Newman Regional Health

Newman Regional Health Employer Reviews

Great venue for cross training
Radiologic Technologist/Assistant Director (Former Employee), Emporia, KSNovember 19, 2012
Was able to cross train in CT and Nuclear Medicine, plus given my first opportunity to supervise.
Undergoing much change due to financial issues and changes in pt care model
LPN (Former Employee), Emporia, KSMay 10, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of professional dept management
Worked there for 25plus years in the nursing dept and was told I was no longer a good fit for the hospital.
They are struggling , bleeding red every year. They are a small county hospital. They are grasping at anything to bring in revenue.

In nursing there is a lack of appropriate nursing management. The CNO wants an all RN care model with no LPNs and very few nurses aides. Consequently there is a high number of patients assigned to each nurse. You cannot count on backup help when slammed with admissions or emergencies.

One of the worst problems I encountered there as a staff member was that the manangement DID NOT uphold the dept personnel policies, ie. tardiness, absentism, harassment by a coworker and no consistencies in work expectation of ALL team members. Staff are allowed to remain employed who do not meet the basic outlines in there job descriptions. The workplace enviornment became very stressful and unpleasant.

My last comment is regarding department directors. They have many depts under their care making it difficult for them to direct their attention to any one area. My department director was freq absent, kept no secret and kept an employee who "should have been fired " but just couldn't due to a difficult upbringing and personal life. She did not inspire staff to be good team members and co-workers.

The benefits are pretty standard for a hospital. The head of Human Resources and the staff are great to have dealings with.

I loved what I did there for so many years. I am sad to see what is happening there now.
Fun place to work, friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Emporia, KSMarch 22, 2012
Pros: great boss, lots of friends
Hospital is focused on quality patient care, patient privacy, employee satisfaction and retention.