News America Marketing (newsamerica.com) is the nation’s premier marketing-services company, with more than $1 billion in annual revenue. We offer advertisers a broad portfolio of in-store, home-delivered and digital tools, providing them with the solutions they need to break through the clutter of today’s marketplace. Our powerful advertising and promotion programs, united under the SmartSource brand name, are relied upon by the country’s largest consumer- packaged goods manufacturers for their unparalleled consumer reach.
News America Marketing is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; Temporary ASX tickers: NNC, NNCLV) a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises leading businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, sports programming in Australia, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education, and pay-TV distribution in Australia. Headquartered in New York, the activities of News Corp are conducted primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom. More information: www.newscorp.com.
The Digital Marketing Specialist reports into the VP of Marketing and is responsible for creation, development and deliverables to support the Digital Team’s current and developmental business activities.
This position is responsible for Marketing support of new and existing Digital products , coordinating product research, market analysis, developing and coordinating launch plans with cross functional teams, including marketing services, communications, Sales, IT, Operations and Trade Sales.
- Detail market requirements for current and future products and create timelines for completion of those requirements.
- Collaborate with all cross functional internal teams, in particular Marketing, Digital Sales and Trade Sales to better market company/products in consumer facing marketplace
- Support the management team in evaluation of new organic and non-organic product opportunities including evaluating target markets and fit with current product offering
- Work with Marketing research and IT to ensure the appropriate tools are available and accessable to NAM Sales and its clients.
- Develop and update all marketing/ sales collateral with marketing services team with a focus on best practices/ best in class executions.
- Work with Digital Operations and Sales to ensure appropriate order processing and workflows exist to maximize the business, e.g., how to maximize banner advertising across sites; assist in writing/evaluating RFPs and impact on internal processes.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of competitive offerings by visiting competitors sites, reading industry materials, contributing to the “In the News” weekly sales dashboard.
Partner with Corporate Communications to ensure strong Public Relations presence and oversee social media direction.
- Bachelors Degree, Digital Marketing background a plus
- 2-3 years experience in Digital Marketing
- Strong Customer service & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills