Newell Brands Employee Reviews

Great work/life balance
SENIOR DEMAND PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 19, 2017
Environment is relaxed and flexible and management in this office is great.

Being analytical and a great communicator are key in this role.

A typical day at work varies day to day. You work hard but aren't overworked.
Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2017
Work real hard. Did a lot of duties. Typical day was making sure my job was done right and correct. As always enjoyed working with forklift and other duties responsible for.
Great people with a fun culture.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
Great people with a fun culture. If you are hard working and personable, the opportunity for advancement is plentiful. A very diverse company with endless opportunities.
Pros
People
Cons
Paid Time Off could be bettter.
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 17, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my experiences with Newell Brands. It is a rapidly growing company with lots of room fro growth if you are flexible. Work / life balance and compensation are both fair. Culture is a huge plus.
Very rude people
Contract Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 16, 2017
Very cut throat, no one helps you nor speaks to you. Stuck at a desk with no direction. Managers are not helpful. No one will help you answer questions or find files. They expect work that is not even made familiar to you.
Pros
free food
Cons
no one talks to you or helps answer questions
Cutthroat
Shipping receiving put away Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Winchester VirginiaJuly 12, 2017
I want to get to done to fast and and do to many jods they will fier you if you get hurt and tell them they have a lead that will tell you to go faster when you are allready going fast the manager is trying to manage two buildings it is a big mess
Pros
Non
Cons
All of it
Grewat Place to work
Brand Activation Intern (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 12, 2017
I felt very comfortable working in this environment. Professional and friendly. The communication within the company was efficient, workers were always willing to help when needed.
Bad communication - no customer focus
eCommerce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2017
I've been a party of the company for half a year now, and all I can say is that everything they seem to do is focused on NUMBERS. They're not concerned with producing quality, customer-friendly products unless they turn a good profit. Management is often rude and never stops driving forward even when unreasonable. Two of my friends recently left after <2 months of employment.

Unless you're an over-achiever not worried about your health or work/life balance, I would not suggest joining this company.
Pros
Free food, decent pay/benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and communication, only goal is sales
It was terrible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 1, 2017
They don't respect you and won't let you use the bathroom or anything. They cuss you and scream at you all night. The team leads always are no where to be found. Every machine in there doesn't work and requires fixing every 30 minutes.
Leader in the fishing tackle industry.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 29, 2017
Great place to work and good group of people but currently undergoing transition due to new ownership. New owners are having some trouble adjusting to the fishing tackle industry but I have faith that they will pull through the learning curve.
Very unorganized and stressful workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 27, 2017
on day 1 you're expected to keep up with people that have been there 10+ yrs. If you don't get it within 10 minutes they move you. No chance to learn.
Pros
Bribe you with free meals, weekly pay incentives for attendance, and gifts to stay.
Strong Brands
Sr. Manager, Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
The company has good foundation and strong brands but outside of the executive level, many people don't know which direction it is going. Really enjoyed the work and responsibility - learned a ton.
Pros
Really enjoyed the work and responsibility - learned a ton. Strong brands
Cons
Communication
Average Work Culture
Lead Security & Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
I am currently working full time at Newell Brands as a Lead Security & Compliance Analyst (SAP GRC) and it is a great opportunity. I am able to meet deadlines because my manager doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. She is a big time help when it comes to doing the tedious tasks that require quite a bit of attention to detail. However, due to the way the team is structured, I am unable to advance and/or receive promotions.
Pros
Flexible Work Arrangements
Cons
little to no opportunity for advancement and training
Well recognized company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 20, 2017
Teaches you how to call on retail stores and train employees to sell to consumers. Low pay for what you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is forming relationships with the customer base.
Advancing eCommerce on a Global Platform
Vice President Global eCommerce Sales (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 19, 2017
Great role in NYC / NJ working on developing strategy to advance the eCommerce channel on a global basis. Partnering with teams for both retail.com and pure play eCommerce teams.
Pros
Team
Productive and Busy Days
Lead material handler (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 17, 2017
I am currently a lead so there are many tasks I have to help with during a day and that makes my day go fast, one thing I enjoy a lot is meeting the deadlines for that day and helping my team to meet theirs. Management could do better when it come to motivating the associates and hiring more temps to be part of the company. In this company I have learned to be more detailed oriented and to operate all the warehouse machinery. good job, good people, I wish my paycheck reflected that.
Pros
Hours, Location
Cons
Low Pay
Very quiet and clean
Battery Changer/ Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  212 Progress Dr Kent, OHJune 14, 2017
Very clean facility. management was a bit too pompous most of the time. however tedious some of the rules to follow might have been, the place was mostly pretty quiet and could be pretty laid back at some times.
Good paying but long hours
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJune 12, 2017
They work long 12 hour shifts without climate control. Summer can be really miserable if you aren't used to working in the heat. The cultural mix of employees I found to be interesting. Always learning new things and meeting interesting people.
Pros
Good mix of people
Cons
Heat in summer.
Very organized and productive. Fun place to work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJune 12, 2017
The people are fun to work with, the work is interesting and easy to do. The place is organized and detailed. This warehouse is large so you're able to find something to do when your department has ran out of work to do. They also have temp agencies posted the as well to help you start working and you can also work there as a permanent worker as well.
Pros
You can leave the premise for lunch break and multiple lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours of work.
Guaranteed 40 hours
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
Management could use some improvement, excellent for those that want job stability and overtime opportunities. ADC recently was contracted out due to inability to manage logistic tasks, not exactly the best for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newell Brands. Our community is ready to answer.