Newell Rubbermaid Employee Reviews in United States

good
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 4, 2016
Packaged plastic parts at a rate of [Number] per hour.
Documented and reported substandard production.
Identified root causes of defects and recommended processing adjustments to eliminate them.
Built and maintained set-up sheets to produce injection molded parts.
Filled out daily log sheets quickly and correctly.
ery
Enjoy all my coworkers and a positive environment for all employees
Machine Operator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 3, 2016
I enjoy training all temporary employees who are new to the company. Providing them with a positive and motivating experience thru training, to ensure them that Newell Rubbermaid is a safe and enjoyable manufacturing environment to work in.
Pros
company provides popcycles during the summer and rewards each shift with pizza when Rate is hit
Cons
no air conditioning, can not leave on breaks
Very Fast and Productive
Yard Hostler/ Stand Up Clamp/ Unloading (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 23, 2016
Very hard work but had a lot of good workers and overall good staff a lot of work to be done but loved the environment over all
Pros
Discounts on products had a store in warehouse
Cons
short Lunch
Pay is decent, management/supervisors, not so much
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 19, 2016
When this company was just Rubbermaid, I loved it. It was a fun, rewarding place to work, with competitive pay and great benefits. Then, Newell took over. The pay didn't move, the benefits were cut, management was more worried about keeping their jobs than they were their employees. They lost good employees, refused to punish/fire bad ones, good employees were told to pick up the other's slack--not a fair place to work.

Finally, things smoothed out some, but management never did get back to the level of care they once showed their employees.

I eventually left this job I once loved because I was tired of doing the job of two people.
Pros
Decent environment, some good co-workers, 15-min breaks, morale (in the beginning)
Cons
Supervisors, sometimes orders not clear
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2016
Job too far from location. Good team environment first real job and co-worker was friendly and willing to assist as much as possible.
Cold
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 15, 2016
You have to have the ability to be able to stand and work in very cold temperatures for a long amount of time. You have to be able to complete several different task on your own during a certain time frame.
Pros
always work to do
Cons
extremely cold
Decent company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 7, 2016
You will be calling on big box stores where your product is already in the stores. Management is ok. Co-workers are fun.

The hardest part of the job is the constant re-arranging of territories.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Territories constantly changing and job security
great place
ast. supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 3, 2016
company current lost contracts to 3 different departments. hours went down and could not guarantee 40 hours a week. other than that was a great place to work.
Pros
free items once a month
Cons
closed
hard word
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
This job appeared to be very bias. If someone didnt like you basically even if it was just personal reasons than your job was not safe. That isn't a good settling feeling and for that reason I would not reccommend it
Pros
work
Cons
no job security
ok place to work
DC Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 19, 2016
When I first started it was a great place to work but after a while the company had a major shake up and change in management and the way things were done and now they have lost most of the full time employee's that had been there a while.
Pros
free turkey at thanksgiving
Cons
very hot in the summer
Poorly staffed, hectic.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 11, 2016
Worked on the assembly line from Jan to March 2016. During some of the worst ice that year, I would get off a twelve hour shift at 6am and see that the parking lot had not been salted or cleared. I would be forced to sleep in my car til day light and dig my car out.

The section I worked in didn't have enough workers, often had to work two lines at once which was hectic and unproductive for both me and the company.

Would not recommend Rubbermaid unless you are desperate for work.
Pros
Paid every week, frequent breaks
Cons
Poor management
Na
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 9, 2016
The job was fairly okay. I sometimes liked the work environment, however, it was a little unorganized at times. The co-workers were great to work with, however, I learned that many didn't show their best interest in helping you.
fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  ogde utahJune 8, 2016
was able to go to school for industrial automation, we have fun activities, good surroundings good loyal people that work here.
Pros
they do free lunches
Cons
insurance could be better.
Fun, fast-paced environment
Global Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Great employees. Fast paced environment but very unorganized and unstable. High turnover with C-suite and executive leaders. Work environment is constantly changing and priorities conflicted.
Pros
Good place for contract work
Cons
Too unstable
A challenging intership that provided ample room to grow my proffesional skills.
Production Supervisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJune 3, 2016
Newell Rubbermaid is a company that challenges and develops their internships to realize their potential. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them and feel much more prepared for a larger role.
Beware!!!
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Mogadore, OHJune 1, 2016
A typical day working for NewellRubbermaid consists of trimming excessive amounts of plastic off of finished products. This is mainly due to their technical staff, which is comprised of uneducated individuals with low I.Q.'s. However, not much smarter are the QC inspectors and line coordinators that try organizing each work station. These individuals are the reason parts and clutter lay on the floor. This is due to their poor organization skills and incompetence in finding unique ways of executing assignments.

Then there are the line workers, which are mostly felons and work release people. NewellRubbermaid receives a huge tax break to employee these guys.

I'm still working here after 10 years. Started out a little over $11/hr and am still making less than $14/hr

Do not apply.
Pros
zero
Cons
Bad quality, careless management
Great work life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
Newell has a great work life balance, and has a lot of great people. There are some really exciting things for the company on the horizon with the recent acquisition of Jardin, a company twice the size of Newell.
Pros
Great work life balance, good people to work with.
Cons
Health benefits are pretty poor
Terrible for your health. Run far, far away from this factory!!
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 22, 2016
I've been working here for about six months now, and I haven't felt worse mentally or physically in my entire life. They start you off with promises of safety and how people will help you and how if you physically can't do a job, let someone know and you'd be switched. They harp on ergonomics and safe lifting techniques, but on the floor? All that goes out the window. Floor people don't care if you are like me and literally too short to reach into boxes sometimes. I'm short, but I'm certainly not outrageously so! The majority of people are over 5'8", yet lack the ability to understand that shorter people have shorter arms! It's not for a lack of strength either.

There are cliques here too. If you're not among them you'll have people telling others not to help you even if you're trying your hardest to get things done.

Not to mention advancing can be rather sexist. I tried to apply to become a floor tech but everyone was telling me not to because it was a 'bad path,' yet when I talked to one of the female supervisors she seemed alarmed that my male supervisors were telling me this. She said there was no reason she was aware of that I shouldn't try.

This job is literally breaking down my body because of how many hours I have to work just to get a proper living wage. I have to work 50+ hours each week. I'm taking vitamins, I'm taking protein, I'm trying to get as much sleep as I can... I'm doing everything I can to keep my body functioning, but because of people not caring about how the human body has actual limitations I come home every day mentally and physically miserable.
  more...

Nobody here cares about you. They care about mindless slaves and profit.
Pros
None. Not even overtime because that's getting cut!!
Cons
Everything.
Work Exiperience
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 17, 2016
Worked in inventory control. Learned aow to operate the RF unit and to operate a cherry picker, fork lift. Became proficient in inventory control.
Pros
a job
Cons
Bad management
Easy to succeed
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 12, 2016
If you work hard and do what is right you get what you put in. The workforce is easy to get along with. Supervisor are able to work with you.
Pros
Easy to work.
Cons
Long work days, medical insurance not so great