good condition
• Develop sales strategies to reach new customers and also grab the attention of already existing ones to boost sales in the department
• Train members of the sales team in order to make them better sales associates
• Supervise opening and closing of the store at the appropriate time.
Lots of work and responsibility
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYSeptember 4, 2016
a typical day working here consists of multiple roles of helping guests, ringing as cashier, trying to sell credit cards, as well as cleaning the sales floor and fitting room. Management can be uncoordinated, not everyone knows important info reguarding schedules and days off. Co-workers are good to work with, must maintain a goal each night to ensure closing goes well. Hardest part is recovering and cleaning the store. 2 workers must clean the store before leaving
Pros
discounts, money back when applying for credit card
Cons
short breaks, no pto, not seeking to train others
Fun fast paced jon
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJAugust 25, 2016
- cashier all day

- Helping usual customers

- learned how to help customers every need

- easiest part is always making sure the customer got help with everything they were looking for
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 22, 2016
Management was horrible
valued credit card sign ups than other work
made employees stay way past over time like into 1 am. Not worth it pay is bad.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short breaks, annoying managers
Great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 22, 2016
I loved the people that I worked with. I was able to manage my people with advice from upper management without being over bearing. The product was awesome along with a great employee discount.
Management Deficiencies
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Floral Park, NYAugust 22, 2016
Management is comprised of petty individuals who ask you to perform tasks not included in your job description and take advantage of your abilities. Unfortunately, this company promotes based on favoritism over work ethic.
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 18, 2016
Coming into the store is different everyday. Sales change everyday so one must be on top of sales or one cannot advertise the brand properly as well as any discounts that are to be given away or received. Seems stressful at first but once becoming familiar with the brand one can truly make connections with customers and not just sell merchandise to the customers but make bonds on a professional level.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, can be stressful if one cannot be quick and adapt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York. Our community is ready to answer.