News America Marketing

News America Marketing United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
sales rep (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2015
Fine company to work for. I would recomment it to anyone who wants to work hard and have rewards of work well done ! Personal are great to work with.
Part time/flex hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
While I have enjoyed the flexibility of being able to set my own hours, I have missed having benefits. Great place to work for a self-motivated person.
I find this to be a fair company and don't have any complaints
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston TXMarch 13, 2015
I find this to be a fair company and don't have any complaints. I have only been here for 3 weeks and think it a good job for students or people to supplement other part time work
Merchandising
Program Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay is low
Managing part-time employees, merchandising in stores over a large area. Often unrealistic expectations sent down from upper management.
The best!
Smart Source Cart Marketing (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: there so many to she hired my brother and a friend of the family.
Cons: none she special
She was great I learned so much her! When I asked for extra work she did what ever she could. My Brother and put adds all over city. Nothing hard about it.
Must have experience in marketing
POP, merchandising (Current Employee), Wilton, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: some help with gas.
Cons: must carry a lot of equipment in your automobile.
Inconsistent feedback from immediate supervisors, i.e., sometimes they give you the info you request and sometimes not. meetings are inconsistent. Frequent mistakes in shipping. Handhelds are old and falling apart. Lots of turnover.
Co-workers are friendly(as we are supposed to be) and helpful but fraternization is highly discouraged.
The hardest part of the job is territory area assignments. Some accounts in my territory require me driving through another territory. Management says it's too hard to get the shipping changed for territory assignments.
Love the variety of accounts and making friends with clients.
Variable schedule
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee), McGehee, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: too far of a travel
Very little to no supervision, worked alone, too much traveling.
Great place to start
Account Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to start your sales career. The sales development programs gets you ready for the real world and understand what it takes to become a sales person. Great experience running marketing programs and being a liaison between the client and internal support teams to run a flawless execution.
Great first job
Account Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2014
Great company with an extensive development program. Management is very transparent with employees as to what in going on in the company.

Lots of room for growth if you're willing to work for it!
excellent managers and employees but with little benefit and small compensation for work.
Field Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton ORNovember 28, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: little benefit and no actual regularity in work.
It was an experience to learn from. The employees and Managers were all great to work with and to collaborate with, way to much work for so little benefit. The work was erratic there was no way of actually maintaining a level of continuous regular hours.
Changing and Maintaining advertising for Grocery and Drug stores
Independent Advertising Representative (Former Employee), corporate office in Wilton, CTNovember 2, 2014
Pros: pick my own schedule within some limits
Cons: not full time work except during ad change
Enter the stores and make sure our ads are still present and if they are damaged to replace them. If a coupon machine is out or malfunctioning we fix the problem. During ad change week we are in the store for a longer period of time and do a complete change of all ads in the store. Materials are mailed to my home as well as tools and equipment when needed for the ad changes and maintenance.
in stores and in your car alot
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Dover, OHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: you are able to manage your own time
Cons: no structure
travel to 4 or more stores a day, count out of date stock, deal with attitudes at stores,like you are in the way when you are just trying to do your job. no real co workers, you are on your own mostly.
Media Buying
Media Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Currently working in the Media department for the News America. I build relationships daily with newspaper groups throughout the nation and ensure that we receive the best possible rates for all our programs.
Extremely corporate culture; Account Coordinators are basically data-entry assistants
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
If you are looking for a rigid, corporate culture and the ability to act as an administrative assistant for more than a year before actually selling anything (with key tasks including printing presentations for your manager), News America's sales development program is the position for you!

I do not recommend this position if you have a strong thirst for getting into sales right away. You technically cannot sell anything until 15 months in, which they make very explicit, but you don't realize how antsy you'll get. Additionally, if company culture is very important to you, this might not be the best place for you. Although there are a number of great people working for the company, the business professional/casual dress code is outdated, you are not allowed to work from home, and you must be willing to play a political game to move up more quickly.
Independent Persons Required
Field Representative (Former Employee), Bend, ORAugust 17, 2014
Pros: good job for a student or single person, fun interacting with the public
Cons: pay is low, company is unorganized, sporadic schedule
When I first started this job, the job description was not accurately verbalized to me. It was clear however, the hours would dwindle as the cycle went on and busy in the beginning of each cycle. There is no schedule, the company says you can work when you want to and at your own pace but there are multiple deadlines and each representative has too many stores. The part time position you are led to believe you will have turns into full-time split shifts because multiple trips are necessary. Sometimes the jobs can only be completed after 9pm making it necessary to be out late at night.
Hard work, with amazing experience
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Anything good, doesn't come easy, but the experience you'll get at News America is top notch. Working for a News Corp. company doesn't hurt on the resume.
Horrible Core
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: modern office
Cons: horrible management. manager treat employees with no respect, and hr is the worst offender..
The office is beautiful but it's rotten to the core! Horrible management!
Very flexible company, work as your own boss.
Field Marketing Agent (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: loose time table, work at your own pace, do as much or as little as you can every day
Cons: only 1 week a month was full time pay, the rest were part time weeks.
Typical day involved installing, removing, and maintaining in-store advertisements in grocery stores and pharmacies. Deadlines were one week and you work at your own pace. Work was monitored through tablet PCs issued to each representative.
Great learning experience
Core Sales Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2014
Learned how to utilize inshore advertising and grow the business through FSI's. Able to network in the big apple.
Freedom, flexibility to work own schedule
Retail Merchandise Specialist, Mosaic (Former Employee), Metro North Kansas City areaMay 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for New America Marketing, going to different stores. Got tired of car being loaded down with coupon machines and related materials needed for the job.

1 2 3 4

About News America Marketing

This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation – Read more

News America Marketing Salaries