Newegg Employee Reviews in United States

Not a warm and/or fun place to work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJuly 13, 2016
The culture of this organization is very cold and sterile. Benefits are terrible if you have a family. People never speak to you. Management is poor and HR does not know how to support this organization. There is dissension in HR, which trickles down to the organization. Management is in Taiwan and processes are very poor. They don't work as a team. They work independent of each other. The best part of the day was going home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Co workers are great, policies and procedure is a not as customer orientated, 2 breaks a day and an hour lunch, down fail is its different every week. Shipping is horrible a lot of complaints. Also Marketplace is worst than amazon. Micromanagement every seconds
Pros
you and leave work without thinking about work
Cons
everything
Love it
Picker/Packer and Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118April 29, 2016
I love this love and I would still be working it if the position funding wasn't cut. I love the experience I received from it.
Bigger and greener pastures.
Agent Support Desk/ Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 7, 2015
Service provided is nearly second to none. Team comradery is what keeps me there. Small events to build team morale are always great. New politics in place with my department is not something that is desired. There is plenty of room for advancement and I, personally have done just that. The company would have classes that focus on sales, sale retention, or simply giving the best customer service available.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
The work itself can be tasking on the mind.
Great Benefits but horrible hours!
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OPC09August 4, 2015
Days are long and hot. Employees have a quick turnover due to having so many temps. IT Dept is very quick to act on problems. Maintenance Technician is like Superman! Supervisors are hit and miss, some are better than others. There are constant conveyor problems which puts everything behind.

It is a clean enviroment with free filtered water and ice.
Friendly work environment where it was encouraged to express your personality.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 18, 2015
My day at work consisted of preparing my computer before my actual work shift began. Newegg allowed me to express my creativity by being able to decorate my desk to my liking. The company also openly celebrated national holidays and pop culture holidays as well.
Due to the complexity of the nature of the online market industry I have learned how to deeply resolve customer's problems by deeply analyzing the situation and by taking a step back expressing all avenues in a timely fashion for satisfy my customer.
Pros
Required deep thought, encouraging work environment.
Cons
Rude customers, Location of office, management.
Rosewill Manufacture Lead (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 5, 2015
Fun enviroment working with coworkers. There are good insurance benefits and perks. Plenty of hours to work. Fun company picnics. Yearly bonuses.
Perfect learning environment
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  city of industry, caJune 1, 2015
I learned a lot through this fast paced company. You get a lot of work for the position but same time you learn everything you can in short period of time. I would say if you can survive in Newegg you can survive every where.
Not Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 7, 2015
working at newegg is stressful. Nothing you can do about customers yelling anything they want at you. Pay is okay but there is no room to move up. management is chosen more on a popularity basis rather than qualification.
Not conducive to new ideas, or new people for that matter
Email Marketing / Online Advertising (Former Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 10, 2014
The "culture" at Newegg is very close-minded. They are not interested in new ideas. They only want to do things the way they have always been done, and aren't very accepting of new people either, especially if you are not the same race as them.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
racist attitudes, close-minded, unprofessional, long hours, no training materials / sop, stressful environment, etc.
Pretty good if your a college student
Business Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 10, 2015
Not a bad place. The environment is awesome. People are happy since management does provide a lot of activities and incentives. Cant make more than $24,000 a year though.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
Cons
management
Standard Company
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 13, 2015
Big company but seperated into cliques that don't mesh well. Management always demanding impossible while PMs try their best to meet expectations.
Good for recent graduates, bad for growth
Web Editor (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Newegg is great for people wanting to get something on their resume. Newegg is a well established company, but tends to veer on the side old school managing practices, often resulting in micro-managing that can decrease moral and workflow. They treat their customers well but could use some of that towards their employees.
Pros
benefits are okay
Cons
salaried employees have to clock in and out, very few paid holidays, no sick leave (just personal time off which accrues slowly), very little job growth
terribly run company
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  city of industry, caMarch 21, 2013
It's unfortunate that a company has so much potential but can't figure out how to reach it.

Unstable management practices, unpredictable policy changes, the choice to treat its employees poorly with below market salaries and unattainable bonus programs. Unstable job security and high turnover rate.

If you want to learn the ropes of a Chinese company this can be a good starting place, but it's not a career. The ability to progress is based on how well you are liked by the management, and not on your actual job performance.

Good place to make connections within the IT industry and meet some people.
Pros
connections, resume credibility in ecomm
Cons
bad management, below market salary, disconnect between employees and management
Overall, it could be better, however it could be worse
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2013
I go in, I clock in, I pick orders to start out the day or until our trucks start to arrive. I've learned how to operate certain machinery and gadgets. Management could be alot better. I love my coworkers. There is really no hard part to the job. Most enjoyable parts of my day, our morning meetings and clocking out and getting back to my family.
You have to make your own way
Lead Analyst - Web (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 8, 2012
Newegg is a Chinese company. Outside of Customer Service 95% of all employees are Chinese. It is located in a predominantly Chinese area. ou don't need to speak Chinese. They are very nice to you either way, but there's a feeling that you are in another country, just fyi. Management, while I was there, was there changed a lot. Consequently there wasn't much positive change. Then again when you make money like that, you don't need to. Area for growth is based on loyalty. The longer you work there the more likely you will get promoted into something. We're talking 5+ years. They will not fire you unless you do something illegal. Overall I enjoyed my time there, it was a very interesting place to work, but omg cheap, bare minimum benefits, and no aesthetics at all.
Pros
pleasant co-workers, accessible management, very accepting of differences
Cons
posted rules no one followed, bad parking, poor benefits, low pay
Fun work place
Receiving Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2015
Working there has been a great learning experience,
great and friendly people.
fast paced, busy.
Great work enviorment
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short breaks
large cooperation (Former Employee) –  Edison NJNovember 3, 2014
Assembly line was great, being new there and was only there a short time time; every one offered there help.