Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH) Employee Reviews

budget cuts/no advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 16, 2017
the majority of the employees have been there since students & are very headstrong & resistant to change. new ideas are not appreciated & perceived as threatening. high turnover of new hires as they dislike the culture.
Medical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 9, 2017
Best place I ever worked at. I work there for twenty two years, I enjoy every moment I spent there. we had a great team. Good benefice/health coverage.
They have an ice cream social
Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 24, 2017
It has been a satisfying company to work for in general. The pay does not equal the years put in. I have been there for 15 years and new employees are getting paid more than I am for the same type of position.
not comfortable
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 18, 2017
Well the manager does not stop in to say good morning. The only time they would come in, is to see if you are doing your job or complain or find some thing to nit pick at.
fun
Infertility/GYN Surgery NP (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 24, 2017
Great place to work, very team oriented atmosphere
good place for job growth
easy commute
good benefits
MNA support
employee outings and team building
alright place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 15, 2017
over all good culture and people are nice. The lower management needs a lot of work. They seem to care more about trying to advance then there own employees that they are supposed to lead and assist. They have no desire to train properly and when the employee fails they would rather let you go or punish you than train.
Pros
its a nice hospital
Cons
management
busy
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 19, 2017
not bad but poorly managed. hardest part of the job for me was being on call. The most enjoyable part was being able to scan a lot of OB. The equipment was also very good.
Great first job
Cytology Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 14, 2017
NWH is great for someone who has recently graduated college and is looking to work in a laboratory setting. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you.
People I worked with had a good work ethic.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 4, 2017
People I worked with had a good work ethic. A typical day at work included showing patients to their rooms and bringing ice and warm blankets to patients in the waiting area.
fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Weston, MADecember 23, 2016
enjoying be there every day, all you can wish is available to do the wright job. work load is minimal, everyone help each other, great team work, management very helpful, great physician to work for
Pros
advancement/job security/benefits/great place to work
Cons
long commute hours ( 20 plus hours for week on driving )/expenses
Family? Dont believe the hipe
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 14, 2016
Some departments are really nice. I didnt like that i had to work weekends. Most of my co-workers were amazing. Nurses and Doctors arent nice people. Doctors deffinetly rude
Great Hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 7, 2016
A great hospital, very clean, hard-working staff. Easy to get around, friendly staff who are always helpful and available when needed. One of the better Boston Hospitals
Top Notch Community Hospital and Excellent Employer
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 15, 2016
NWH is a compassionate, caring, trusted healthcare provider. Our employees live by our mission "To treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member." Employees feel like they belong here. They feel like they are an important part of a team working together to provide exceptional care for our patients.
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Wonderful Coworkers, Free Parking, Excellent Benefits, Affiliation with Partners
Cons
Smaller hospital
Productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 3, 2016
Everybody is resourceful and knowledgeable of the customer service philosophy. As a result customers are always satisfied
Excellent culture, patient experience culture
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 29, 2016
Excellent experience working with dedicated employees for a common goal. Enhancing the patient's experience as it relates to patient comfort and safety.
35+ years of dedicated service
Pros
Improving the patient's experience
Cons
Fun and productive place to work
AV/Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 23, 2015
Newton-Wellesley has a great work culture. The people is the hospitals single greatest asset. Everybody helps each other.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Not given enough of the right tools to complete the job
see prev
Patient Care Assistant and GI Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 23, 2015
I liked working there, but when I became a nurse, HR took too long to get back to me, which is why I left and started working at Norwood Hospital.
Pros
see prev
Cons
see prev
Excellent Hospital
Per-diem Medical and Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a pleasure to be employed as a social worker at Newton Wellesley Hospital. The staff are very professional and the medical care that is provided to patients is outstanding.
Efficient Unit Coordinator focused on providing the administrative needs of the healthcare team work. Entered orders on the Meditech system.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, MAAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work started by checking the patients diet at Meditech, and print it out the patient list according to the 36 beds at USEN 6. Checked in with the Charge Nurse for any immediate needs. Print out patients orders for out of the floor day tests and checked with the transport department. Checked with appropriate RN on patients list of admission and discharge.

At NWH I learned to work as a team in a fast paced environment. I learned compassion and support. I enjoyed learning about healthcare and be resourceful to patients and their families as needed.

The hardest part of the my job as a Unit Coordinator was when I felt I could not be of help to the healthcare team. English is my second language, and when healthcare providers are very busy with critical cases it was hard for them to understand me. I did not know how to make it better at that time. That is the reason I am applying only for the second/evening shifts which is much more calm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to feel part of the healthcare team, to hear a thank you note from my co-workers, and learn how to contribute for their success in taking care of their patients.

Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a place to learn and work well giving back to the community. The staff, co-workers, managers, physicians, and surgeons are supportive and understandable of the entire NWH employee community.

I appreciate the working team, and I am thankful for the seven years I worked at USEN 6.
Pros
Work provides excellent benefits, intelligent working environment, career with possibility of advancement, tuition reimbursement, exercise classes on campus, excellent affordable meals at employee cafeteria.
Cons
Chances of exposing to pathogens.
All in all, this was an enjoyable place to work. I like to be busy, and this job certainly fit the bill! I didn't like down times.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day for me was grabbing some coffee and something to eat, and getting to my reports right away. If any kind of problem came up I would either go to my boss or to the radiologist, as instructed. I typed reports most of the day.
Pros
The management kindly gave me my own office, and I eventually became a supervisor of radiology transcription, I was eventually allowed to work 3 days at home, which turned into the whole work week, I was given paid time off to get married, The food in the cafeteria was exceptional.
Cons
When I got back from my very short honeymoon, my boss had give my office to someone else, there were no breaks, most people just ate on the run, sometimes there was confusion as to who was doing which report.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.3