Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Employer Reviews

clean and well managed
Heavy operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none really
one of the best company's I've ever worked for never would have left if i hadn't had to relocate
great job for the most part
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mogadore OhioJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: all breaks paid, decent benefits
Cons: some personnel in supervisory positions
loading and unloading of trucks, preparing customer orders, stocking product. Operation of forklift. learned to use a hand scanner. Management was average, only problem was certain bosses would not listen to suggestions. Co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of job was dealing with stubborn supervision. Most enjoyable part was going to work , performing my tasks to the best of my ability and working with a great group of co-workers.
Great Company
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: working as a contractor - looing for something to come available
I love the atmosphere here and the people that I work with. I love how you are able to work independently and how there is no micromanaging.
not good
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pay was good but the management is terrible. They have no pride in the product that they sell. Management also believes they own you and don't want you to think for yourself. They also don't care about their people and will downsize in order to make bonus along with fudging the numbers.
hard work, hot conditions, good pay and steady hours
Line Associate/ TA (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, ability to advance
Cons: 12 hour shifts on feet, unbearably hot conditions, hard to work around schedule
the conditions were unbelievably hot with few to no fans, but everything else was very safe. some managers very helpful and some completely unapproachable, just luck of the draw. regardless of manager's personal opinions though it is very easy to advance or change positions within the company. The company store is fantastic. Never a shortage of hours. Very diverse workforce. Hard to have much of a life outside of work though. Shifts are a 2-2-3 set up and 12 hours. makes it hard to set up anything outside of work because you will only have any set day off every 2 weeks.
team players
shipping and receving clerk (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good people/great team work
Cons: not much overtime
a typical day.first they would be shift meeting on what was expected for the day,then we would check over equipment.i enjoyed my job there.
Order Entry Operator (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 30, 2014
horrible place to work
Cycle Counter (Current Employee), Union City, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no off days, horrible management
Worst job i ever had..currently still employed there.just waiting on new year to leave this place.Been here 4 yrs.new management sucks.working 7 dys a week.8 to 10 hrs a day. Cars get broken into on property.management does nothing.They could care less about there employees. .No HR department!!
DON'T APPLY!!
PRODUCTIVE
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHDecember 27, 2014
Pros: lunch parties, benifits
Cons: 12 hour shifts
ONE OF THE BEST FACTORIES I HAVE WORKED AT. ALTHOUGH IT WAS 12 HOUR SHIFTS, THE TIME WENT FAST, STAYED BUSY, WHICH I LIKE TO STAY BUSY.
hard working envirements
forklift (Former Employee), californiaDecember 11, 2014
over packed warehouse dangerous conditions long shifts co workers friendly hardest part of job finding places in warehouse to put packages.
Not a bad place to work
Set-up Technician (Current Employee), Winfield, KSDecember 9, 2014
If you can handle 60 hour weeks and management having you do something just to change there minds the next day,
Enjoyed working with the company.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Maryville, TNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks, great pay
Cons: micro-management
During my employment at Newell Rubbermaid, the hardest part of working in the factory during the summer was the heat. Of course the plant was hot due to the machines, and having to wear the safety equipment meant for our jobs- however, the management did their best to ensure worker safety. They would make sure employees had ample water, frequent cool-down breaks, and on the hottest days, they would bring in industrial fans to create an indoor-breeze.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 18, 2014
I have learned a lot about this company and the work that I was doing. Great company and peers.
Continuous opportunity for full-time employment
Group Leader / Seasonal Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNNovember 17, 2014
The facility is chronically evolving for the sake of efficiency. Close knit work environment. Lots of jobs opportunities upon request.
Growing opportunities
Admin. Assist. Dtor of Sales PR & the Caribbean (Former Employee), Puerto RicoNovember 13, 2014
Excellent place to work, growing opportunities, teamwork
it got my bills paid
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), atlanta gaNovember 13, 2014
it was a ok job but it was temporary work , once job was completed they let go of us
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 7, 2014
we are like a big family here. Love to be about business but a little fun don't hurt
Great brands but culture is declining fast
Sr. Manager Distribution & Transportation (Former Employee), VariousNovember 5, 2014
Pros: peers are amazing to work with
Cons: work life balance & advancement opportunities.
I worked for Newell Rubbermaid nearly 10 years. The people that work there are amazing and what I would consider family. Unfortunately advancement opportunities have decreased dramatically over the passed few years as positions have been eliminated. Recent announcements indicate there is even more to come. They strive to create a "I want to work here culture" but unfortunately the job eliminations have placed an immense pressure on remaining employees as their workload has now doubled. Great brands in which I will always use.
A lot of turnover
Research and Development (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCOctober 18, 2014
I started during a time when there were a lot of shifts going on within the company. A lot of people had been let go and a lot of people were still leaving due to not feeling secure. From what I have heard (and was able to see), this was a common thing within the company. A lot of turnover. There was also an underlying negativity and anger towards having to deal with all of the new people that had filled the positions after the layoffs, which isn't the best experience when you are one of those new people. A lot of people talking about looking for other jobs and taking interviews constantly around the workplace. Just an odd environment overall.

The company does a good job with offering training for employees which was great. HR also does a nice job of trying to boost morale around the workplace through putting on campus events and having giveaways (company products and concert tickets).

It could be a great company, but the culture and the environment are holding it back.
Productive warehouse
Assembler (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2014
Typical day would start off at 5 am we would clock in and had to the floor to receive our assignment and work station for the day. We would learn how to assemble all different types of brooms, mops, deck brushes etc. The hardest part of the job was the early start with the little 15 minute breaks in between but the best part of the job would have to be every Wednesday they would have chik-fil-a come for lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong – Read more