Newmark Grubb Knight Frank

Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Employer Reviews

Commercial Property Management Services
District Administrative Manager / MSA (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2014
When I began with Grubb & Ellis Commercial Real Estate 16 years ago, I worked in the Management Services division; it was a great place to work. A very team oriented place where you were treated like family. We handled the Property Management for several properties in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo areas. It was a very 'hands on' position and a great environment to work in. I had the chance to work with many different people. My title was District Administrative Manager, I not only assisted the SVP/Director of Management Services, but I also managed the Administrative Staff of 11 Administrative Assistants. I was also the HR Contact for the Administrative Assistants, the Building Engineering staff (approx. 110 in total); as well as the Portfolio Manager and 8 Property Managers. It was a great opportunity for me to be able to interact with all of our staff and put my Management, HR and Administrative abilities to work. Unfortunately in 2012 we were purchased and became Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; a lot of upper management changes took place. My position was then renamed, Management Services Administrator, there were 7 of us across the country. In 2013 they decided to take us from 7 to 5 and they moved my position to the Boston Area.
Commercial Property Management Services
Fun place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), DelawareNovember 21, 2014
Dynamic firm with lots of day to day change. Keen sense of attention to detail is required to succeed here.
fun workplace with coworkers
Junior Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 17, 2014
I just did what I was told to do on a daily basis. I believe that I did my job along with my coworker at a 100% and above. Customer satisfaction was my number 1 principal. There was no hard part of the job for me.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: lots to learn, laid back environment
Cons: not much room for advancement.
This was a good place to start an entry level career. Team members provide good support for each other.
Don't waste your time. Awful company to work for.
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2014
Cons: well, i can name one accounting manager who should not be in management, unprofessional atmosphere, lack of training, unreal expectations
Don't even waste your time with this company.
The first week that I was there, I had a total of 5 hours of sporadic training with someone who was extremely inpatient, and would not help me in the future. The accounts that you are handling have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of funds, or more. I was told from a multitude of people that have been there, there is no training. Most of them had to go on previous paperwork. This is not fair to employees and more importantly, it's not good for the client.
My boss was gone the first week. When she returned, I found out that she was talking behind my back.
I've had plenty of G/L experience prior to working here. I was expecting training. There is NONE. The second week, I was told that I should look at the prior folders and "Be able to fly." My manager was mad if I asked a question, if I asked other accountants for help, would constantly roll her eyes at me, and as I mentioned before~ talked behind my back. I was called into the assistant controller's office and he asked me if "I still wanted to work here." I told him there is no organization, I did not have formal training, my manager was the epitome of non professional, and the person's accounts that I took over was not willing to help me.
This is and I quote- "I am not going to fund someone to sit here with you for a week for training." Great! So he stared at me. I got up and left. He started screaming... I went back to the office. After that he stared at me, I asked if he was done talking. He said yes, and I left. PROFESSIONAL!
I was asked to think about it over the weekend. Sorry, this is absolutely the worst company. There are too many good places to work for that are nice to their employees than to waste your time here.
Overall good place to work
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2014
A lot of client/tenant interface, meetings/calls for multiple current projects. Not as much financial input as in previous positions.
Enjoy working with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the daily problem solving and shifting priorities, always something new.
Don't have any difficulty with any aspect of the job.
Not very helpful. Quick to not pay you money
CRE (Former Employee), VirginiaJune 26, 2014
Work was long hours with not enough pay. Played favorites and goes back on severance package.
The big name does not represent the REALITY!
Acct. Coord. (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: overtime avaiable
Cons: horrible attitude of employees
The management is all over the place. Too many chiefs and not enough structure. Super chaotic. Benefits are fair, but 401K is horrible. I dealt with five offices and saw a huge revolving door of employees. No one knows what processes are and all management is trying to do it their way instead of a as a team! Zero growth. Zero input.
Great employer with training benefits
Brokerage Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great managment
I enjoy my time with the company and helping meet our goals. I am looking for a job change to expand my skills.
Productive but sometimes stressful work place
CRITICAL DATA CENTER ENGINEER (Current Employee), Azusa, CAJune 10, 2014
Job security is excellent. I have learned more technical skills. The hardest part of the job is the work hours.
Strong work ethic individuals.
Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2014
I was part of a $12 million project to recoup money from brokers, which were given as Off the top expenses. I used advanced excel functions and formulas to calculate the money owed from brokers nationwide.
Great Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: going through layoff being called back then company closed our doors
A typical day at work started with logging on to all accounts and email accounts that were attached to each account as well as in house emails. Roughly 22-25 windows. Log onto my phone to begin receiving phone calls. Run my daily reports, return all emails, touch base with the third shift CSR on any issues that happened in the middle of the night that would need to be addressed in the morning. My supervisors were outstanding ladies who trained us everyday to become better CSR's. The hardest part of the job was not having information needed to assist our customers. The most enjoyable was going beyond the call of duty to obtain the informaion needed. Also, being able to develope relationships with people from all over the world.
Work friendly environment that supports its employees
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2014
I have a very action filled day which includes managing multiple tasks simultaneously. From my current experience I have learned to organize my day and be more efficient. I love interacting with our customers who are the tenants and will go above and beyond to fulfill their needs to make their day run smoothly.
day review
Property Assistant (Current Employee), Branchburg, New JerseyMarch 22, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of interesting people on a daily basis
Cons: super busy, no time for breaks
Financial Responsibilities:

Prepare and track invoices for five (5) sites.

