Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

It is a good job
Mine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oasis, NVOctober 31, 2017
Very is very interesting and challenging. The problems that arise are a very good test of your skills! It is a new mine so it is a work in progress that both makes it fun and a little frustrating.
Productive and challenging
Process Foreman (Current Employee) –  6 miles north of Carlin, NVOctober 6, 2017
The company provided great opportunities to learn different skills. The Newmont Legacy Fund provided money for different community charities. They are a company that's puts their employees safety first and production last.
Pros
Benefits were excellent
Cons
Work schedule, rotating shifts
Benifits for the employee
Drift Mechanic underground (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVOctober 4, 2017
BUS RIDE to work and home. there was a 20.000 dallar Tool loan allowance and paid back with no tax or interest.. safety products were no limit. you needed Glasses they provided. they purchaced your first boots. no questions asked.. alot of benifits.
Good place
Miner (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy the pace of work there. I was able to get training in areas I was lacking those skills. Large mixture of ethnic backgrounds and cultures. Makes working there fun and interesting.
Pros
Safety, and good trainging
Cons
work Schedule days on to days off
Good pay but the company turns over IT every 2 to 3 years
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 11, 2017
The company lures you with the prospect of good pay but if you are working on the IT side, executive management looks at this division as a number and nothing else. The environment is not bad and the customers are easy to work with for the most part. But I was laid off because they wanted to go with a 3rd party company to handle their service desk and they had done the exact same thing 3 years ago with miserable results. I would not recommend working for a company that can't learn from it's mistakes.
Pros
Pay, flexible schedules
Cons
Executive management is out of touch
Corporate Role with Great Benefits
Senior Site Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cripple Creek, COSeptember 9, 2017
Newmont does provide great benefits to their employees. However, the work life balance is not ideal. The work days are long but the weeks are short for admin. It is a great place to work to start your career though.
it was a great experience!
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVAugust 14, 2017
as a summer student i was able to learn new things and get out of my comfort zone. all employees are outstanding with watching over each other. It also gave me the opportunity to meet new people and interact with them with their education as well.
Good pay and benifits
Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVAugust 8, 2017
good pay per hour, room for growth within the company, classes offered to further personal growth. long hour days with travel to and from work decent vacation time
all good loved working for sue edwards.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 5, 2017
i cant complain abt newmont i reaaly loved my job. and all my co-workes. i want to work for newmont again and show them i can be honest and not let my personal life come to work..
Cons
healthy place to develop a career
ORE CONTROL/PRODUCTION GEOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  ABIREMJuly 18, 2017
safety focused and very productive days at word.
focused on development of workers to give out their best at work
all workers showed positive attitude towards work
Team-collaboration using needed skills and divisions input, suggestions, scheduling
Asset Recovery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elko, NV. And Winnemucca, NVJuly 10, 2017
Newmont is a forward thinking and progressive company. Newmont is aware of the core business, and remains focused to achieve annual objectives. Safety is first always. Employees are well compensated. Employees have proper tools to complete their job. Newmont considers the exterior dynamics of their business. Family, Community, Sustainable growth initiatives.
Health insurance, dental, vision, life
HSA card system
Flex spending to aid in costs for child care
Pension plan
Life on mine planning - long and short range
Pros
Safety#1. Work expectation high; quality work; stop ask. Speak up good or bad. Work at it together
Cons
True mentoring program needed, hiring communication takes too long, stellar employees move on
Good place
CIC Process Operator (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 24, 2017
Good place to work. Nice start up plant. Plant had a lot of issues at the start (still plenty of them). Slowly, and I mean very slowly, working out the kinks in the process.
Pros
Decent pay. They transport you to work.
Cons
Not a ton of room for advancement, Management not really open to correcting issues in the plant, They would rather band aid the issue and limp by instead of investing in proper equipment
Bad working environment and schedule
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Cripple Creek, COJune 22, 2017
I did not like working for Newmont at all. The management at the Cripple Creek Mine did not seem experienced. They definitely took production over safety. I have been in the mining industry for 12 years and this was the most unorganized place I have ever worked. They never had parts to do jobs correctly. Newmont was not a safe place to work.
Pros
Good pay, alright benifits
Cons
Bad working environment, horrible work schedule
Helpful work environment
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVJune 17, 2017
Newmont is huge on safety, it's probably their number one priority. I've been very lucky to work with people who want me to learn and advance in my field.
so far so good
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Battle Mountain, NVMay 23, 2017
Great company and great people, safety is always put first! they take time to make the safety culture part of their everyday life. and they take very good care of their employees
Good career opportunities
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Paramaribo, Suriname, South AmericaMay 23, 2017
I loved working abroad. Great experience. Great management. I didnt feel any pressure. Job was safe and professional.
Wasnt perfect but excellent. I would work for them again in the future.
Pros
Learning
Cons
traveling was long
Environmental Manager responsible for 3 mining areas
Senior Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 9, 2017
Established environmental management systems, hired and trained more than 25 environmental staff. Negotiated with regulators, trained regulator inspectors.
Great Company
Assay Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 4, 2017
Great company. great benefits, and great co workers. I really loved it there and the pay was great. I plan to go back to work for them and live Nevada
SQL Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 20, 2017
Newmont is a great place to work as long as you understand that your job may not be secure when gold prices drop. Management is easy to get along with and they understand the work life balance. I would still be there if my position was not cut during lay-offs caused by dropping gold prices.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
job security
Great people
Director, Reporting and Technical Accounting (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 20, 2017
Very focused accounting and planning team with an ability to deliver results and meet stakeholder needs. Geared to career and development opportunities through training and on the job experiences.