New York

New York Employer Reviews

Unorganized, Unfriendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, unorganized, little pay for how much work is expected of you
This company is more concerned with pushing their company credit card on to customers, rather than helping them have an enjoyable experience at their stores.
New York and Co.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 28, 2014
I really enjoyed working for NYC I would of stayed with them longer if they would have worked with my college schedule and me being manager. The staff was like another family and we always had a great time together.
ACTIVE,FAST PACED AND THE FEELING OF ACCOMPLISHMENT
OPEN (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: compliments from family members
Cons: waiting for my replacement to show up an hr late
I WOULD ARRIVE AT 6:30AM AND REPORT TO MY SUPERVISOR. MY DUTIES FOR THE DAY WOULD BE TOLD TO ME AND I WOULD BEGIN TO CARE FOR MY PTS IN A TRIAGE MANNER.
EX,IF SOMEONE HAD AN OUTSIDE APPT.I WOULD GO THERE FIRST AND BESURE TO HAVE THEM BATHED, DRESSED,FED AND READY FOR APPT. THEN GO ON DOWN THE LINE.
I LEARNED THESE PEOPLE HAD NAMES AND FEELINGS,I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEYER CARES CONCERNS NEEDS AND WANTS. IT BECAME A PART OF ME,NOT JUST A JOB OR PAYCHECK,BUT A REAL EMOTION OF CARING AND LOVE.F.MY COWORKERS WERE FRIENDLY AND GAVE JUST AS MUCH TO THEYER PYS AS I DID.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS LOSIBG A PT AND NOTIFYING THE FAMILY.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS SEEING SOMEONE RECOVER AND WALK AGAIN,BE ABLE TO GO HOME AND BE AROUND THEYER LOVED ONES.
Fast paced work place
Stockroom/Overnight associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 21, 2014
NY&CO one of the most busiest stores I have ever worked for. I learned to be efficient and also how to work in a high volume store.
required alot of work to be done at home
Store Sales Leader (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great associates, great customers
Cons: not enough payroll hours and required alot of things to be done after hours
I loved my customers and my associates. Everyday that I learned something, it made me feel good. My hardest thing was working for a supervisor who I did not respect. I gave everything I could for 18+ years and sacrificed my home life. Nothing seemed to be good enough for my new supervisor who played favorites and was blinded by her personal feelings and personal relationships with those she hired before her promotion.
Leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Great Company!
I wouldn't change anything. One of the many things I love about this company would definitely be the compensation for management amongst the creativity and flexibility they encourage!
NY&co
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Ramsey NJSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts make it easier to wear and sell our clothing.
I work in the Interstate Shopping center so the hours are not that bad. A typical week for the management is 3 opening shifts and 2 night shifts.

I have learned a lot about sales, how to meet our numbers, how to change our behaviors when we are down in any area we are expected to meet. This past year I can easily say the customer service has been our main focus. BHQ has new direction for us and we strive in all that we do to have the customer have a happy shopping experience, and remembered upon her return to our store! We make it fun and want to help. I've noticed what makes the difference is having a team that wants to do the job!
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Manager Support Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the company gives away a lot of prizes
Cons: only part time
New York & Company has a lot of room for growth. I was promoted with in three months of working there. Everyone gets along very well employer as well as management
Fun place if you love Fashion
Customer Service / Retail (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 18, 2014
You get to meet great customers from Canada who come to USA to shop at this store. it has diffrent pants that all women love because they are perfect fit and lenght it is a great place to shop for buissiness casual clothes and accessories.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 10, 2014
A typical day would be providing great customer service, keeping the floor maintained, as well as ringing up customers.
Good job for younger people
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2014
Personally hate retail. Rude customers all the time. Crazy policies. Great discount for employees.
Co-Sales Store Manager (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: good salary with great benefits
Cons: long working hours
It's all about reaching our sales goals.
We must be on top of everything to provide great customer service with great presentation.
The hardest part of the job is working 44 hours plus on a weekly basis with different schedules, including working late shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers, helping them look good. And they feeling happy when they leave the store.
Productive, fun place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: free work clothes
Was one of the best place i worked.
I grew tremendously here. Management was very helpful and had a great work life balance. they paid for higher education, had a great social responsibility culture.
One of the best firms to work!
great experience
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: short time
Retrieving and restraining many species of animals for ultrasound examinations.
Filing and retrieving radiographs.
Helping where needed in the radiology Department
Worked closely with a large staff.
Arrived to the hospital with little animal handling ability but left with confidence and competence.
Fast paced/fun/friendly
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 24, 2014
Cons: scheduling work days.
A typical work day is extremely busy. We have a lot of sales going on so people come in and out all the time. I have learned how to speak loudly and how to sell products. Management is extremely friendly and helpful. Co workers help out a lot when I don't understand something. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell the credit cards. You have to be very influential. I love the job because I don't see the same people everyday,
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 1, 2014
Provided assistance to guests with items, assisted with fitting rooms, operated cash register, solicited store promotions, kept store appearance neat and clean.
It wasnt my cup of tea
Stock and Greeter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Felt like I could achieve better in the company with a little more guidance
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VirginiaDecember 16, 2013
Doing transactions, putting away clothes, cleaning, helping customers, selling rewards credit cards
I enjoying working the register and handling money.
The hardest part would be selling rewards credit cards simply because nobody wants one these days although I ask every single time.
Fun and the ability to enhance teamwork skills
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Humble, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: enjoying creating displays.
Cons: it was part-time work only. also the minimum wages.
It was one of the few places where the Store and Regional Managers made you love coming to work and exciting. I also enjoyed how you keep moving around physically . Coming up with new concepts and meeting new people everyday. The hardest parts were it was partim, sometimes lifting heavy merchandise and around the holidays with high crime volume.
retail
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 13, 2013
Pros: opening in the morning
Cons: taking out the boxes to the compactor
friendly people, not as strict as others, get to wear nice clothes, its always busy so you don't get bored

1 2 3