NewBay Media serves readers and business partners in the most dynamic, inspired, creative, and interactive vertical markets the world has ever seen. Built upon an information network of award-winning magazines, conferences and events, online communities, and marketing services, NewBay Media reaches millions of professionals worldwide in print, in person and online.
The successful candidate would be responsible for level 1 & 2 help desk assistance, working as part of the Help Desk team supporting 200+ employees based in NYC, Virginia, California as well as home based users across the US. This person must be able to work independently and as part of the Help Desk team. Problem-solving, time management, organizational and customer service skills are crucial. A fair percentage of help desk support will be over the phone using remote access tools. Therefore, clear written and verbal communications, as well as meticulous follow-up skills, are a must. This position reports to the Help Desk Manager.
- 2-3 years experience working as part of a Help Desk team
- Ability to prioritize, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Ability to identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- College degree preferred
- IT Trade school degree or certifications a plus
Experience in the following areas a must:
- Proficient in overall OSX support and configuration
- Windows 7
- MS Office suite for MAC and PC
- Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 including InCopy
- Font Book and Extensis Universal Type client
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Cisco VPN
- Troubleshooting WIFI, LAN and Internet connectivity issues
- Blackberry and iOS device setup, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Basic user administration in an Active Directory Environment
- Network printer support
Experience with any of the following areas a plus:
- VMWare, Windows Server, Exchange, Sharepoint, Terminal Services, WSUS, Blackberry Enterprise Server, BackupExec, Track-IT!
- Cisco VoIP
- Apple Remote Desktop
- Disk Imaging applications
Position is located in our NYC office. Some light travel may be required at times. Candidate must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -