Newsday Media Group Employee Reviews

The growth is great
Order Entry Clerk/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 25, 2017
This company is great you won't regret it at all you are able to work around your schedule the pay is worth it thers no reason anyone should get fired cause that dont happen nd if it does its cause of you trust perfect plc
Pros
Growth
Cons
Hours in the beginning
Love newsday
Order Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 9, 2017
theres growth with this company you will love it plus they will work with you if there's a issues its always work for you to do always hours somewhere just know to multitask
Productive and fun workplace
National Business Development Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
Great company. Professional work environment. Employees are given the tools needed to excel. The Management is hands on in a good way. The culture is diverse. it is a supportive enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Rewarded for successes
Cons
Close to home good stepping stone
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Its not a place you want to spend your entire career in. Poor upper management, hard workers never noticed, promotion not given to those who deserve it. Extreme lack of communication. Only good thing are the people you work with and that it is a close commute from home. This company has so much potential for a newspaper but will never go outside the box. Upper Managers like to get away with the minimal effort and just coast with what they know.
Fast pace, social
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYAugust 11, 2016
A ton of employee/client interaction which helps build brand loyalty. Making each experience an amazing one for the client is most important. The late night shifts help build a relationship between co-workers.
Fun, Fun, and more Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 5, 2016
Newsday has always been the best place to work I have always loved newsday. Because I grew up reading this paper and I know all of the staff, I would recommend this place to any and everyone in need of a job or just plain reading the news paper. Great people, great place.
Growing each year
Advertising Sales Manager - RE & Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 3, 2016
This company has evolved and grown and changed as technology has changed. My co-workers are some of the best in the industry and a true pleasure to work with.
Pros
Amazing employees
Cons
Challenges associated with this industry
Customer services rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 16, 2015
Assisted callers in regards to missed papers, payments made to their accounts, changes of address and delivery issues if any.

Catered to Spanish speaking newspaper customers.
Pros
Great hours, part-time schedule
Cons
issues were sometimes beyond our control when it came to delivery
Newsday Media Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist- Newsday Connect (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 4, 2015
Working with SMB's to provide up-to-date digital campaigns in a suite of products designed individually to increase the credibility of the business in order to increase their profitability on a day-to-day business.

Visit existing customers as well to maintain a high-quality sense of customer service...always leaving my information with them to contact me if there is an issue or any questions on their account.
I am a very high customer service-oriented employee which has resulted in a great referral system for me to attain new business.

I am a people person who has always been in a selling capacity in every aspect of any job I have ever had including owning my own businesses for 20 years. This has served as a great advantage for me in my sales positions over the years---first, it puts me in a very good position with client, and secondly, it helps me to recommend products that I know will work for them. It gives me a sense of value and trust for my clients.
Pros
Working with SMB's to help them succeed
Cons
Prefer not to list
Enjoyable job overall
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 21, 2014
A typical day consist of prospecting for new accounts and making presentations to potential clients.
Pros
Team members
Nice People But Constant Layoffs
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MelvilleNovember 27, 2013
Old computers and old computer programs. Too many sales reps and not enough business for all sales reps especially with revenue declining each year.
Pros
Friendly People, annual barbecue
Cons
Constant lay-offs, newspaper has been hit hard with revenue declining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newsday Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.