Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH)

Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH) Employee Reviews

Used To Be Great
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 2, 2016
This at one time was a fantastic place to work. Before Partners corporate started calling all the shots this was a hospital that really cared about the satisfaction of its employees. The last 4 years have seen the job culture here rapidly declining. Hiring freezes, layoffs, pay increase freezes, nursing strikes, you name it, its going on here. Hopefully one day this hospital will return to its Studer Group principals.
Pros
Free Employee Parking
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, under paid
Top Notch Community Hospital and Excellent Employer
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 15, 2016
NWH is a compassionate, caring, trusted healthcare provider. Our employees live by our mission "To treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member." Employees feel like they belong here. They feel like they are an important part of a team working together to provide exceptional care for our patients.
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Wonderful Coworkers, Free Parking, Excellent Benefits, Affiliation with Partners
Cons
Smaller hospital
Family? Dont believe the hipe
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 14, 2016
Some departments are really nice. I didnt like that i had to work weekends. Most of my co-workers were amazing. Nurses and Doctors arent nice people. Doctors deffinetly rude
Productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 3, 2016
Everybody is resourceful and knowledgeable of the customer service philosophy. As a result customers are always satisfied
Excellent culture, patient experience culture
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 29, 2016
Excellent experience working with dedicated employees for a common goal. Enhancing the patient's experience as it relates to patient comfort and safety.
35+ years of dedicated service
Pros
Improving the patient's experience
Cons
Fun and productive place to work
AV/Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 23, 2015
Newton-Wellesley has a great work culture. The people is the hospitals single greatest asset. Everybody helps each other.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Not given enough of the right tools to complete the job
All in all, this was an enjoyable place to work. I like to be busy, and this job certainly fit the bill! I didn't like down times.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day for me was grabbing some coffee and something to eat, and getting to my reports right away. If any kind of problem came up I would either go to my boss or to the radiologist, as instructed. I typed reports most of the day.
Pros
The management kindly gave me my own office, and I eventually became a supervisor of radiology transcription, I was eventually allowed to work 3 days at home, which turned into the whole work week, I was given paid time off to get married, The food in the cafeteria was exceptional.
Cons
When I got back from my very short honeymoon, my boss had give my office to someone else, there were no breaks, most people just ate on the run, sometimes there was confusion as to who was doing which report.
see prev
Patient Care Assistant and GI Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 23, 2015
I liked working there, but when I became a nurse, HR took too long to get back to me, which is why I left and started working at Norwood Hospital.
Pros
see prev
Cons
see prev
Excellent Hospital
Per-diem Medical and Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a pleasure to be employed as a social worker at Newton Wellesley Hospital. The staff are very professional and the medical care that is provided to patients is outstanding.
Work with every trade felt like a important part of the team
HVAC & Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 22, 2014
I started in engineering as a maintenance mechanic. I work with every trade, learn plumbing, electrical, HVAC all trades. Eventual it helped me decide where i wanted to go. In fact it was the Director Of Engineering that pushed me to get my HVAC license. During a annual review She told that I should take my experience and move on to a more important roll and that is how i ended up where i am today.

This was the greatest place to work and learn
Pros
believed in me at 18 years old to give me a chance
Labor & Delivery
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 11, 2014
I personally had a very positive opinion of N-W Hospital, until I worked there. The hospital was a good place but the issues I ran into were around personal relationships and, as the new part-time guy, I took the heat for anything that went wrong anywhere in the unit, whether I was involved or not. I enjoyed being part of Labor & Delivery but I was very glad that the opportunity at Boston Medical Center came my way when it did.
A great place to work!
Surgical Services Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MAMarch 20, 2012
I worked at Newton-Wellesley Hospital for 15 years. In that time I worked for the Transportation and Storeroom departments. I really enjoyed my time working at Newton-Wellesley Hospital! The staff were friendly, the salary was competitive, and the benefits (vacation time, healthcare insurance etc.) were fantastic! I could not say enough positive things about my years working at Newton-Wellesley Hospital!
Pros
great staff, work environment, salary, and benefits!
Great
Nurse Practitioner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 17, 2013
I loved working with a Nurse Practitioner. This job inspired me to change my major to Nursing. I helped the NP by filling out forms to test biological samples, prepping her examination room between patients, filing patient documents, escorting patients from the waiting room to her office, and taking notes during her appointments. The hardest part of the job was retaining the amount of medical information because I had not yet completed a year in the Nursing major. However, my favorite part of the job was learning everything she could teach me about the OB/GYN department.
Fun place to work, excellent patient care
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 18, 2013
Work in the ED department and with out patients as well. Learned about the machinery and CT training within 3 months of starting my career with Newton-Wellesley, Co-workers work as a team and specialize in patient care and time management. We get a large volume of patients and at times , can be very busy but at the end of the day, you realize how much passion you have for this job and I look forward to it everyday.
Community minded hospital
Sleep Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Despite being part of the larger Partners Healthcare Organization Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a community hospital that cares for it's population of patients as family members.

During my time there I was able to grow and advance my career.
I completed my pediatric clinical at Newton-Wellesley. All the nurses on the floor were very helpful, polite, and very knowledgable.
Clinical rotation for nursing school (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 5, 2011
All the nurses that work on the pediatric floor were very helpful, knowledgable, and patient with our clinical group while we were there as part of our pediatric nursing clinical group.
Excellent environment with oportunities for advancement and promotions.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2012
Great place to work.The staff in my department were very friendly with excellent team spirit.
Pros
free lunches to celebrate and commemorate annual hospital events and holiday celebration.
Cons
short breaks for some departments.
Fast pace work place
GENERAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 3, 2014
I was second shift so I would carrie a pager. A lot of customer service so I had to deal with a lot of sick people. My co workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to handle a lot of calls at once.
Pros
making sick people happy
Cons
short staffed second shift
I liked working here
Clinical Nurse II Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I worked 3-11pm. Those hours worked well for me. I liked the way the unit was run for the most part and the staff was great.
Pros
Good place to work, go co-workers
Cons
like any nursing job no guarantee of breaks
Great hospital, excellent environment, wonderful area.
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I have worked at NWH for 26 years as staff and as an educator. it is a wonderful community hospital with excellent services and a committment to excellence.
Pros
Environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.3