Newedge USA LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Open Environment
Shadow bond trader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Despite not being an official employee, I have continuously shadowed a bond trader who has guided me in my career path in the world of finance.

While participating in shadowing the trader at the firm, I learned how bonds were priced relative to treasuries, what news or events may trigger a flight to quality in fixed income, and how deals were made and then executed on the Bloomberg Terminal.
Numbers were all that matter.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2013
Good place to work 3 to 5 years ago. Number and Metrics people too overs and has gone down hill ever since.
Trading Floor
Broker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Worked closely with tenured traders to place daily calls and check the clearing of daily trades
A place I learned a lot.
e-Solution Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2013
I learned a lot about trading platforms there.
The people there are nice and helpful.
Very political culture that undercuts productivity
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2013
To be fair the company had just combined from 2 different entities and the management was fighting each other. Sharing of clients was forbidden. Many accounts were non performing but a new sales person was unable to work with the broker that "owned" the account. The 2 managements continued to struggle to streamline the company and it then went through a massive layoff in October of 2009. I had many excellent co-workers and very hard working colleagues that wanted to help and grow business. But management played a role in keeping the brokers apart.
Pros
great co-workers.
Cons
uncommitted management
This company was a good place to work. It had good benefits, if you were a permanent employee.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2012
A typical day at work was standard: Getting the job done in a timely f

ashion. As in any financial there could be no loose ends. I learned flexibility. I had to be progressively learning new things, especially given the new technology which was constantly available. This is a global company, therefore one had to be quick and be willing to learn.Well management was very helpful and supportive getting the job done. Regarding my direct managers I cannot say enough of their fairness and support of me. My only regret is that I was not a permanent employee. My co-workers were helpful when asked. Some took some deplomacy to get along with, but I dealt with most on a professional level. The hardest part of the job was not knowing whether or not my position was going to be permanent. Most enjoyable was the ease in which friends could be made, also knowing I could seek advise of my managers or co-workers regarding the work to be done.Also the lunches and breakfasts provided when a task had to be completed. Breaks were always available and encouraged by my managers.