News America Marketing Employee Reviews

great place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 20, 2017
good place to work great people to work for Great hours Its a fun place to work People are friendly and your meeting different people every day and just a fun time
Good PT Work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 6, 2017
Work can be busy one minute and slow the next, don't expect a lot of hours all of the time, but its good for extra money nothing to live on though..
Its a lot of driving bending and using tools to set adds so be prepared for adds coming to your home and to have a place for all of the adapters and unit pieces you will need to take with you on any given job. you also follow direction from a handheld computer that shows you all of your work and input your payroll.
Pros
Busy work and fun
Cons
Sometimes you have to get many jobs done in a day also a lot of driving
A very great place to grow and work.
Accounts Payable media Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 2, 2017
NAM was full of work. Great environment to work in. I made plenty of friends. Learned time management. Training employees was a small challenge.
THe workplace was equal and friendly.
I loved meeting and beating my daily goals!
Pros
Excellent benefits. Entertainment for employees.
Average place to work
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
Compensation and work-life balance is good. The promotion structure is not. Managers play favorites and some get promoted that shouldn't. Account coordinators experiences are very dependent on their Account directors, so don't get a bad one.
week ends off
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2017
managing 10 merchandisers stocking product completing sales
keeping part time employees work place morall was high,
learned a lot of new updated tec
Good employer
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 11, 2017
Would recommend this to anyone. My district is well run and they require extensive training. The gas card is a nice bonus and you get paid driving time after your first store.
Pros
Gas card, paid driving time
Cons
Long entry process
Exciting place to work
In-Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OhioApril 1, 2017
This is a great par-time position. They work with you and provide a very flexible schedule for work completion.

They pay for travel, computer expenses. Provide ink and paper.

Great communication via email.
Pros
Very accomadating
Cons
No Benefits
Sales at News America Marketing
Account Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 29, 2017
News America has a great sales training & development program, and will look great on your resume should you continue on with sales. Additionally, they really only hire out-of-school, so the company is young and fun. In News America's case, they have a hard time adjusting to the needs & motivations of Millennials, and do not provide much flexibility with your working environment. Your happiness at the company also very much depends on the management team you work with, and it doesn't appear many managers at the company receive adequate training to equip them with the skills needed.
Pros
People, lots of responsibility working with big name clients
Cons
Management, little autonomy, no flexibility
enjoyed working
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 23, 2017
News America was a great company to work for if you value a job that entitles oneself to work at your own pace and own hours, ample time was given to complete directives..The company provided a portal and you were given an allotted gas allowance depending on the size and how many stores in your territory.
Flexible Career with great benefits
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  all cities in the U.SMarch 22, 2017
Awesome job with flexibility to work around your family and schedule. Health benefits, Vacation, Retirement, Sick leave available. Full and part time positions available. Work your own schedule.
Pros
pay for travel, promotions, on going training.
Cons
travel
Its okay if you want to travel a lot
Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
If you like traveling all over your district everyday and going to different stores then this place is for you. I couldn't do this and go to school because i was spending more on gas than getting paid.
Pros
traveling
Cons
Gas money
fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 7, 2017
Meet alots of people, travel with this job, great weekend kind of job. Or if your just looking for a part time job, it will also do. Set your own schedule for the month
Awesome company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Place correct signage up in spots in various stores, check stock of upcoming sale products, enter information into a computer.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of mileage to drive
Good part time position with flexible schedule.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Northwest Oregon and SW WashingtonFebruary 6, 2017
Good position for stay at home moms because of flexible hours. Below average wage for industry. Does not offer benefits other than a profitable 401k program.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Low wages, no benefits, wear and tear on auto
Ok
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2017
News America Marketing is a very good company. I enjoyed working for this company as I was able to make my own schedule. Compensation was good as well.
Flexible and enjoyable!
Ad Changer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work, and very flexible. Great part time job! Nobody is standing over you, work at a reasonable pace and get the job done with no pressure!
Fun Job, Exceptional Work/Life Balance, Low Pay
Part time marketing representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2017
The fun of meeting so many people and schedule flexibility far outweigh the low pay and lack of advancement opportunities. Catching on to using equipment is a pretty painless process although it does take a little time, but once you are comfortable with that the job is a breeze. I enjoy moving from store to store; keeps the job from becoming boring. Our regional manager is great to work for. Like most large companies I think management does tend to expect more than they pay for in relation to their part-time reps, but since we are treated as valuable by our direct supervisor, that makes all the difference. The hardest part for me is application of floor signs. The most enjoyable is the people I meet and the satisfaction of being able to do my job well because I have the support I need from coworkers and area supervisor.
Pros
Set your own schedule.
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement opportunity
Most Flexible Part-Time Job
In store Representitive (Former Employee) –  ReigonalJanuary 9, 2017
I loved working for NAM. My area manager was great. The hours were perfect and fit my stay-at-home mom schedule. The work was a little difficult to understand at first, but quickly became second nature. I would still be doing this job if I could.
Pros
Flexible, Easy
Make your own schedule
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Liked managing my own time ........
Not for the lazy or not motivated
Get a gas card that never works
Cool pay more
Idk what else u want from me
Pros
Cool
Cons
Not enough $
not really a good job
Assistant In-store Rep (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CADecember 30, 2016
not really a good job. the supervisor is rude at times and sometimes you get talked to as a machine and not a person. the only benefit is the pay and the work is easy.
Pros
get payed for easy work
Cons
supervisor is rude and annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

News America Marketing Reviews by Location