Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

This place is great to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 11, 2017
Newmont is a good company to work for they send you to classes and schooling to get you trained on the things that you need help with like electrical and hydraulics. this company taught me all about working on heavy equipment such as dozers, graders, shovels, drills, haul trucks, and excavators. they teach people what they need to know and to be self sufficient out in the field to work on all kinds of equipment.
Cons
health care and schooling or classes
Good place to work and learn as well
Resource Modeler Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, ColoradoFebruary 10, 2017
Good place to work with very intelligent and experienced employees. Although I worked as an intern because I was still a student, my supervisor assigned a challenging resource modeling project for me, which helped me to learn a lot.
Pros
Worked hard to come up with some results. Good atmosphere to work.
Cons
I had no problem with the work.
Very good company to work for.
Miner - Trainer - Leadman (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVJanuary 25, 2017
Very good company to work for strong on safety and advancement. Money and benefits are very good. Supervisors more than willing to listen and give feedback.
Hard working environment and training
Crop compensation unit (Former Employee) –  AhafoJanuary 25, 2017
Working with newmont Ghana gold limited was a loving company that I felt like working with till the rest of my life, it a company that know and deal with the well being of it workers, they think about the safety of their workers and safety is their first priority
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Education and great oppurtunity
HSLP Rep (Current Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVJanuary 12, 2017
Newmont has offered me many chances to advance in my career. I began working and a labor and have worked my way into a Health and Safety role.
Pros
Strong safety values, good training experiences
Cons
Good place to work with safety as a top priority
Underground Miner (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day as an underground miner starts with a pass down from the previous shift, engaging in safety meeting, lineout meeting, and pre-operation inspection on equipment. Remainder of the day consists of working on your assigned equipment.
The best company I have ever worked for
Job Duties - Haul Truck/Water truck operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NV 89801January 8, 2017
I enjoyed driving large equipment. I was able to driver different types of equipment. This company's number one thing was safety over production.
Great Ssecurity
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVNovember 30, 2016
Checked incomming and outgoing workers. Checked all buildings and areas of mine

Management was great

Co workers were good

Constant driving for 12 hour shifts

Contact with the workers
Pros
Total uniforms provided for summer and winter
Cons
The main gate did not have any bathroom facilities
Hard and fulfilling.
Welder Tech (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 9, 2016
I worked 3 days a week and went to school 4 days per week. This company provided an opportunity to apply what I was learning in school. The experience was most rewarding.
Good Company
Mine Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 6, 2016
Great place to work at the site level. This company provided an excellent opportunity to work at an operating gold mine with safety as a core value. Thanks.
Great company
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 19, 2016
fantastic company to work for. Allow creative approaches to resolve the tasks which are assigned as opposed to enforcing a rigid work environment.

Constantly received helpful feedback but not in an overbearing way.

Great compensation for the position, great people, but most importantly I have no complaints in regards to any aspect of the company.
No Job Stability
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cripple Creek, COOctober 2, 2016
If you want to make a good amount of money and can run mining equipment its ok. However.... if you value job stability or life outside of work this place is not for you.
A non forgiving work environment that requires you to work rotating shifts with no breaks at all and keeps you at it 14 hours a shift plus drive time... Deadly consequences are inherent.

Management is ok but are all out for themselves and will trade you in like a used Honda. Be aware of this cutthroat society.

NO INTERNET ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. Buddy system in high flow here folks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, no advancement opportunities
Productive and good workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUSeptember 27, 2016
I always start my work confidently, to boost my energy for the whole day. i learned how to do right and good job. They have good management . my co-workers are good companion and cooperates well . my hardest part of the job is working the tunnel under the ground. and my enjoyable part of the job is when you finish your work excellently
good
process leach opertor (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 24, 2016
in leach department.monitor sulition threw the columns and out to the pads, checking for broken lines. the crusher circuit operte gyro and jaw circuit. the mangement left me alone to run the place and working with co- worker in good spriit, the hardest and stressfull is working nightshift and the enyoyable is working dayshift
Operations was perfect, well structured
Operator - Security Command Centre (Former Employee) –  Airport West, AccraJuly 21, 2016
There was a data theft (Hard disk drive) in the command center where as the IT officer who works on those unused system denied tempering with it. It was observed that, they want to shift the blame game on the Operators. It was relayed to management where investigator were called in. It was confessed.
Cons
productive and safety concious environment to work
Health, Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AkyemJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work usually involves meeting the crew (during Pre-shift meeting) and meeting management on production front. Discuss safety issues concerning operators and artisans Getting to the various sections of the job. Conducting Inspections and interacting with people.
I enjoy interacting with people on the job about safety
Pros
Safety is a priority in every job
Cons
Some people demean blacks
Good job, good environment
Instrumentation/Electrical/Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVJuly 16, 2016
Enjoyed different experiences, I have never worked with cyanide,
or cyanide detectors. I learned a lot. I have never worked in a gold mill before.
Management Is HORRIBLE and clueless
IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2016
If there was the perfect example of NON-TECHNICAL management its the IT Management here. They hire low grade engineers based on who they know. They don't know how to pick good talent because, well they don't know the answers themselves. It is completely pointless to have non-technical managers and it should not be allowed. The infrastructure manager there literally knew nothing about infrastructure much less networking. He was condescending and didn't appreciate talent that he did have... well because he doesn't know how to judge talent. The ONLY person that knew what they were doing was the Exchange Engineer. Everyone else was a joke. The "VMware Engineer" basically just used VMware support to get everything done. They had Jrs doing tasks above their pay grade and never rewarded. If you want awesome benefits this is the place for you. However, if you want to move up there you have to be part of the cool club and suck up MAJORLY "KG". One guy was there for 2 years at the corp office and ended up a director. The guy was horrible at his job and was a micro manager AHEM KG. The advancement there is not based on how hard you work. Its based on who you go to happy hour with and who you play fantasy football with. The IT Director is a really nice guy but also oblivious to all of the happenings and doesnt recognize hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Pretty much everything else. MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE
Excellent Place for Internship
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
I did an internship with Newmont Mining's Supply Chain Group and found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Management were solid mentors.
The hardest part of the job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko County, NVJune 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job is making sure every one else is worrying about their safety as much as you worry about yours so that you all go home safe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newmont Mining. Our community is ready to answer.

88%