NEWMAN TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

All drama even the supervisors get in to it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALApril 30, 2017
They never put you where they hire you for. They all spread rumors and the supers are in on it too making the women working there very uncomfortable.
Great place to work, just looking for management position
Tool and Die Maker/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALJanuary 8, 2017
Relocated to Alabama from Ohio to work in Management. Hasn't worked out yet so decided to start looking around area for other management opportunities.
Overall good place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALOctober 18, 2016
Typical day is busy production based. Inexperienced Management. You work with a majority of temp workers and there is a large turnover. Policies frequently ignored to meet management needs.
Benefits
Great place to work at.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 30, 2016
Always fun go work and come home happy not stressful job and co workers were excellent work with. Did about 6 trucks a day. It was clean place to work in at certain areas.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Got laid off
organizing is bad off, they don't know how to run the place, and they could care less about you
Associate (Former Employee) –  Albertville, AL 35951June 3, 2016
I had to stay out for my newborn because he kept getting sick and had to be taking to stay in children' hospital and they counted it against me. They also have no common sense for keeping stuff organized or preventing unnecessary overtime.
Pros
insurance
Cons
to many to name
Honda parts prodution
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work fro me was i was always being moved to different department so I learned multiple jobs.
I learned multiple jobs as in the line prodution and the Material Handling (Forklift) jobs.
Management was good people they would be there when needed as well as make sure everything was running smoothly.
my coworkers was good people they would all work as a team just as any place should.
The hardest part of the job was learning the layout of the product as far as placement for forklift operator.
The most enjoyable part for me was the coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Easy simple job fast paced
very productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 19, 2016
I learned to be proactive, teamplayer communicator responsible,and well organized and follow all safety rulesevery
Pros
had every weekend off
Cons
breaks was short
Great productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 30, 2015
Running a welding machine
Learned how to use a welding kit
best management i ever had
Co-workers were the best ive worked with
after parts weld they were very hot.
Using weld machine
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very hot
Great Contract
HR Generalist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 31, 2015
Newman Technologies provided insight to a manufacturing environment and hiring challenges. Handled resume reviewing, job postings, orientations, drug testing, training and payroll. Great contractual position and enjoyed all aspects of this position.
Pros
environment and colleagues
Cons
short term contract
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 4, 2014
We learned how to work as a team. We accomplished creating car parts by working together.

Want to know more about NEWMAN TECHNOLOGY?

Ask a question
Newman Tech
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALAugust 4, 2014
My time spent at Newman Tech was time well spent! The facilities were new so it was a nice, climate controlled environment with easy access to facilities such as exits, restrooms and the break room. The majority of office and floor management were great to work with, especially HR and the Plant President who always went out of their way to say hello on a daily basis. The work was quick paced but not difficult though the training process was a little lacking. My one gripe from my experience was that some safety training and features were lacking but this was being resolved as time went on. I feel Newman is a good place to work with great people for the most part and If I had stayed in the state of Alabama I would have continued my employment with the company.
Pros
Nice facility, Easy work, Good people.
Cons
Lack of training, Needs higher pay rate.
productive.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 13, 2014
Fun,how to cook different dishes,co-worker's are fun,the hardest par was the mgr.never really spoke to us unless she needed something.the most enjoyable part is to know our customer's were happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 min break
its an ok place
Team Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALJune 4, 2014
sitting waiting on maintence also upper level mangement is poor...
Pros
meeting new ppl
Cons
job security
review
Evaluator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 22, 2014
Produce parts for shipment. Sometimes with limited resources.
Pros
good employees
Cons
poor planinng
Good plant to learn different skills
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 10, 2014
its a good way to learn different skills. Probably not a good long term job choice.
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
Freindly environment and good pay
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 3, 2014
Overall, I enjoyed the challenges of working for this company. The vast majority of the employees were hard working and efficient. I did have the opportunity to learn to operate many different machines. Most of the employees were very friendly and had good attitudes. There was a consistent problem with running out of parts needed to make production quotas. This , of course led to workers needing to be moved frequently, excessive overtime to catch up when the parts came in, workers coming in at 4:00am only to stand around because there were no parts to work with. This, along with other problems at the plant, eventually led to lost contracts, due to late shipments, and most of the plant being laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of the fast pace and attention to detail needed to make production quotas. The pay was also good.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly People
Cons
Last minute schedual changes
productive place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 29, 2013
My work day started at 4am every morning. We had a meeting every morning. I learned how to do multiple things at one time. The management at Newman was great. My co-workers were awesome. We had fun while getting the job done. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off.
Pros
Learning new things.
Cons
short breaks
Nice company to work for.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 26, 2013
For now there is no job security there. They are laying off worker permanent.
good place good hours to work
Inspector/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 26, 2013
steady work environment excercise before we start work daily do machine work sheet for all machines load up work station reset counters make sure that every thing is in order safely and make sure machine is on start ruinig parts that when you also work together as a team nobody works hard when you help each other out management is always watching making sure associates are doing there job co workers i enjoy working with we help each other good to get along with the hardest part well is when machine breaks down and we got to try to get those numbers most enjoyable is going home
Nice place to work
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 31, 2013
This company is a very nice company to work for. Came in did my job. Learn that when I started they had just received an award. The co-workers were very nice and I enjoyed being part of a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEWMAN TECHNOLOGY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9