NEWMAN TECHNOLOGY

NEWMAN TECHNOLOGY United States Employee Reviews

Newman Tech
Line Technician (Former Employee), Albertville, ALAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nice facility, easy work, good people.
Cons: lack of training, needs higher pay rate.
My time spent at Newman Tech was time well spent! The facilities were new so it was a nice, climate controlled environment with easy access to facilities such as exits, restrooms and the break room. The majority of office and floor management were great to work with, especially HR and the Plant President who always went out of their way to say hello on a daily basis. The work was quick paced but not difficult though the training process was a little lacking. My one gripe from my experience was that some safety training and features were lacking but this was being resolved as time went on. I feel Newman is a good place to work with great people for the most part and If I had stayed in the state of Alabama I would have continued my employment with the company.
productive.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 min break
Fun,how to cook different dishes,co-worker's are fun,the hardest par was the mgr.never really spoke to us unless she needed something.the most enjoyable part is to know our customer's were happy.
its an ok place
Team Support Specialist (Former Employee), Albertville, ALJune 4, 2014
Pros: meeting new ppl
Cons: job security
sitting waiting on maintence also upper level mangement is poor...
review
Evaluator/Inspector (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: poor planinng
Produce parts for shipment. Sometimes with limited resources.
Good plant to learn different skills
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: poor management
its a good way to learn different skills. Probably not a good long term job choice.
Freindly environment and good pay
Production Associate (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly people
Cons: last minute schedual changes
Overall, I enjoyed the challenges of working for this company. The vast majority of the employees were hard working and efficient. I did have the opportunity to learn to operate many different machines. Most of the employees were very friendly and had good attitudes. There was a consistent problem with running out of parts needed to make production quotas. This , of course led to workers needing to be moved frequently, excessive overtime to catch up when the parts came in, workers coming in at 4:00am only to stand around because there were no parts to work with. This, along with other problems at the plant, eventually led to lost contracts, due to late shipments, and most of the plant being laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of the fast pace and attention to detail needed to make production quotas. The pay was also good.
productive place
Production Worker (Former Employee), Aiken, SCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: learning new things.
Cons: short breaks
My work day started at 4am every morning. We had a meeting every morning. I learned how to do multiple things at one time. The management at Newman was great. My co-workers were awesome. We had fun while getting the job done. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off.
Nice company to work for.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 26, 2013
For now there is no job security there. They are laying off worker permanent.
good place good hours to work
Inspector/Assembly (Current Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 26, 2013
steady work environment excercise before we start work daily do machine work sheet for all machines load up work station reset counters make sure that every thing is in order safely and make sure machine is on start ruinig parts that when you also work together as a team nobody works hard when you help each other out management is always watching making sure associates are doing there job co workers i enjoy working with we help each other good to get along with the hardest part well is when machine breaks down and we got to try to get those numbers most enjoyable is going home
Nice place to work
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 31, 2013
This company is a very nice company to work for. Came in did my job. Learn that when I started they had just received an award. The co-workers were very nice and I enjoyed being part of a team.
Newman Technology
Machinist (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJune 14, 2013
Cons: breaks & lunches!
Worked a good day, I learned how to use a bending machine to make car parts.

Management were great to get along with.
Co-workers were always there to help, and if anyone needed help I helped them as well.

The job was definitely a challenge, Nothing really hard about it if you have a great attitude and willing to work.

I enjoyed my job there was nothing boring about it!
managers no communication
PA (Former Employee), AikenMay 7, 2013
Pros: overtime if you want it.
Cons: not organized
Managers have no communication. Always repeat problemswith quality of products. No advancing , they don't listen and use advice on improvements from within the company. Not organized at all.
Industrial Plant
industrial Repair Welder (Former Employee), Aiken, SCFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brakes
Working different set of lines full of production learn in a fast pace duty to get numbers. Some of the management and co- workers I knew growing up help me through a day until I handle it myself.I don't think I had tha hardest part of the job is was too basic. My job was repairing models with MIG welds.
Blah
Labor (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJanuary 23, 2013
Worked there 8 years and the company threw me under the bus. Never had problem with attendance been on time.
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee), Aiken, SCDecember 13, 2012
Newman was a good company to work for as far as regular associates,but management was unprofessional!
Don't Ever Work At Newman Tech.....
Temp (Current Employee), Mansfield, OhioNovember 25, 2012
There are people that has worked here for 3 to 5 years and are still not permanently hired. The most you can make as an temp employee is $10.00 hr. No Benefits, No Holiday Pay, Nothing....
For Holiday Pay or Bonus - The Temp Agency (My Town Partners) gets holiday pay and bonus and keeps it for themselves. I asked the question, "What am i going to do for the Thanksgiving and Christmas shutdown?" I was told to file for unemployment....
No advancement no matter how long you have been there
Forklift Operator, Material Handling (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHOctober 22, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: no advancement if you dont know the right people.
I had been working here almost three yrs, seen people come and go and i had been looked over several times. While I watched people get hired in, I was told to just hold on its coming and It never did. They let me go because i made the comment, " they change things everyday". which they did. I never missed any days of work and came to work ready to do my job.
If money is all you want
full time welder, inspector (Former Employee), Aiken,south carolinaSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: money
Cons: lack of communication
It is a typical.if you are looking for a job that doesnt care about you having a life outside of work this is the place to be.i dont fel as if this a place for an family man.the lack of communication is the worst i have ever seen.i dont recomend it to anyone.
I love working a this place, im sorry i move
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 10, 2012
Pros: we have party on every holiday and great healtcare
Cons: no
this place I love it, we made honda parts for car's some time we work 12hours a day or 10 hours hardest part about we have to stand all those hours Put i love it .co worker team work,great management and great healtcare
I LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJune 5, 2012
Pros: great co-working teams
Cons: bad managment
I WAS A TEAM LEADER,WELDER, ROBOT PROGRAMMER,& SHIPMENT PLANNER.