NewCourtland Network

NewCourtland Network Employee Reviews

Great seniors
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2015
Has great programs and services for seniors on paper; however, management team is unethical with poor employee morale.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
High turnover
There was nothing better!
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2015
As an agency nurse life was good. They kept me busy with flexible hours. The pay was excellent. The staff was friendly and did their job well, I never really had a problem.
Pros
Kept me working, excellent pay.
Cons
They closed down.
Hard Work,Fantastic Salary
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2015
Germantown Home is an iffy place to work and this is why:The pay and benefits are top notch. The training in the beginning is adequate. There are too many 'Bosses,and no mentors'. The workload is enjoyable to all but a select few (LPNS,RN SPVRs). Everyday these particular employees have to stay over to complete their shift work,because the LPN has to assist in Dining Room when they should be passing meds,and the RN SPVR is completing the work the LPN doesn't have time to do(If u have an RN teamplayer,otherwise that's the LPNs job too). Prepare to stay late.The usual drama/gossip/hearsay goes on,as its a female-driven environment,but can be avoided if you keep your own counsel. Don't be blinded by the fact they offer a pension,as longevity is not a guarantee. And do not steal time. Finally,go back to school(its free),keep your outside options open,and hang in there!
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Workload, No Job Security, No mentoring
A Great Place to Call Home (Current Employee)
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 7, 2015
I have worked at NewCourtland LIFE for over two years and do not plan to leave any time soon. I even commute an hour or more to get to and from work each day!! NewCourtland is a unique company and is ever expanding. There is always room for growth if you do your job well & compensation has never been anything I heard ANY employee complain about. The goal is always the seniors and the program really works to give back to them. If you are interested in working in a place that is fast paced, growing, gives back to the community and so much knowledge then this is really the place for you.
DON ( Former Employee)
DON (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2015
I am a former employee of The New Courtland Organiztion and I can say and I will say, when I was employed they respected, and cared very much about their residents and employee's. I have very fine memories of New Courtland and i would not mine working for them again if the right opportunity arises.
Many wonderful memories
CNA/Gero-Psych Aide/ LPN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
As a former employee, I would like to share that my experience with NewCourtland was wonderful! The Interdisciplinary Team, coworkers, residents and other staff were like family. A lot has changed since I left including the loss of one of the best features Germantown Home had, it's Chapel. Nonetheless; the facility and it's grounds are beautiful! The dining program is awesome for the residents and their Recreation Department, my favorite. What can I say, I miss the facility and staff I grew to love. If it wasn't for the commute, I would have stayed
Pros
tuition reimbursement, union benefits, salary
Cons
staff moral
very education oriented
Nursing Supervisor/Manager /ADON (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2014
fun place to work but company sold buildings to another company and a lot of staff was laid off including myself
Pros
big on education
Cons
too much politics/red tape
Fun place very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2014
well i was only a volunteer. but when i was there very calm and organized. i learned patience, and received a lot of wisdom. management was very organized. the Workers were professional and nice. no hard parts to the job. enjoyed being around the elderly, being around ppl .
interesting
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2013
My experience was very good. I switched from medical records to unit clerk coming from knowing the residents on paper to knowing them personally. It was awesome.
Although this company provides many essential services to seniors it is not one of the best places to be employed
Community & Government Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2013
Unfortunately, the company has a overall negative culture that is filled mistrust, a lack of respect, and intimidate of employee. The services that they provide are great assets to the community but it is not a positive atmosphere for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewCourtland Network. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3