Newport Academy Employee Reviews

I love my job!
Equine Staff, Barn Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, CTJuly 12, 2017
Being part of the equine staff has been a wonderful experience! I first began my career here at Newport while I was in college and did simple night checks on the horses (job took less than an hour). Less than a year later I was able to increase my hours and take on PM horse care. After a little over a year I was offered the position as the Barn Manager! Our staff is friendly, drama free, well knowledgable in their field, easily to talk to, and capable of doing their work independently.

Overall, being part of the equine staff is a great job! Great pay compared to what you will see for the average barn staff, the barn is run so that tasks are easy and quick, staff is great to work with and opportunities are given to the right employee.
Not a supportive environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, CT 06751June 20, 2017
I worked at Newport, and if something ever happened to you, you didn't get any form of back up or assistance. you are told to work and the clients safety is most important, even over your own if said client gets hostile.
no room for advancement
equine staff (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, CT 06751May 24, 2017
I was employed by Newport Academy for 1.5 years. My department manager was a poor communicator and not supportive to the department staff. Newport Academy was great for short-term employment but not a place for personal and professional growth
Short term work applicable.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 17, 2017
This is a great job for short term work. No room for advancement currently which has forced other to move on sooner than they would like. Pay is decent.
Fun environment dedicated to helping families
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 2, 2015
I am an IT Specialist working for Newport Academy, a teenage rehab center dedicated in helping teenagers overcoming drug and alcohol abuse as well as helping their relationship with the families. A typical day at work for me includes resolving any technical issues that arises as well as help improve and upgrade Newport Academy with any technical needs (upgrade software, application suggestions). Management and co-workers are cooperative and supportive. The hardest part of my job is being the only IT person to resolve all technical issues for the company but it is also the most enjoyable part because I enjoy helping my co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No room for advancement
Semi-fun environment with lots of rewards
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 30, 2014
A basic day as a CC had me interacting with the adolescents. Whether it was helping them through a recovery assignment or questions about recovery, or playing a game with them to show them that recovery is fun. I would also drive them to meetings and dispense medication. I also had to do things around the house such as keep the rooms tidy and do dishes and such.

Want to know more about Newport Academy?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newport Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7