Newfield Exploration Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, no job security
Geoscientist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tula, OKMay 7, 2016
Good Pay. Difficult work and life balance ratio. I'm not sure if I would work here again. The oil and gas industry is difficult because jobs are based on commodities prices.
Great company with an eye for talent and good family values
Oil Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTApril 10, 2016
I was always eager to return to work after days off. My co-workers were like a family. There was always support and mentoring whenever needed. Continuing to grow and improve oneself was highly encouraged. Whenever possible Newfield would supply the opportunities for growth themselves.
Pros
Benifits and work schedule
Cons
Company is beginning to lose that "team" aspect that attracted me in the first place
Great Culture
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
In the position of Office Services Assistant, I was able to work with the entire office in one form or another, as well as other business units. I learned a lot while there. We set up meetings, ordered lunches, ordered supplies, and filled the needs of the various employees.
Pros
Great culture, free lunches, lots to do, great benefits
Cons
Lots of meetings
Productive and Respectable place to work
Field Mechanic/Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTFebruary 15, 2016
had company vehicle for personal use go out into the oil fields with little supervision and performed routine maintenance and small repairs of pump jacks and other oil field equipment. I worked 4 -10 hour days a week and had every weekend off, every other weekend was a 4 day weekend
Pros
hours, pay, benifits, vacation days, Pto days, year end bonuses
Cons
never knowing how long the oil field economy would survive
Good company, good benefits
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2016
For a smaller E&P company, this was a decent place to work and had many good benefits. Too many layers of management developed over time, which was one big complaint toward the end of my time there.
Newfield
Revenue Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 31, 2015
This company has an objective to succeed. They are determined to find what ever it takes to make sure that the company and the investors are successful.
fast paced workplace
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2015
•Maintained and utilized company database (Live-link) to obtain and send requested company records such as land, lease, engineering, and division order records to internal clients.
•Assisted in large company divestitures by prepping files to be sold both physically and electronically.
•Assisted in preparing documents for internal clients in a timely order.
•Additional miscellaneous office duties.
Good place to work, fun good fellow employees
pumper/lease operator (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTFebruary 23, 2015
My day would start with a tailgate meeting with all other lease operators in my group. Then I would go to the field. Pump approximately 15 wells per day. Make sure the pumping units were operating good, gauge and drain tanks when necessary. My co-worlers were great. always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job was the schedule. able to be home in the evenings with my family.
Good company
Floor Hand and Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Myton, UTJanuary 29, 2015
Good company to work for with great benefits. They treat their employees well and create a good work environment.
Lots of politics, turnover, and underqualified management
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2015
Get in with the right people and you will do well. Politics plays a big role here. Lots of young technical staff, and a lack of experienced personnel to mentor. A constant state of turnover has lead to under qualified people in leadership/management roles.
benefits
Cons
favoritism, lack of experience in technical roles
Company is Awesome
Wellview Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 30, 2014
The job is perfect and people are willing to teach you and help you get it done. Always use your resources when you don't understand something.
Pros
good benefits, great pay, great work environment
Cons
just a long commute from my house
I enjoyed its
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2013
I would get up and get on the boat and go out in the field to check on all the platforms that I was responsible for. If the monthly BSEE testing was due I would do it. I learned a lot about monthly BSEE testing and well testing. I had good management at this job with communication. I liked all the guys that I rode the boat with and did all the monthly BSEE testing. The hardest part was getting to the platforms in the winter because of no helicopter, we had to boat and it would get rough.
Pros
i liked being in charge of the field platforms
Cons
riding boat in rough seas.
The company's drilling department is aggressive in their drive to continually improve in their efforts to drill wells better.
Consultant Drilling Foreman (Former Employee) –  Woodford Shale OklahomaSeptember 26, 2013
I briefly worked for Newfield as a consultant ... for less than a year. Rig operations and foremen are supervised by (and assisted when needed!!!) mobile drilling superintendents in the field and dedicated drilling engineers in the regional office. They have two foreman on most rigs and have shared rig clerks to help with the IT and clerical workload on the location. I found the working experience personally rewarding.
Pros
strong technical group with a small company culture.
Cons
limited opportunity to work in different fields and areas, and downsizing risk during potential rig reductions.
Very helpful project
capstone project (Former Employee) –  University Park, PAJune 25, 2013
It helped me gain the knowledge, critical thinking and focus I needed in order to sustain the job and do it well and team work
Productive, fast paced, teamwork oriented
HR Lead (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTJune 25, 2013
Newfield is a great Exploration and Production Company. There is a push to increase efforts to be more competitive and grow the company. They have great benefits and work to develop there employees with their realm of expertise to prepare them for other opportunities when possible. The challenges are staying ahead of the new laws and obstacles placed infront of every oil and gas company through state and federal regulation. The people are what the make the job enjoyable and push you to improve service, processes, procedures, or training.
Pros
great benefits, strong team
Cons
lacks clear direction of where it is going.
People are outstanding and caring. They treat each other like family.
Materials Tech. (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 14, 2013
I help track equipment movement from well to well, yard to well, well to yard. Also help with inventories on well sites, yards, pipe yards.
Do data entry. Scan paperwork into Livelink, move emails to Livelink.
Any other duties that are needed. I have worked in the Central File Room: helping with incoming and outgoing mail, helped to start the scanning process in the file room; worked in Accounts Payable; entered invoices into Oracle.
Pros
recoginize your work and what you bring to the company.
Awesome company
Geologic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2013
Great working environment! enjoyed my consulting work with them! great company and people!
Good working codictions
Drill Site Supervisor- Co. Man (Former Employee) –  Western OklahomaOctober 5, 2012
Good to work for, exellent working environment. Britt Ranch area difficult to drill but if we cancentrate we can do it very successfully.
Pros
good payment
Good employer, much upcoming change
Materials Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2012
good employer, good benefits, much room for advancement if you are an engineer
Please see resume
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2012
This was a great company to work for. The company valued each employee individually and as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newfield Exploration. Our community is ready to answer.

Newfield Exploration Reviews by Location