NewAlliance Bank Employee Reviews

It was a good bank to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTJuly 28, 2015
Before acquired by First Niagara Bank, I worked for NewAlliance Bank for 3 years. It was a great to bank to work for. All of my branch managers were very supportive and motivating. I loved working with my co-workers and it was a very friendly environment.
Pros
Great bank to work for.
Cons
None.
Courage comes from experience.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Coventry, CTMarch 23, 2015
I valued my experience with New Alliance Bank because I was able to conquer social fears. Working with the public improved my communication. I was confident in my job and met expectations making my position more enjoyable as the years increased.
NewAlliance was a wonderful bank to work for. Management was excellent.
Sr. Exec. Assistant to Chairman, President & CEO (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 2, 2014
Working for the Chairman was challenging yet it was the best position I have ever had. I learned much and it afforded me an opportunity to expand my knowledge in banking. Every day was different. I worked hard and there were no early days, but it was the best.
One of the best professional experiences
COMMERCIAL CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2013
community focused driven, leader in helping low-income communities and vision with economic development ventures
Fun place to work
Head - Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTAugust 15, 2013
Great opportunities for advancement. Customers interaction is always exciting. Task are the same everyday but yet different scenarios.
Pros
Meeting new people, advancement opportunities, holidays off
Cons
Pay not worth responsibilities vs other banks
Challenged Environment
middle management (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2012
Organization had great culture until they executed multiple M&A transactions. Pre-assessment of talent and infrastructure was lacking.

Internal rebuilding efforts will take a substantial amount of time before external competition can be thought of.

HR still has FNFG listed as New Alliance Bank--competence level of many employees in question.
Pros
collaborative work teams; good work/life balance; nice facilities
Cons
weak leadership, culture, and infrastructure
great customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  new haven CTJune 17, 2012
Learned alot form this company but there was no room for growth or were you offered to opportunity to.
Pros
they teach you hou to provide great customer service
Cons
management
Very demanding job
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 12, 2012
Fast paced busy environment and very demanding. I had a very hard working staff that did a very good job meeting required deadlines and goals which may my job easier.
Prepare payoff letters, process final payoffs.
Mortgage Loan Payoff Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 21, 2012
Working with someone else's money was stressful. Learning how to break down a payment to the correct accounts is hard for someone who never received the proper education.
Cons
stressful
It was not a bad company to work for.
Research & Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 1, 2012
The employees were great to work for especially the department that i was in. Deposit Services was a great department overall . It was like we were all a big huge family. I have great memories working there before we had became NewAlliance Bank from Savings Bank of Manchester.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewAlliance Bank. Our community is ready to answer.