Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and place for advancement in the legal field
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Stressful
Great company with benefits, as well as great HR base.
Gives you a great look on behind the scenes of a legal law firm, great opportunities to advance in the complany as well as the legal field.
Very friendly and professional environment.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Literally, 99% of all employees are incredibly friendly and helpful - a very pleasant environment to work! The office is clean and aesthetically comfortable.
Productive and Positive Work Environment
Senior Lease Administrator (Current Employee), DallasAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Supportive Management
Cons: none
Supportive Management making our office a very positive work environment, family oriented and great co-workers/team players.
A good company to work.
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 20, 2015
The only complaint I have is the lack of support. There was also a lot miscommunication regarding what was expected of me.
Intern program
Member of brokerage team (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
As an intern I gained valuable experience as a member of a brokerage team. The program itself provided valuable information on the New York marketplace as well as ample opportunity to network
A great primer to the analytic real estate world
ANALYST (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, great work life balance
Cons: requires very strong self-driven work ethic
NGKF's global corporate services team is an excellent gateway for the experienced consultant or analyst to the real estate's site selection world. A strong background in the real estate space will propel you into a position where flexible interests and creative problem solving will come in handy. No skill-set is left un-utilized. Aspiring quants can build-up their research interests here and promote new tools and methodologies to the analysis of spatial phenomena. Consultants of various backgrounds are encouraged to bring their own style to the management of real estate site selection projects. This team is a growing one and is hungry for anyone with a background in call center, industrial, data center, and other commercial experience. Work-at-home routines are welcome and work hours are flexible. Project managers draw from other managers and non-managers so that skill sets are accessible to the entire team. Co-workers are very professional and skilled. If you are looking for a position with an option for lots of travel, this could be it. If not, an analytic role is the alternative. This company has been very heavy in M&E as of recent, and as such, resources are just beginning to find ways to collaborate with one another. A synthesis of capabilities is yet to occur, but once it does, you are looking at one of the stronger real estate consulting practices in the world.
The work place is great because it is very professional and very team oriented
Executive Assistant to Senior Broker (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work is maintaining and keeping track of my executive's day to day responsibilities, as well as being an excellent gatekeeper. I work in a very professional team enviroment and offer assistance to a top senior Executive Assistant and assist a Senior Commercial Real Estate Broker.
Big company - small feel
Property Manager Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Temp employee. Very much enjoyed my time. Gave me room to use my skills even though I was new as well as grow my skillset. Very supportive manager,

Management - overall - needs to work on communication and implementation of new products.
Great Company, Growing Fast!
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CaMay 27, 2015
With any growing company, you are constantly moving in different directions and flexibility is a must! There is plenty of opportunity to learn new aspects of your day to day job.
Great company to work for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches weekly, growth opportunity, great atmostphere
Cons: Contracted
Working with Newmark Grubb Knight has been a great experience. I have been given the opportunity to grow within the company and develop my skills.

However, being that the Human Resources and Payroll was housed in another state, conducting personnel buisness was a challenge.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
In the last ten plus (10+) years as an assistant, three (3) of which have been serving Senior Executive-level officers, I have developed the skills that ensure the highest level of competence, time management and confidentiality. Having worked in an Executive Corporate office, I have a vast understanding of the importance in acting as a liaison allowing for the Executives’ time to be maximized as well as assisting in any way I can in order to reach the Company/Executives’ goals.
Allow me to highlight my strengths:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) as well as various database applications and the internet.
• Experienced in bookkeeping, billing, payroll systems, requisitions, AP/AR, etc.
• Exceptional level of professionalism and award-recognized level of service to customers and internal colleagues.
• Unsurpassed organizational and streamlining skills as well as time management skills.
Although you will notice my current place of employment is in New York, however as of
May 1st, 2015 I will have relocated to the South Florida, Broward County area to reside permanently with my family.
Strong Support of Unethical Behavior
Regional Management (Current Employee), OfficeApril 24, 2015
Pros: leaving daily
Cons: S.S.D.D = Same S&#* Different Day!
Company supports unethical behavior of upper Mgmt such as EMD, & when it's brought to HR attention, excuses are the answer thereby placing them, HR, in the same boat...
Daily swearing, bullying, intimidation & purpose driven negativity!!
Retaliatory Results when issues are brought to the TOP!!!

These are "FACTS" & NOT opinions!!!

May 11, 2015

RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THE ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE TO WORK FOR!!!

