Newell Brands Employee Reviews

Newell
Machine Operator/Packaging/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 23, 2017
Very poor management. Treated people like you are just a number. Never had enough people to run the lines. They didn't care about anyone or never wanted to listen to you. Does not pay the hours you worked.
Pros
Got steak dinner one time.
stressful but fun job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I loved Newell. I had benefits, vacation and cheap insurance. It was stressful sometimes very hard on my body but I sacrificed for my children and I worked overnights from 7 pm-7 am. I liked the time off because we worked 2 days on and 2 days off. I could buy most products at a discount. I worked in a cellular type environment. we pretty much ran it ourselves.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
company closed down
Excellent company
Director of Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Highly competitive CPG company that rewarded performance. Newell is going through a tremendous amount of change due to the recent Jarden acquisition and has gone through a substantial cost cutting exercise.
Pros
quality brands
Cons
A true conglomerate with little corporate identity
Good working enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The company was good to work for. I had just had a son during that time and I was able to leave my job and be a stay at home dad. I liked the company and the hours , benefits provided.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Challenging Environment, Fun and Rewarding
TERRITORY SALES REP (B2B) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
Newell is a top notch company that offers a full range of benefits and opportunity for great career advancement. The sky is the limit and you will be surrounded by talented, inspiring people.
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
Managers that do not inspire, only dole out orders.
good people
Journeyman Mold Maker (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Mold tear down , hot runner repair (moldmaster,dme,universal) mold
polishing, welding repair, bench work, flash repair, mold p.m.'s.
floor calls, machining, rebuild hyd. cylinders (parker,dme).
Pros
good people, pay benefits
Cons
plant closings after bought by newell
Productive fun environment, great for the first time job!
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 11, 2017
Very enjoyable place, very enjoyable people. There's always something to do and the management is laid back so it's just an overall great place for a first time worker.
uncaring management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 10, 2017
The culture has changed over the years. It has become more stressful and management does what it has to do with out looking at the big picture. If you quit or get fired you are replaced by some fresh face out of college who doesn't have a clue as to what is going on.
Benefits
Fun workplace
Field Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Great position to be introduced to sales/marketing functions. Job duties were fun, appropriate and extensive training was given for product line. Recommend this company for employment.
bad
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work if you aren't looking for a career advancement. Terrible management. No air conditioning, not very friendly people, long stressful hours
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
management, air conditioning
Rubbermaid
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, KYSeptember 5, 2017
I worked for Rubbermaid Commercial Products for a wonderful twelve years. I did well year in and year out, winning several awards, and was rep of the year my last year (out of 100+ reps). I couldn't advance because I was unwilling to relocate. I was then offered a great opportunity with Vermop, so I left.
Pros
Fantastic products; great training
Cons
Lots of management turnover; didn't realize if they wanted to be more retail or industrial.
Work
Key Account Manager - NY/NJ (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2017
Newell is an outstanding company constantly adding companies to its portfolio. With Nationwide Name Brands that consumers depend upon makes Newell a valued Vendor.
Distribution Specialist/ Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 4, 2017
don't wish to do so at this time, not appropriate at this time, maybe I don't want to use 150 characters for review....makes no sense to require this
Relaxed and professional environment
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 3, 2017
A typical work day would be reviewing all your projects in the morning , prioritizing. Then simply work on which ever project is next, create a proof and send it the marketing person in charge for review, then on to the next. Its a very professional organized environment.
Learn how to make mops
Doubler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNSeptember 1, 2017
Loved woring there and loved the people that i worked with always had a great time there was times i did not wanna be there but most of the time i loved to be there. Wish i never had to leave
Pros
Had a compney store
Cons
Love the people
good surrounding area to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plastic, COSeptember 1, 2017
It was a very nice place to work and the people was very great to work with. the management was very great in communicating with the floor workers and this made the job easy to do.
Inconsistent in policy and procedure implementation
Material Handler/Online Order Shipping (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 30, 2017
Its a very top down run facility. Management does not listen to associate suggestions and concerns. Safety is second fiddle to production even though they tell you otherwise.
Line worker
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXAugust 30, 2017
A good place to work I met a bunch of good people. I also learned how to stack pallets and wrap pallets. Management was good they worked with you.....
Pros
company lunches and appreciation awards
Cons
they closed down in my area
Could not get hired
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 28, 2017
I worked for Newell Rubbermaid under a temporary basis It takes at least 6 months to get hired if your lucky. I was a forklift operator and enjoyed my work but had no future.
Pros
Room to learn
Cons
No hireing opportunity
I didnt like the job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayville tnAugust 25, 2017
Not enough breaks or enough time on the breaks you get.long hours and not enough compensation for your time. Team leaders and quarterbacks didn't work or help out. They got in the way more than anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newell Brands. Our community is ready to answer.