Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent company to work for, Everyone is very nice and helpful.My day at Newmark varied everyday.
Some days it would be working on commission, expenses, using Excel.
Other days it would be working on leasing offer to clients. Answering calls, customer service. Setting up luncheons.
Sometimes filing.
Powerpoint presentation presentations.
Gathering information on potentials buildings, clients etc.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
No cons
Fun job but not for long term
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
As a broker, I gained many skills but felt that the landlord requirements and tenant requirements did not match up in today's retail world which made dealmaking very difficult. In addition, it took very long to get paid on the deals that did close. The job was fun and co-workers and company environment was awesome, but did not provide me with confidence in my long term career growth and professional development.
Pros
set your own schedule, choose the clients you work with
Cons
never see the money you make on deals
Top notch full service commercial real estate brokerage firm
Summer Intern, Research and Brokerage (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Great experience working as an intern for a financial services tenant representation team. This team gave me great exposure by taking me on tours and presentations throughout Manhattan
Enjoyed working for Senior Mangement
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2016
Enjoyed working for my superiors including the Director of Operations and the VP, Regional Controller.

Developed many long lasting friendship through the company on a nationwide basis.
Front Desk Coordinator
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 3, 2016
Newmark can be a great company to work for if you're a broker. Otherwise, steer clear. The only "advancement" you'll see is a lateral move for a couple of bucks more an hour in better pay. The office culture here is a joke and the turnover of not only receptionists but Business Operations Managers should be a sign..
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare coverage rates, culture, lack of raises/advancement
Lease Admin is BROKEN
Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2016
Lease Admin dept is BROKEN! Needs BIG changes. Poor mgmt. Poor morale. People are allowed to work from home too much w/no accountability. NGKF pay & bonuses are terrible.
Pros
Cons
Bad mgmt
The backbone is in place but this place just doesnt run right
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
If you have ever read the inmates are running the asylum, this is the real estate, management, and developers version. They hire wrong, keep wrong and promote wrong, promote ridiculousness whenever possible and don't recognize talent.
Great Place to work with ample opportunity to excel
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2016
NGKF gave me a challenging work environment which allowed me to use my unique skill set effectively. I loved being part of the team.
Good people and good environment outside of company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Work environment with people was good. Although this company do not care about their employees. I was a contract employee though very well versed and years of experience, did not receive proper training and support. Turnover is very high. Very unstable and unqualified staff. Schedule would be changed on a weekly basis and often last minute changes to where you can't plan any pto. Supervisor is unqualified and insecure.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Poor. Benefits, insecure & unknowledgeable supervisor & staff. Weekly schedule changes.
over all not a bad company,
Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Good company, checked on 60 plus citizens back branches, checked on building and vendors to make sure all buildings are in working order and all vendors are doing there jobs, Management worked well and other co-workers worked well with all was to work with vendor that did not do there jobs, to see all the different areas and branches in PA
Pros
free time to do your job
Cons
contract pulled
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Great people
Good work environment
Learned alot
Boring sometimes
Able to help numerous departments
No job advancement
Challenging, High-Profile Program Management
Program Manager--Move Services, Capital One (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 3, 2016
Supervised Team of 7-12 Move Managers
Improved Service Provider Vendor Relations Through New Partnerships
Role required direct interaction & visibility at client HQ
Competitive Salary
Employment
Marketing Coordinator for Retail Brokers (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
This is a great Company to work for If you aren't really into team building or interaction with your brokers as much. Very quiet office and really no incentives that push you to be better at your job. Personally, this is probably the most boring company I have actually worked for and I have worked in the Commercial Real Estate Company for years.
Pros
Steady Income
Cons
No incentives
Great Work Culture, Team Oriented
Building and Marketing Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2016
Great place to work. Very team oriented, friendly and professional environment. Everyone works together to meet company goals.
Horrible employer, bad management, poor benefits, terrible culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2015
Someone should use this workplace for a reality TV show. Do not accept employment with this company. It has a terrible culture of no teamwork, back stabbing and dishonesty. Senior management tolerates and supports these behaviors. HR protects and keeps bad employees. They pay poorly and do not contribute anything towards the 401K. Do not expect any type of raise either.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Terrible culture of dishonesty and blaming others
Fun place to work.
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2015
I have worked for Newmark Grubb Knight Frank since 2011 it has been a good experience. I had an opportunity to work with wonderful staff. I enjoyed the professional work ethic. The management team cared about their employees. I fee satisfy with this job the only reason I am leaving this job is I got married and my wife lives in Virginia.
The work place is great because it is very professional and very team oriented
Executive Assistant to Senior Broker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work is maintaining and keeping track of my executive's day to day responsibilities, as well as being an excellent gatekeeper. I work in a very professional team enviroment and offer assistance to a top senior Executive Assistant and assist a Senior Commercial Real Estate Broker.
Terrible place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
No guidance from senior brokers, all the business goes to two teams, no collaboration, if you aren't on a top team you are going no where quickly
Pros
Cons
pay, management, environment
Great company to work for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 18, 2015
Working with Newmark Grubb Knight has been a great experience. I have been given the opportunity to grow within the company and develop my skills.

However, being that the Human Resources and Payroll was housed in another state, conducting personnel buisness was a challenge.
Pros
Free lunches weekly, growth opportunity, great atmostphere
Cons
Contracted
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2015
Coworkers are great as well as the Division Leader. Good company culture. However, can be extremely competitive among managerial staff which can create a very stressful work environment.
Pros
Senior management staff, good company culture
Cons
Extremely stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8