Newmark Grubb Knight Frank

Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Employee Reviews

The work place is great because it is very professional and very team oriented
Executive Assistant to Senior Broker (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work is maintaining and keeping track of my executive's day to day responsibilities, as well as being an excellent gatekeeper. I work in a very professional team enviroment and offer assistance to a top senior Executive Assistant and assist a Senior Commercial Real Estate Broker.
Big company - small feel
Property Manager Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Temp employee. Very much enjoyed my time. Gave me room to use my skills even though I was new as well as grow my skillset. Very supportive manager,

Management - overall - needs to work on communication and implementation of new products.
Great Company, Growing Fast!
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CaMay 27, 2015
With any growing company, you are constantly moving in different directions and flexibility is a must! There is plenty of opportunity to learn new aspects of your day to day job.
Great company to work for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches weekly, growth opportunity, great atmostphere
Cons: Contracted
Working with Newmark Grubb Knight has been a great experience. I have been given the opportunity to grow within the company and develop my skills.

However, being that the Human Resources and Payroll was housed in another state, conducting personnel buisness was a challenge.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
In the last ten plus (10+) years as an assistant, three (3) of which have been serving Senior Executive-level officers, I have developed the skills that ensure the highest level of competence, time management and confidentiality. Having worked in an Executive Corporate office, I have a vast understanding of the importance in acting as a liaison allowing for the Executives’ time to be maximized as well as assisting in any way I can in order to reach the Company/Executives’ goals.
Allow me to highlight my strengths:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) as well as various database applications and the internet.
• Experienced in bookkeeping, billing, payroll systems, requisitions, AP/AR, etc.
• Exceptional level of professionalism and award-recognized level of service to customers and internal colleagues.
• Unsurpassed organizational and streamlining skills as well as time management skills.
Although you will notice my current place of employment is in New York, however as of
May 1st, 2015 I will have relocated to the South Florida, Broward County area to reside permanently with my family.
Strong Support of Unethical Behavior
Regional Management (Current Employee), OfficeApril 24, 2015
Pros: leaving daily
Cons: S.S.D.D = Same S&#* Different Day!
Company supports unethical behavior of upper Mgmt such as EMD, & when it's brought to HR attention, excuses are the answer thereby placing them, HR, in the same boat...
Daily swearing, bullying, intimidation & purpose driven negativity!!
Retaliatory Results when issues are brought to the TOP!!!

These are "FACTS" & NOT opinions!!!

May 11, 2015

RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THE ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR!!!

Excellent place to work, great Management
Accounting Associate II (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: contract job
Essential Job Duties:
1. Verifies validity of the receipt of goods or the satisfactorily completion of services for all A/P invoices submitted for payment. Prepares A/P invoices for payment while ensuring compliance with company established accounting policies and procedures. Assigns payment dates and coordinates payment schedule for weekly A/P processing. Submits processed A/P invoices to SFM for final review and approval. Prepares/Verifies A/P month end accrual, submits completed accrual to the Property Accountant for final review and data entry.
2. Responsible for coordinating with Vendors to receive emailed invoices for printing and processing. Responsible for coordinating with Vendors to set up online accounts for printing and processing invoices. Generates/Maintains/Prints/Verifies/Processes invoices relating to NGKF business.
3. Responsible for processing purchase orders, and assisting with other procurement duties as needed when the Buyer is out of the office.
4. Responsible for creating/maintaining/verifying many spreadsheets: Energy Report - (linked document updates, utility usage entry, Occupant reporting), Annual PO usage log (tracks payments on annual PO’s), Environmental Report - (tracks all spending on environmental related purchases), Container Reconciliation, Chemtreat Contract Chemical Usage Reconciliation, Corrections to Invoices report - (cost avoidance tracking), Legal Invoices report - (complete invoice description/costs are documented & reported to MO), Daily Mail Log, Electric & Gas Trending Reports, Month End A/P Accrual, Separation of Duties Matrix, – more... Battery Core Asset Tracking, Saguaro Waste Removal summary, Electric & Gas bill Verification Reports, Purchase Order Log A/P payment updates (weekly), Use/Sales Tax Report.
5. Responsible for creating/maintaining accurate and orderly accounting file systems and related documentation.
6. Interact/assist with various NGKF departments in regards to accounting issues and other issues as needed.
7. Responsible for creating/coordinating/maintaining the Monthly Business Review Book
8. Responsible for generating separate reports from the Energy Report, and issuing the documents to the Occupants in a timely manner after review by the PE and SFM and written approval from the SFM to release the reports to the Occupants has been received. These reports are the basis of the quarterly utility reconciliation, and subsequent debits/credit to our Occupants.
9. Maintaining the phone/contact directory, and issuing the revised directory to all NGKF staff members
10. Responsible for the annual “Deliverable” of Records Retention task each October
11. Responsible for generating/printing reports from MRI for the (2 - Semi Annual Audits, 1 CSE Audit, and IBM Audits as requested) from which the Auditors will make invoice/document selections. Gathering all the invoices/documents required to complete the audits, and assisting the Auditors as needed. Processing payment to the Auditors through MRI or Oracle Applications.
12. Generating the paperwork and validating the TIN/OFAC reports necessary to set up a new Vendor in MRI. Submitting these documents to Corporate for Vendor setup completion.
13. Responsible for verifying A/P disproportionate invoices based on company established accounting policies and procedures, obtaining necessary approvals, and providing the Property Accountant with the complete Disproportionate Services A/P package for A/R processing to the Occupant.
14. Verify the validity of the Annual PO usage log and reconciling the log with the A/P submissions into MRI, work closely with Team Members/Vendors to close out all open purchase orders, generate year end closing spreadsheet, and obtain MO approval to complete Year End closing.
15. Responsible for creating/maintaining all the new templates for the spreadsheets listed in item #4 above for the New Business Year. Generate/Maintain paper file folders for A/P invoice filing in the New Business Year.

