Newmark Knight Frank Employee Reviews

Brokerage
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2017
Overall Company handles business well, commission splits are good, and business is handled in a ethical manner. Local management was much to be desired. Some employees were there too long and negatively effected business and others. Very male oriented, women are not looked at as equals and the glass ceiling has not been broken.
Pros
Generous expense accounts and good commission splits
Cons
Management was not up to par
Upper management Micro manages
FACILITIES COORDINATOR FOR LEXISNEXIS (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2017
Low pay/high stress. High turn over. I would not reccomend this place to any friend or anyone I like. Crazy tantrums on the VP level in regards to someone in the region having the wrong font on their email signature...but it gets sent as a warning to the entire region. I promise I could not make this sillyiness up!
Great guys to work with.
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 7, 2017
Not going to be around much longer, lost three building in the last three years. Great bunch of guys to work with, just no room to grow. Chief is easy to work with and the job it self is for the most part is stress free. Work the work orders as they come and finish the day out with PMs.
Pros
Balanced
Cons
Not going to be around to much longer.
Great place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJOctober 31, 2017
Very fast paced.

I've learned how to read Leases to write up the brokers commissions and be a team player.

I've learned how to prioritize my work load and between myself and the marketing team we created marketing materials that the clients loved.

The most pleasurable aspect of my job was working with my brokers and taking a deal from calls, to negotiations, to marketing the clients property and the final product was our client was pleased with our success and theirs also.
Not a overly motivating position
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 30, 2017
You work very independently, which is very nice. My direct manager is lacking in management skills and gives very little feedback, good or bad. Not very motivating.
Pros
no one is keeping track of your comings and goings. You are able to work independently.
Cons
you can't really tell how well you are doing, The manager does not have any meeting with staff or even one on ones, There is no motivating factors.
Love it here
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
I like it here a lot but it is time to move on. The culture is very kind and it still feels like a family business. The work is interesting and varied, which helps to keep it from getting repetitive.
Pros
Work life balance, great people
Great company to work for
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
I've learned so much while working at NKF over the past several years. I entered into this industry with no real estate background, and I now feel as though I have a strong foundation of industry knowledge. I have been given multiple opportunities to cross-train with other departments and entities within the company, and have always felt supported in my growth and development as an employee. All in all, it has been a real pleasure to be a part of the growth of this company over the last few years.
Pros
Lots of paid holidays, great maternity leave and short term disability policies, compensation and recognition for jobs well done
Cons
Expensive benefits; difficult brokers; growing pains
Great people, Very busy
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 24, 2017
Best part of job is the guys that I work with. Hardest part is having to let someone go if they aren't performing. And working so many hours and being on call.
Pros
People, Setting (Beautiful campus)
Cons
A very up-beat company people can be decent at times.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
I would still b there right now it's unfortunate my manager was a basket case. I loved the people, the process was a good flowing one, location was perfect, it was a good experience overall. I would go back!
Pros
location, overtime, people are nice
Cons
pay low, office space small and out dated.
Fast Paced
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Highly skilled professionals. Fast paced enviornment, many long hours of work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to learn the Real Estate industry by one of the best Brokers in the company at that time.
Laid off after stabilizing the position transfer
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 6, 2017
I cannot give this employer a high rating as they "used" me during the account acquisition of Aetna/Coventry Health Care. After I trained their existing manager, they laid me off.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Dishonest
Typical property management firm
Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 28, 2017
Typical property management firm. Upper management wasn't the best in the Denver Area but that always depends on your portfolio. Good benefits and paid time off.
Great Management
Tririga Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 10, 2017
You couldn't ask for a better group of people to work for and with. Management is always trying to provide training and mentoring for those who are trying to improve their skill set.
Pros
People, pay
Cons
Healthcare cost is high
Productive, energetic work environment with excellent learning opportunities.
Payroll Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 9, 2017
I'm basically my own boss, my direct manager leaves me to do my job and is pleased with the output. We work with an older version of Oracle so finding peers is very challenging as there are so few that work with this version of Oracle. I've learned a great deal about Oracle, my overall experience level has not moved much as I am virtually a stand alone department within the HR-Finance arena. Management is solid at our corporate office, unfortunately that trend does not always prevail amongst the rest of the company. Figuring out what the heck Oracle is doing and how ADP is extracting the data, it's frustrating at times since we often have to configure taxation at the granular level as opposed to other more modern software that have parent child relationships where you do the configuration at a higher level and thus can be applied at a higher level than at the employee (or granular) level. Figuring out what Oracle is doing with the data and how ADP is extracting it, it's a double edged sword as the very thing that is difficult brings about the highest level of satisfaction when it is revealed.
Pros
Aggresive company with good vision
Cons
Sometimes complacent with upgrades to existing softwares
Not good management
Title - Transaction Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2017
You are so micor managed by the BOM it's rediculous. We got a new one, nothing changed, because it comes from our VP, whom is a liar in all aspects.

Not a good company to work for, no room for advancement, and they do not care about you at all.

Management in lower level not good.
Pros
Cons
micro management
The Vendors are respectful
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2017
The company in whole is good. I Believe the company is going in the right direction as i think it can continue to exceed.The coworkers are easy to get along with.
Needs work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2017
One man can not run a zoo. It takes a bundle of people to work together. It takes equality and making sure that everyone is treated fairly. I am not impressed with the CEO since I have been here. However, my upper management is amazing.
Pros
good pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Poor Judgement, stressful
Depends who you work with
Commercial Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2017
Significantly depends on who you are working with. The company has a lot of opportunities to offer to people but concerned how some may manage to those looking to learn and be challenged
Cons
New Upper Management is poor leader
A good place to work
Night Porter / cleaner (Current Employee) –  44 & 1ave Ny NycMay 10, 2017
I'm working for the company for 10 years started as a security guard at night time in the lobby and work my way to cleaner no real training was given to me learn as you go but overall it's a good place for stability
Pros
Good pay great benefits
Cons
No overtime no advancement dead end job
Stable work environment.
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 25, 2017
Stable work environment. Unfortunately the company is not very proactive in creating opportunities for employees in the U.S. to advance. They do not respect the basic employee.