Newfield Exploration Employee Reviews

Could be a fun place to work
Office Services Assistant/Office Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Newfield is fast paced sometimes a little too fast paced. The one thing that you could count on is that you planned for something and it never went that way. It's hard to get people to understand this both inside and outside of the company. People are sometimes clueless to this even after the fact that they have been there, they would rather focus on the next job not on the job that they currently have and could do and be better at
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Too fast paced, too many people that are sensitive
Excellent Management
LEASE ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
Working at Newfield Exploration Company was an amazing experience. The culture was very balanced, the pay was amazing, and they offered a great work life balance atmosphere.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
No cons.
Great company
Completions Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTSeptember 8, 2017
I was laid off in 2015 due to a down turn in the industry. I wish I was still with Newfield as they were an excellent company to work for.
I was actually utilizing my skills at a much higher level than I currently am.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours
productve work place
Lease operator (Current Employee) –  sidney mtAugust 29, 2017
like working the schedule 8 on 6 off. like working by myself. cant say anything bad about the company. they provide your clothing, truck ect. All around great company to work for
Pros
Company truck
Cons
long days
micro management
FACILITIES FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTAugust 25, 2017
your just a number, they don't recognize you for anything positive, just only the negatives. They only promote friends and family to management positions.
Great job but was placed into a night shift and that has been hard
Water Truck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Myton, UTAugust 21, 2017
I use to love my job but have been placed on the night shift for almost 3 years now and it has been a rough schedule and I dont see any opertunity any time soon to be given a day schedule again.
Fun times
Operations Geologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2017
Nice place to work. Management is very knowledgable and human relations is very responsive to employee needs. Overall, a very nice working environment.
Great Place To work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 26, 2017
Honestly I have worked at 7 major companies(consulting) and can say Newfield is by far the best place to work from my experience.

Great people that and great atmosphere.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. People are very nice.
Cons
The downturn hasn't been fun but we have faired well.
Great company to work for!!
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 14, 2017
Great group of people to work with. Flexible work schedule. Company cares about their employees. Company is employee oriented. Very enjoyable place to work.
very demanding oil and gas company
Field Admin II (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 29, 2017
very demanding job required long hours and even from home and days off. job was enjoyabale and interesting i loved going to work just no time for family time
Pros
pay
Cons
no time off
Good benefits
Land Administration Associate / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Really enjoyed working here. Good benefits, great paid vacation time, good holiday pay. Great balance of work and home life. My particular manager was amazing.
Newfield Review
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Most days started out with early morning meetings. Usually tied up in some kind of meetings about 40% of the day, whether it be team meetings, individual meetings with production or drilling. I learned a lot from the engineers, especially the older more experienced engineers. They took the time to teach and show you why we were doing things a certain way, and how it's done. This made for a better understanding of my job. Management is passive aggressive, they are hard on the workers that work very hard and extremely lax on the ones that do not. I was constantly road by my manager there to get more things done. I was working the load of 3 people and was on call 24/7. Most of my co-workers were self sufficient and we worked very well as a team. There were a few we had to pull the load for and management was aware. The Hardest part of the job was wanting to get everything you had planned done by the end of the day, which never happened. I was always taking work home. I loved what I did, and most of the people I worked with. It was fantastic being a part of something from the ground up and see it come to fruition.
Newfield Exploration
Sr. HBRP (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2016
Newfield strives to be the best and hire the best. It is a company that values its employees and is an industry leader in the oil and gas sector.
Incredible place to work, too bad it's closing in Tulsa, OK
HR Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 6, 2016
Newfield Exploration Tulsa was an amazing place to work. The people are it's greatest asset and made everyday fun. The work was challenging and every day was different. Work hard, play hard and be rewarded at the end of each year. I will miss the company and my coworkers.
Pros
People, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not headquartered where I live
Team Oriented
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 6, 2016
Oil and Gas Company team oriented. This company is relocating to Houston Woodlands area. My co-workers are the best around. I enjoy working closely within my team.
Good benifits
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myton, UTAugust 17, 2016
Good place to work as long as the oil prices stay up. Most people were very friendly. Matching up to 8% with 401K. Ability to buy company stock at a reduced price.
Pros
bonus
Enjoyed
IT Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2016
Enjoyed the company, and was grateful for the opportunities that were presented to me.The industry presented challenges for newfield and left the commercial side of the business short handed.
Productive, no job security
Geoscientist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tula, OKMay 7, 2016
Good Pay. Difficult work and life balance ratio. I'm not sure if I would work here again. The oil and gas industry is difficult because jobs are based on commodities prices.
Great company with an eye for talent and good family values
Oil Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTApril 10, 2016
I was always eager to return to work after days off. My co-workers were like a family. There was always support and mentoring whenever needed. Continuing to grow and improve oneself was highly encouraged. Whenever possible Newfield would supply the opportunities for growth themselves.
Pros
Benifits and work schedule
Cons
Company is beginning to lose that "team" aspect that attracted me in the first place
Great Culture
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
In the position of Office Services Assistant, I was able to work with the entire office in one form or another, as well as other business units. I learned a lot while there. We set up meetings, ordered lunches, ordered supplies, and filled the needs of the various employees.
Pros
Great culture, free lunches, lots to do, great benefits
Cons
Lots of meetings