Other Job Functions:
1. Assist accounting personnel on various projects as needed.
2. Perform general administrative functions when needed, including answering phones, typing correspondence, copying, etc.
3. Participates in a weekly Staff Meeting. – less
Good independence allowed to exercise your abilities and create a personal management style.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Depending on where you're posted, this third-party management company allows autonomy to liaise with clients and provide input to company management that will be taken seriously. Reporting requirements are a part of any management position, so deadlines are a fact of life. Support staff are good about leading you comfortably to meet deadlines.
Worked on Capital One Account
Move Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: worked a lot of nights
Cons: enjoyed all of the teams that i worked with
Move manager for the south and west regions for Capital One corporate locations. Managed project related moves a well as regular moves. Worked with multiple teams to include the construction team, facility management team, IT team, move company and internal team members.
world class real estate service firm
Associate Broker (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
I wish it had been a better experience
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee), Western RegionFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: fair pay and benefits
Cons: unsupportive management, unreasonable hours, too much self service
I worked for Grubb and Ellis and stayed with the company when Newmark purchased it. So many of my peers left for other companies but I loved my clients and elected to remain. What a disappointing decision. I was left with a company in tatters, both portfolio and reputation suffered in the marketplace. New management was there for their own glory and profit, not to offer support. It became an environment of paranoia and lies and not the forthright and enjoyable workplace I'd known.

I have always been a high performer but elected to market my services to other companies who value and support good people.

I'm so happy I followed my peers and left the company. I simply cannot work for people who put their own self interest before their clients. It's a shame.
High paced enviroment
Senior Facility Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay and always busy
Cons: long hours and multiple job fucntions
Managed the Western Region for the client. Review budgets and KPI commitments. Conduct weekly staff meetings with all contractors. Join daily video and conference calls. Problem solve and escalations
Commercial Property Management Services
District Administrative Manager / MSA (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2014
When I began with Grubb & Ellis Commercial Real Estate 16 years ago, I worked in the Management Services division; it was a great place to work. A very team oriented place where you were treated like family. We handled the Property Management for several properties in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo areas. It was a very 'hands on' position and a great environment to work in. I had the chance to work with many different people. My title was District Administrative Manager, I not only assisted the SVP/Director of Management Services, but I also managed the Administrative Staff of 11 Administrative Assistants. I was also the HR Contact for the Administrative Assistants, the Building Engineering staff (approx. 110 in total); as well as the Portfolio Manager and 8 Property Managers. It was a great opportunity for me to be able to interact with all of our staff and put my Management, HR and Administrative abilities to work. Unfortunately in 2012 we were purchased and became Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; a lot of upper management changes took place. My position was then renamed, Management Services Administrator, there were 7 of us across the country. In 2013 they decided to take us from 7 to 5 and they moved my position to the Boston Area.
Commercial Property Management Services
Fun place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), DelawareNovember 21, 2014
Dynamic firm with lots of day to day change. Keen sense of attention to detail is required to succeed here.
fun workplace with coworkers
Junior Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 17, 2014
I just did what I was told to do on a daily basis. I believe that I did my job along with my coworker at a 100% and above. Customer satisfaction was my number 1 principal. There was no hard part of the job for me.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: lots to learn, laid back environment
Cons: not much room for advancement.
This was a good place to start an entry level career. Team members provide good support for each other.
Don't waste your time. Awful company to work for.
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2014
Cons: well, i can name one accounting manager who should not be in management, unprofessional atmosphere, lack of training, unreal expectations
Don't even waste your time with this company.
The first week that I was there, I had a total of 5 hours of sporadic training with someone who was extremely inpatient, and would not help me in the future. The accounts that you are handling have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of funds, or more. I was told from a multitude of people that have been there, there is no training. Most of them had to go on previous paperwork. This is not fair to employees and more importantly, it's not good for the client.
My boss was gone the first week. When she returned, I found out that she was talking behind my back.
I've had plenty of G/L experience prior to working here. I was expecting training. There is NONE. The second week, I was told that I should look at the prior folders and "Be able to fly." My manager was mad if I asked a question, if I asked other accountants for help, would constantly roll her eyes at me, and as I mentioned before~ talked behind my back. I was called into the assistant controller's office and he asked me if "I still wanted to work here." I told him there is no organization, I did not have formal training, my manager was the epitome of non professional, and the person's accounts that I took over was not willing to help me.
This is and I quote- "I am not going to fund someone to sit here with you for a week for training." Great! So he stared at me. I got up and left. He started screaming... I went back to the office. After that he stared at me, I asked if he was done talking. He said yes, and I left. PROFESSIONAL!
I was asked to think about it over the weekend. Sorry, this is absolutely the worst company. There are too many good places to work for that are nice to their employees than to waste your time here.
Overall good place to work
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2014
A lot of client/tenant interface, meetings/calls for multiple current projects. Not as much financial input as in previous positions.
Enjoy working with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the daily problem solving and shifting priorities, always something new.
Don't have any difficulty with any aspect of the job.
Not very helpful. Quick to not pay you money
CRE (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 26, 2014
Work was long hours with not enough pay. Played favorites and goes back on severance package.

Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Salaries