News America Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

Alot of work
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
Their isn't anything in particular I don't like about the company. I don't understand why they update and change things every week, that has become somewhat frustrating. The Market Managers in my area (Baltimore) are very friendly and helpful. An increase in compensation to make the position more competitive would be nice,
Pros
Make your own work schedule, set your own routine
Cons
Tons of equipment to lug between stores, have to physically attend monthly meeting (not a conference call)
Good company but terrible work/life balance
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2016
This a good, stable company. Management is great.
That being said... they expect their Area managers to work 60 hours per week.
"Anything it takes to get the job done" is their motto.

Because of this, they have very high turnover. Employees get burned out very fast.
Cons
Terrible work/life balance
Don't go on Medical leave !!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 29, 2016
I was fine as a merchandiser with my job here NAM til I when on Medical leave. These people went behind my back and moved my territory and my supervisor. You can't truth these people at all. My work load was depleted and hours. The new supervisor didn't live in area. Had no clue as too what anybody needed. I couldn't stay the btch. than she tells me I need more training. How would you feel about this if you had been there for 18 months ? I truly loved this job. then this btch came in and destroyed everything.
Pros
could make our hours. Made some good marketing skills.
Cons
not enough money on gas card .and pay could be better
Work is wonderful and can work what hours during the day you prefer
Field Service Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2015
Overall the job as a field Merchandiser with name is wonderful, the flexibility of being able to work during the day around life and family is the biggest positive. Compensation is low compared to most of the other merchandising companys pay,. Job Security or advancement doesn't really apply. Management: my area manager Maria is cool, but doesn't communicate well or listen well for that matter. when she calls she is very rush rush not even taking a moment to listen if there may be a issue that caused you to not report on time. Very UNPROFESSIONAL dresser, women managers in this sort of field where you are in the public eye should never wear the low cut items nor the short skirts etc.
Pros
flexibility, easy work
Cons
managers and low pay
Great make your own schedule for the most part
Marketing Advertiser (Former Employee) –  North Portland, ORMarch 15, 2016
Typical week started with sorting advertising material based on stores requirements. Then driving to each store to place merchandise and photograph specific placement. Individual working environment except for monthly meeting with walk through and demo of merchandizing. Hardest part of job was abundant hours first week of month and less each week after. Not consistent hours. Best part was being able to take care of family matters as long as all jobs were done by due date.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
carrying a lot of materials
Good place to work as a second job or retirement person
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2016
This is a good second job, or if your only looking for part time or are retired and need some extra money. Not alot of hours here. but the job is simple enough that anyone can do it with little difficulty.
Pros
paid every two weeks
Cons
not a lot of hours
flexible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2016
After training, work alone to organize, place ads & coupons to draw
attention to specific products
Projects have 5 day window to complete
Equipment, ads and coupons sent direct to Rep not the store
Company Assigned Laptop to report projects
Manager available for any issues
Pros
flexible hours, 401, supplies sent to Rep
Cons
storage of equipment, pay
Enjoyed working with many differant people and the travel
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
Traveled to 66 stores on a bi weekly schedule. Worked in various store styles including grocery stores, big box stores, and mini marks at gas stations. The work varied depending on the store style though mainly the same tasks.
Pros
work on my own schedule
Cons
so many stores to keep track of
Nice place to work, bit to far to travel for most in Dutchess county
SR SYSTEMS and CITRIX ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 9, 2016
Could be a little more relaxed, very up tight people who worked there. Most managers managed by intimidation and fear. They want most of the staff to work overtime just for the sake of working. Had nothing to do with deadlines. I believe if an employee meets his goals and his deadlines, nothing more to ask.
Company pay isn't fair
Field representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 18, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, but the pay is not competitive. New hires with no experience make the same or more than seasoned reps who have been with the company for many years
Pros
Fun job, flexible hours
Cons
Pay isn't fair, storage of tons of equipment is expected and not compensated for
News America Marketing
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 23, 2016
I went into grocery stores, dollar stores and drug stores and placed ads for this company. This depended on whatever they were wanting to promote at the time.
Pros
Worked whatever hours I wanted to work
Cons
No benefits
Great company to work for. Flexibility in schedule.
Area Manager, Field Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2015
The work is hard an d time consuming at times and easier with flexibility at others.
Management is great to work for and understands the demands on the field.
Pros
Flexibility, company car, fun place to work
Cons
can be long hours, turnover is high for part-time employees
Marketing Associate
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
Good entry level opportunity for those looking to get into advertising sales. Company culture was a little a Sorority. A lot of marketing and data pulling so knowledge of Excel is helpful.
It was okay
N/A (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 20, 2016
Typical work day is everyone enters at 9 and you can leave at 5 pm. Most of the time depending on which department you're in. I learned a lot from my role which I was in. I just didn't enjoy the culture or the management here personally.
Micro management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  AlaskaApril 11, 2016
Micro manager, not enough travel time money and I only get one tank of gas on the gas card cheap
Would I recommend this company NO
Too much driving around on my expense
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Everything comes to house
Boring
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 5, 2016
While this job has it perks, its really boring. This job isn't hard at all, easy as a matter of fact no challenge at all. One this you will learn a lot about new product and how the advertising of that product works.
Poor management. Need to revamp
Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 16, 2016
Bad place to work. Too much expected to store product at your house. No thank you. Too much expected for too little of work. Manager manages as if she works in a retail store.
Pros
Cons
No chances to succeed
n/a
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2016
this is more of a second job not meant to get a lot of hours but its a easy job but it is also the best either it can fun and challenging at the same time
Wonderful caring company to work for!
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 28, 2013
Mondays and Fridays I worked out of my home office. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I traveled. On those days I was on the road or boarding a plane by 6am. I learned all of my outstanding qualifications while working for this company. My Manager was a wonderful person, she was very helpful and made me succeed. My co-workers were great people and I am still in contact with them. The hardest part of the job was learning when to turn off work. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people all across the Northeast every week.
Pros
benifits
Cons
sometimes very long workdays
Part time/flex hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
While I have enjoyed the flexibility of being able to set my own hours, I have missed having benefits. Great place to work for a self-motivated person.

News America Marketing Reviews by Location