Track the following reports for the (5) sites:

• Comparative Statement – actual verses budget (monthly)
• Executive Summary – summary of spending (monthly)
• Results (monthly)

Saved approximately $3K from being over charged by various vendors, some examples below
• RVD over charged us $219.73 in February
• RVD over charged us $219.73 in March
• RVD over charged us $219.73 in April
• PRO-TEK tried to charge us $561.75 for the cleaning of the grease trap when in fact this is included in the contract. $50 was charged to us for the broiler clean out and Delimer. This is included in contract so we were credited for this in January.
• Patti Bottham – NGKF Cell Phone coordinator tried charging us for two cell phone lines that don’t belong to us. $176.30
• Cavanaugh’s over charged us $1,235.85 for power spraying that is included in the contract.

Work with the Facility/Portfolio Manager in the annual budget preparation and development for the 2014 budgets on all sites.

Collect, review and process all NGKF Monthly billing package into JP Morgan (OTP) to Verizon Wireless on a monthly basis

Made some value added suggestions to the 2013 & 2014 Capital improvements and updated this file when requested.

Vendor Responsibilities:

• Work with the Facility Manager in the annual preparation and development for 2014 Vendor Contracts for the four (4) NJ sites.
• Put together Scope of Work to send out to vendors for 2014 bid process
• Schedule Preventive Maintenance vendor site visits
• Schedule change controls coverage – more... on an as needed basis
• Recruited several additional vendors to the JP Morgan – Order-To-Pay (OTP) Billing System on behalf of Accounts Payable
• Trained vendors on how to use the JP Morgan (OTP Billing System)
• Had our vendors register with vSource database so we can include them in the bidding process if necessary for the new VZW requirements
• Learned new xPress tool Datasite for the upcoming new vendor bid processing

HR Responsibilities:

• Approve timesheets for the NJ sites (bi-weekly)
• Schedule - ensure that we had coverage 24x7x365 for the NJ
• Track overtime (weekly)
• Track daily logs (daily)
• Track PTO bank hours
• Track training
• Assist on personnel issues for all sites, i.e. job requisitions, vacation hour banks, workday issues, expense report, etc.
• Staff Meeting (Monthly)
• On call schedule for the year

Facility Responsibilities:

Enter PM’s into the new PM tracking system (Maintenance Assistance) for our three NJ sites.

Perform on a daily basis “sweeps” of the site to identify areas or items that need to be repaired or cleaned.

On a daily basis several times a day log into the work order system Softwrench & Maintenance Assistance websites for work order requests throughout the day. I make sure that all requests received were met and satisfied by the client in a timely matter.

Monitored and ordered office supplies for the team on an as needed basis

Monitor monthly cell phone charges. Ordered phones when needed

Weekly status report

Scheduled change controls on Outlook Calendar for NJ sites

Assist the team on preparing their monthly expense reports and timesheets

Inherited the new Aisle Name Tag responsibility from Engineering

• Safety Training – NGKF
• Harassment – less
Fabulous Manager
FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great management!
Cons: poor benefits and low end pay.
I have the best Management at NGKF. They are easy-going and efficient. I really enjoy my time there. The benefits are not so good nor is the pay or job advancement. These would be my only concerns for someone looking at this company.
Hard working place with little focus on employee growth
Project Administrator (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: not a very large paycheck
A job secure company with decent management. However, the employee benefits package and compensation package is not very competitive
Overall
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: team orientated, great management
Cons: no 401k match
Overall working for Newmark Grubb Knight Frank provided me with the opportunity to expand my knowledge of Accounting practices and principles,Facilities/Property Management, and new technolgy, The day to day work load was interesting and challenging. The Management and Staff functioned as a team to accomplish the Company's goals.
Working at NGKF for over 10 years has been a very fulfilling and rewarding experience.
Office Coordinator/NJ-COO & Ops Mngr's Assistant (Current Employee), Rutherford, NJOctober 21, 2013
During the years I've worked for the company I have grown leaps and bounds. I have honed my management and software skills along with being able to skillfully handle time management.
Newmark
Project Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 18, 2013
There is no employee with contract personnel. it is impossible to find out information regarding advancement. No interest from the company for encouraging professional advancement.