Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible employer, bad management, poor benefits, terrible culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2015
Someone should use this workplace for a reality TV show. Do not accept employment with this company. It has a terrible culture of no teamwork, back stabbing and dishonesty. Senior management tolerates and supports these behaviors. HR protects and keeps bad employees. They pay poorly and do not contribute anything towards the 401K. Do not expect any type of raise either.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Terrible culture of dishonesty and blaming others
Challenging, High-Profile Program Management
Program Manager--Move Services, Capital One (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 3, 2016
Supervised Team of 7-12 Move Managers
Improved Service Provider Vendor Relations Through New Partnerships
Role required direct interaction & visibility at client HQ
Competitive Salary
Good people and good environment outside of company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Work environment with people was good. Although this company do not care about their employees. I was a contract employee though very well versed and years of experience, did not receive proper training and support. Turnover is very high. Very unstable and unqualified staff. Schedule would be changed on a weekly basis and often last minute changes to where you can't plan any pto. Supervisor is unqualified and insecure.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Poor. Benefits, insecure & unknowledgeable supervisor & staff. Weekly schedule changes.
over all not a bad company,
Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Good company, checked on 60 plus citizens back branches, checked on building and vendors to make sure all buildings are in working order and all vendors are doing there jobs, Management worked well and other co-workers worked well with all was to work with vendor that did not do there jobs, to see all the different areas and branches in PA
Pros
free time to do your job
Cons
contract pulled
Front Desk Coordinator
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 3, 2016
Newmark can be a great company to work for if you're a broker. Otherwise, steer clear. The only "advancement" you'll see is a lateral move for a couple of bucks more an hour in better pay. The office culture here is a joke and the turnover of not only receptionists but Business Operations Managers should be a sign..
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare coverage rates, culture, lack of raises/advancement
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2015
Coworkers are great as well as the Division Leader. Good company culture. However, can be extremely competitive among managerial staff which can create a very stressful work environment.
Pros
Senior management staff, good company culture
Cons
Extremely stressful
The backbone is in place but this place just doesnt run right
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2016
If you have ever read the inmates are running the asylum, this is the real estate, management, and developers version. They hire wrong, keep wrong and promote wrong, promote ridiculousness whenever possible and don't recognize talent.
Terrible place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
No guidance from senior brokers, all the business goes to two teams, no collaboration, if you aren't on a top team you are going no where quickly
Pros
Cons
pay, management, environment
Great Work Culture, Team Oriented
Building and Marketing Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2016
Great place to work. Very team oriented, friendly and professional environment. Everyone works together to meet company goals.
Great Place to work with ample opportunity to excel
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2016
NGKF gave me a challenging work environment which allowed me to use my unique skill set effectively. I loved being part of the team.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Great people
Good work environment
Learned alot
Boring sometimes
Able to help numerous departments
No job advancement
I wish it had been a better experience
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Western RegionFebruary 16, 2015
I worked for Grubb and Ellis and stayed with the company when Newmark purchased it. So many of my peers left for other companies but I loved my clients and elected to remain. What a disappointing decision. I was left with a company in tatters, both portfolio and reputation suffered in the marketplace. New management was there for their own glory and profit, not to offer support. It became an environment of paranoia and lies and not the forthright and enjoyable workplace I'd known.

I have always been a high performer but elected to market my services to other companies who value and support good people.

I'm so happy I followed my peers and left the company. I simply cannot work for people who put their own self interest before their clients. It's a shame.
Pros
fair pay and benefits
Cons
unsupportive management, unreasonable hours, too much self service
Employment
Marketing Coordinator for Retail Brokers (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
This is a great Company to work for If you aren't really into team building or interaction with your brokers as much. Very quiet office and really no incentives that push you to be better at your job. Personally, this is probably the most boring company I have actually worked for and I have worked in the Commercial Real Estate Company for years.
Pros
Steady Income
Cons
No incentives
Fun place to work.
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2015
I have worked for Newmark Grubb Knight Frank since 2011 it has been a good experience. I had an opportunity to work with wonderful staff. I enjoyed the professional work ethic. The management team cared about their employees. I fee satisfy with this job the only reason I am leaving this job is I got married and my wife lives in Virginia.
A great primer to the analytic real estate world
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2015
NGKF's global corporate services team is an excellent gateway for the experienced consultant or analyst to the real estate's site selection world. A strong background in the real estate space will propel you into a position where flexible interests and creative problem solving will come in handy. No skill-set is left un-utilized. Aspiring quants can build-up their research interests here and promote new tools and methodologies to the analysis of spatial phenomena. Consultants of various backgrounds are encouraged to bring their own style to the management of real estate site selection projects. This team is a growing one and is hungry for anyone with a background in call center, industrial, data center, and other commercial experience. Work-at-home routines are welcome and work hours are flexible. Project managers draw from other managers and non-managers so that skill sets are accessible to the entire team. Co-workers are very professional and skilled. If you are looking for a position with an option for lots of travel, this could be it. If not, an analytic role is the alternative. This company has been very heavy in M&E as of recent, and as such, resources are just beginning to find ways to collaborate with one another. A synthesis of capabilities is yet to occur, but once it does, you are looking at one of the stronger real estate consulting practices in the world.
Pros
flexible schedule, great work life balance
Cons
requires very strong self-driven work ethic
Productive and Positive Work Environment
Senior Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  DallasAugust 19, 2015
Supportive Management making our office a very positive work environment, family oriented and great co-workers/team players.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Great learning experience and place for advancement in the legal field
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2015
Great company with benefits, as well as great HR base.
Gives you a great look on behind the scenes of a legal law firm, great opportunities to advance in the complany as well as the legal field.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful
The work place is great because it is very professional and very team oriented
Executive Assistant to Senior Broker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work is maintaining and keeping track of my executive's day to day responsibilities, as well as being an excellent gatekeeper. I work in a very professional team enviroment and offer assistance to a top senior Executive Assistant and assist a Senior Commercial Real Estate Broker.
Lots of undesirable practices.
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 6, 2012
Employed by the company when it was still a Grubb & Ellis Company. Benefits were good but somehow, immediate management was not treating employees well. The company filed bankruptcy but was taken over by BGC Partners which owned Newmark Knight Frank. Grubb & Ellis became a part of Newmark thus the new name Newmark Grubb. I cannot very much assess the new organization because there are still a lot of things going on as a result of the mergers.
Pros
i had good relationship with co-workers and medical benefits and retirement benefits were good.
Cons
immediate management not so concerned about the well-being of their direct employees.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2015
In the last ten plus (10+) years as an assistant, three (3) of which have been serving Senior Executive-level officers, I have developed the skills that ensure the highest level of competence, time management and confidentiality. Having worked in an Executive Corporate office, I have a vast understanding of the importance in acting as a liaison allowing for the Executives’ time to be maximized as well as assisting in any way I can in order to reach the Company/Executives’ goals.
Allow me to highlight my strengths:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) as well as various database applications and the internet.
• Experienced in bookkeeping, billing, payroll systems, requisitions, AP/AR, etc.
• Exceptional level of professionalism and award-recognized level of service to customers and internal colleagues.
• Unsurpassed organizational and streamlining skills as well as time management skills.
Although you will notice my current place of employment is in New York, however as of
May 1st, 2015 I will have relocated to the South Florida, Broward County area to reside permanently with my family.

2.7