Newell Rubbermaid

Newell Rubbermaid Employee Reviews

Inconsistency
Consumer Care Rep (Former Employee), High Point NCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Inconsistent management
Environment consistently changing, management does not have insight as to managing the daily changes. Unable to provide product to consumers as warehouse is constantly "out of stock"
Pleasant place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHAugust 22, 2015
Pros: free pans
Cons: pay
Fast paced, low pay, management act like they care about you but really don't support you when you need them the most. very high turnover rate
Great people, easy jobs.
Handpack, machine operator (Former Employee), MaryvilleAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Drinks and food is cheap, Benefits if hired (401k healthcare etc), always a food serving truck outside, great management
Cons: breaks feel short, have to walk all the way to the back of the building to smoke, 95+ Degrees always, really cold in winter, takes a long time to get hired
Well, job security is not very good. If your hired on your completely good and set for life basically. I have had people (family friends), work there for 10+ years. I only lasted 8 weeks. Not entirely sure why I was let go.
Forlift/Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee), Winfield, KSAugust 17, 2015
Pros: 12 hour rotating shifts
Cons: Heat
Great place to work if you don't mind 12 hr rotating shifts. Rotating shifts allow perfect balance between work and life outside of work. Wages are fair for the position. Extremely hot during the summer though.
i would like another chance at RubberMaid, my past is my past
Molder Machine Tender (Former Employee), Maryville, TNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: RubberMaid was a good place to work, no complaints
Cons: personal my only problem was being judged on my past and not on my performance
i enjoyed working at Rubbermaid most people treated me like i was part of the family, how ever i was judged for something i had no control over that happened in my past. and then told i was not RubberMaid materal, then releasted from by job.
Line
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2015
LINE is making sure everything is in working condition and not melting the product and keeping the product coming in the way it needs to
Friendly and motivational organization.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 3, 2015
Fun work place with a good benefits.
Provided with constructional criticism to help improve your personal growth and development.
It is a fair company to work for.
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Mogadore, OHJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: !2 hr. shifts, any where from five to seven days in a row. Some overtime is mandatory as needed.
Sign out forklift, supply pallets to locations retrieve orders from computer screen, stock raw and finished goods, scan bar codes. I have learned the importance of team work. Management has a job to perform, we are directed by management to meet the performance requirement for a successful company. My co-workers are everyday people dealing with challenges on a daily basis, trying not to let outside challenges affect job performance. The hardest part of the job is accurate communication. I enjoy meeting new people, tackling new challenges as a team. Having a job I can give 100% to. I have always believed that if a person wants 100% of their pay, they must give 100% of their time while on the clock.
Newell trying....
Engineer (Current Employee), HunstersvilleJuly 30, 2015
Pros: People who stayed are great team members
Cons: VERY limited advancement opportunities for anyone in Engineering.
The company is trying to sort itself out...Transitioning from holding company to operating company is going to create transitional challenges.

This is a marketing led company, so sound engineering is going to take a back seat until higher ups realize that isn't a great idea.

Engineers are seldom, if ever promoted. While marketing personnel march up the ladder, and they wonder why they have so many quality problems.
Solid place to work but not focused in technology
Clinical Territory Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
overall, Newell Rubbermaid is a solid employer with a good compensation package and average benefits. The only issue I have is they are not focused in healthcare specific to technology. Our division is currently in the process of being sold.
Productive work place that requires you to follow S.E.A.L
Line associate (Former Employee), Mogadore , OhJuly 29, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks, and the heat
Arriving at work was always a jittering feeling. I was always anxious to see what my work had set out for me. I learned how to torch plastic bowls , and trim trash cans. I enjoyed applying the labels to the product that seem like my most easiest job. The difficult part about work was working in the heat and stacking the trash cans to a certain height. With my size that seem like my most hardest job. My co- workers were always a good help when it came to showing me the different techniques. The management was always in good sight , always made sure we were work ready .
No Longer Happy
CSS (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Lack of Management, Constant Change
To much change happening constantly to where there is no stability in the direction of the company. Company has turned to a consumer focused business thus throwing customer service to the back burner. Just announced another $150m in budget cuts again before 2017. Change is inevitable --- but too much change, constantly, only hurts morale. HQ is trying to provide an Ï want to Work Here attitude but it's failing miserably. My suggestion to anyone would be to get out as quickly as possible.
Not well organized or stuctured. There was not a lot of support to help you achieve your targets. We would go weeks with out knowing our stats.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 23, 2015
We were laid off for a lack off good management. The company is not structured as well as some of the other places I worked for.
Productive and fun work environment
Rubbermaid Account Service Representative (Current Employee), High Point, NCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: cake day, team pot lucks and raffles. very flexible team atmosphere
Cons: compliacnce system isn't as accurate, the normal amount of policy and procudure you would find with any company.
A typical day is full of problem solving and excitement. I answer phone calls and emails to assist distributors with product questions, warrant defects, placing and editing orders and assisting customers with their account details. The company provided a lot a room for growth and I enjoyed learning all the little behind the scene details of how the stock brands and the DC's interact.

The management was friendly and easy to talk to; they were very present in the best of ways to back up their team with support.
The hardest part was of course unhappy customers; its always hard when they are upset and don't understand why things can't just happen overnight and its frustrating because you want to make them happy. But my favorite part of this job was getting those difficult customer to call in they are confident in you and your abilities and they ask for you by name!
Going through Bumps, but starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Manager (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible work arrangement
Cons: culture is a bit tough right now
There have been a lot of changes at NR over the last few years, but things are starting to settle down. The culture has changed drastically but corporate is attacking the issue head on and taking the opportunity to lead a new culture and develop an "I want to work here" culture and attitude. The hardest part of the job is training all the new hires and working through the expected bumps that occur when new people are learning their job. The best part of the job is being a part of something so big, and getting to say, "yeah, I worked on that project".
and fun day
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHJuly 14, 2015
the rubber maid company cares about there workers. the staff is wonderful and very kind to costumers. it's a very good place to work
Great Brands
HR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Facility, work/life balance
Cons: Leadership team
There's many draws to working for Newell Rubbermaid. The people, facility and the brands are great. Over the last few years the dynamic has really changed though. HR is in a very bad spot and executives only care about driving shareholder value up right now instead of fixing the moral inside the company.
Newell Rubbermaid is a great place to work.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Newell especially when I was in Marketing, and I would still be there if my position did not move out of state.
work like a dog
Forklift driver (Former Employee), victorville , caJune 25, 2015
Pros: fun staff
Cons: short breaks
walk in clock into work wait for supervisors to come say what needs to be done and any other work related business then we all go to work i hopped on a forklift and did my job

i learned how to use and rf gun and input data

management was pretty solid just watched over and see what we did made sure we did our job

co-workers fun to talk to and really nice and like to joke a lot

hardest part of a job was loading a trailer to me but it was pretty simple to me just time consuming

enjoyable part of the job joking around with other workers
production lines
Team Leader (Former Employee), Mogadore, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: nice company to work for
Cons: none
A typical day assign duties making sure everyone knows what they are doing for the first 6hrs of the shift. Going around on the line talking to the employees making sure they was okay and if they needed anything. If they needed to leave the line I would take their place on the line until they get back.
Headquarters