Excellent place to work, great Management
Accounting Associate II (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: contract job
Essential Job Duties:
1. Verifies validity of the receipt of goods or the satisfactorily completion of services for all A/P invoices submitted for payment. Prepares A/P invoices for payment while ensuring compliance with company established accounting policies and procedures. Assigns payment dates and coordinates payment schedule for weekly A/P processing. Submits processed A/P invoices to SFM for final review and approval. Prepares/Verifies A/P month end accrual, submits completed accrual to the Property Accountant for final review and data entry.
2. Responsible for coordinating with Vendors to receive emailed invoices for printing and processing. Responsible for coordinating with Vendors to set up online accounts for printing and processing invoices. Generates/Maintains/Prints/Verifies/Processes invoices relating to NGKF business.
3. Responsible for processing purchase orders, and assisting with other procurement duties as needed when the Buyer is out of the office.
4. Responsible for creating/maintaining/verifying many spreadsheets: Energy Report - (linked document updates, utility usage entry, Occupant reporting), Annual PO usage log (tracks payments on annual PO’s), Environmental Report - (tracks all spending on environmental related purchases), Container Reconciliation, Chemtreat Contract Chemical Usage Reconciliation, Corrections to Invoices report - (cost avoidance tracking), Legal Invoices report - (complete invoice description/costs are documented & reported to MO), Daily Mail Log, Electric & Gas Trending Reports, Month End A/P Accrual, Separation of Duties Matrix, – more... Battery Core Asset Tracking, Saguaro Waste Removal summary, Electric & Gas bill Verification Reports, Purchase Order Log A/P payment updates (weekly), Use/Sales Tax Report.
5. Responsible for creating/maintaining accurate and orderly accounting file systems and related documentation.
6. Interact/assist with various NGKF departments in regards to accounting issues and other issues as needed.
7. Responsible for creating/coordinating/maintaining the Monthly Business Review Book
8. Responsible for generating separate reports from the Energy Report, and issuing the documents to the Occupants in a timely manner after review by the PE and SFM and written approval from the SFM to release the reports to the Occupants has been received. These reports are the basis of the quarterly utility reconciliation, and subsequent debits/credit to our Occupants.
9. Maintaining the phone/contact directory, and issuing the revised directory to all NGKF staff members
10. Responsible for the annual “Deliverable” of Records Retention task each October
11. Responsible for generating/printing reports from MRI for the (2 - Semi Annual Audits, 1 CSE Audit, and IBM Audits as requested) from which the Auditors will make invoice/document selections. Gathering all the invoices/documents required to complete the audits, and assisting the Auditors as needed. Processing payment to the Auditors through MRI or Oracle Applications.
12. Generating the paperwork and validating the TIN/OFAC reports necessary to set up a new Vendor in MRI. Submitting these documents to Corporate for Vendor setup completion.
13. Responsible for verifying A/P disproportionate invoices based on company established accounting policies and procedures, obtaining necessary approvals, and providing the Property Accountant with the complete Disproportionate Services A/P package for A/R processing to the Occupant.
14. Verify the validity of the Annual PO usage log and reconciling the log with the A/P submissions into MRI, work closely with Team Members/Vendors to close out all open purchase orders, generate year end closing spreadsheet, and obtain MO approval to complete Year End closing.
15. Responsible for creating/maintaining all the new templates for the spreadsheets listed in item #4 above for the New Business Year. Generate/Maintain paper file folders for A/P invoice filing in the New Business Year.

Other Job Functions:
1. Assist accounting personnel on various projects as needed.
2. Perform general administrative functions when needed, including answering phones, typing correspondence, copying, etc.
3. Participates in a weekly Staff Meeting. – less
Good independence allowed to exercise your abilities and create a personal management style.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Depending on where you're posted, this third-party management company allows autonomy to liaise with clients and provide input to company management that will be taken seriously. Reporting requirements are a part of any management position, so deadlines are a fact of life. Support staff are good about leading you comfortably to meet deadlines.
Worked on Capital One Account
Move Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: worked a lot of nights
Cons: enjoyed all of the teams that i worked with
Move manager for the south and west regions for Capital One corporate locations. Managed project related moves a well as regular moves. Worked with multiple teams to include the construction team, facility management team, IT team, move company and internal team members.
world class real estate service firm
Associate Broker (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
I wish it had been a better experience
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee), Western RegionFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: fair pay and benefits
Cons: unsupportive management, unreasonable hours, too much self service
I worked for Grubb and Ellis and stayed with the company when Newmark purchased it. So many of my peers left for other companies but I loved my clients and elected to remain. What a disappointing decision. I was left with a company in tatters, both portfolio and reputation suffered in the marketplace. New management was there for their own glory and profit, not to offer support. It became an environment of paranoia and lies and not the forthright and enjoyable workplace I'd known.

I have always been a high performer but elected to market my services to other companies who value and support good people.

I'm so happy I followed my peers and left the company. I simply cannot work for people who put their own self interest before their clients. It's a shame.
High paced enviroment
Senior Facility Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay and always busy
Cons: long hours and multiple job fucntions
Managed the Western Region for the client. Review budgets and KPI commitments. Conduct weekly staff meetings with all contractors. Join daily video and conference calls. Problem solve and escalations
Commercial Property Management Services
District Administrative Manager / MSA (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2014
When I began with Grubb & Ellis Commercial Real Estate 16 years ago, I worked in the Management Services division; it was a great place to work. A very team oriented place where you were treated like family. We handled the Property Management for several properties in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo areas. It was a very 'hands on' position and a great environment to work in. I had the chance to work with many different people. My title was District Administrative Manager, I not only assisted the SVP/Director of Management Services, but I also managed the Administrative Staff of 11 Administrative Assistants. I was also the HR Contact for the Administrative Assistants, the Building Engineering staff (approx. 110 in total); as well as the Portfolio Manager and 8 Property Managers. It was a great opportunity for me to be able to interact with all of our staff and put my Management, HR and Administrative abilities to work. Unfortunately in 2012 we were purchased and became Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; a lot of upper management changes took place. My position was then renamed, Management Services Administrator, there were 7 of us across the country. In 2013 they decided to take us from 7 to 5 and they moved my position to the Boston Area.
Commercial Property Management Services