Newegg

Newegg Employer Reviews

terribly run company
merchandiser (Current Employee), city of industry, caMarch 21, 2013
Pros: connections, resume credibility in ecomm
Cons: bad management, below market salary, disconnect between employees and management
It's unfortunate that a company has so much potential but can't figure out how to reach it.

Unstable management practices, unpredictable policy changes, the choice to treat its employees poorly with below market salaries and unattainable bonus programs. Unstable job security and high turnover rate.

If you want to learn the ropes of a Chinese company – more... this can be a good starting place, but it's not a career. The ability to progress is based on how well you are liked by the management, and not on your actual job performance.

Good place to make connections within the IT industry and meet some people. – less
Overall, it could be better, however it could be worse
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2013
I go in, I clock in, I pick orders to start out the day or until our trucks start to arrive. I've learned how to operate certain machinery and gadgets. Management could be alot better. I love my coworkers. There is really no hard part to the job. Most enjoyable parts of my day, our morning meetings and clocking out and getting back to my family.
Good for recent graduates, bad for growth
Web Editor (Current Employee), Industry, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits are okay
Cons: salaried employees have to clock in and out, very few paid holidays, no sick leave (just personal time off which accrues slowly), very little job growth
Newegg is great for people wanting to get something on their resume. Newegg is a well established company, but tends to veer on the side old school managing practices, often resulting in micro-managing that can decrease moral and workflow. They treat their customers well but could use some of that towards their employees.
You have to make your own way
Lead Analyst - Web (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 8, 2012
Pros: pleasant co-workers, accessible management, very accepting of differences
Cons: posted rules no one followed, bad parking, poor benefits, low pay
Newegg is a Chinese company. Outside of Customer Service 95% of all employees are Chinese. It is located in a predominantly Chinese area. ou don't need to speak Chinese. They are very nice to you either way, but there's a feeling that you are in another country, just fyi. Management, while I was there, was there changed a lot. Consequently there wasn't – more... much positive change. Then again when you make money like that, you don't need to. Area for growth is based on loyalty. The longer you work there the more likely you will get promoted into something. We're talking 5+ years. They will not fire you unless you do something illegal. Overall I enjoyed my time there, it was a very interesting place to work, but omg cheap, bare minimum benefits, and no aesthetics at all. – less