Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH)

Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH) Employee Reviews in United States

Top Notch Community Hospital and Excellent Employer
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 15, 2016
NWH is a compassionate, caring, trusted healthcare provider. Our employees live by our mission "To treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member." Employees feel like they belong here. They feel like they are an important part of a team working together to provide exceptional care for our patients.
Pros
Beautiful Campus, Wonderful Coworkers, Free Parking, Excellent Benefits, Affiliation with Partners
Cons
Smaller hospital
Efficient Unit Coordinator focused on providing the administrative needs of the healthcare team work. Entered orders on the Meditech system.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, MAAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work started by checking the patients diet at Meditech, and print it out the patient list according to the 36 beds at USEN 6. Checked in with the Charge Nurse for any immediate needs. Print out patients orders for out of the floor day tests and checked with the transport department. Checked with appropriate RN on patients list of admission and discharge.

At NWH I learned to work as a team in a fast paced environment. I learned compassion and support. I enjoyed learning about healthcare and be resourceful to patients and their families as needed.

The hardest part of the my job as a Unit Coordinator was when I felt I could not be of help to the healthcare team. English is my second language, and when healthcare providers are very busy with critical cases it was hard for them to understand me. I did not know how to make it better at that time. That is the reason I am applying only for the second/evening shifts which is much more calm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to feel part of the healthcare team, to hear a thank you note from my co-workers, and learn how to contribute for their success in taking care of their patients.

Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a place to learn and work well giving back to the community. The staff, co-workers, managers, physicians, and surgeons are supportive and understandable of the entire NWH employee community.

I appreciate the working team, and I am thankful for the seven years I worked at USEN 6.
Pros
Work provides excellent benefits, intelligent working environment, career with possibility of advancement, tuition reimbursement, exercise classes on campus, excellent affordable meals at employee cafeteria.
Cons
Chances of exposing to pathogens.
Excellent culture, patient experience culture
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 29, 2016
Excellent experience working with dedicated employees for a common goal. Enhancing the patient's experience as it relates to patient comfort and safety.
35+ years of dedicated service
Pros
Improving the patient's experience
Productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 3, 2016
Everybody is resourceful and knowledgeable of the customer service philosophy. As a result customers are always satisfied
All in all, this was an enjoyable place to work. I like to be busy, and this job certainly fit the bill! I didn't like down times.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day for me was grabbing some coffee and something to eat, and getting to my reports right away. If any kind of problem came up I would either go to my boss or to the radiologist, as instructed. I typed reports most of the day.
Pros
The management kindly gave me my own office, and I eventually became a supervisor of radiology transcription, I was eventually allowed to work 3 days at home, which turned into the whole work week, I was given paid time off to get married, The food in the cafeteria was exceptional.
Cons
When I got back from my very short honeymoon, my boss had give my office to someone else, there were no breaks, most people just ate on the run, sometimes there was confusion as to who was doing which report.
Fun and productive place to work
AV/Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 23, 2015
Newton-Wellesley has a great work culture. The people is the hospitals single greatest asset. Everybody helps each other.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Not given enough of the right tools to complete the job
A great place to work!
Surgical Services Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MAMarch 20, 2012
I worked at Newton-Wellesley Hospital for 15 years. In that time I worked for the Transportation and Storeroom departments. I really enjoyed my time working at Newton-Wellesley Hospital! The staff were friendly, the salary was competitive, and the benefits (vacation time, healthcare insurance etc.) were fantastic! I could not say enough positive things about my years working at Newton-Wellesley Hospital!
Pros
great staff, work environment, salary, and benefits!
see prev
Patient Care Assistant and GI Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 23, 2015
I liked working there, but when I became a nurse, HR took too long to get back to me, which is why I left and started working at Norwood Hospital.
Pros
see prev
Cons
see prev
Reputable Organization.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 26, 2014
Fast Paced hospital always striving for patient satisfaction. Many departments have high ratio of female to male employees.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Isolated.
Top 100 hospital
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 5, 2013
NWH has been rated in the top 100 hospitals for many years. It has also been rated as one of the best places to work numerous times. I love my job!

Excellent benefits including healthcare/dental/retirement planning.
Excellent Hospital
Per-diem Medical and Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a pleasure to be employed as a social worker at Newton Wellesley Hospital. The staff are very professional and the medical care that is provided to patients is outstanding.
Fun place to work, excellent patient care
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 18, 2013
Work in the ED department and with out patients as well. Learned about the machinery and CT training within 3 months of starting my career with Newton-Wellesley, Co-workers work as a team and specialize in patient care and time management. We get a large volume of patients and at times , can be very busy but at the end of the day, you realize how much passion you have for this job and I look forward to it everyday.
Community minded hospital
Sleep Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Despite being part of the larger Partners Healthcare Organization Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a community hospital that cares for it's population of patients as family members.

During my time there I was able to grow and advance my career.
This place is a joke, very unprofessional
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 3, 2012
Very poor management, preferential treatment, discrimination, and multiple JCAHO violations. They send staff to studer conferences, and when the staff returns and tries to implement what they've learned as they're told to, they get shut down by management. Really puts a damper on employee morale. Employees are not treated fair, and when they try to go above and beyond their daily responsibilities they're reprimanded rather than commended. I don't recommend applying for this position because you'll find out in less than a month exactly what I'm talking about. Management just doesn't care, and it really makes you feel under appreciated as an employee. This place is known for letting their best employees go and keeping the underachievers around. Very sad but a 100% true evaluation of this facility. The employees are scared to speak up, and aren't appreciated at all. Management has way too much authority and not enough experience.
Pros
no ambition, no desire to excel
Cons
poor incompetent management, poor morale...
Work with every trade felt like a important part of the team
HVAC & Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 22, 2014
I started in engineering as a maintenance mechanic. I work with every trade, learn plumbing, electrical, HVAC all trades. Eventual it helped me decide where i wanted to go. In fact it was the Director Of Engineering that pushed me to get my HVAC license. During a annual review She told that I should take my experience and move on to a more important roll and that is how i ended up where i am today.

This was the greatest place to work and learn
Pros
believed in me at 18 years old to give me a chance
Good place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newton. MAMay 19, 2015
Overall NWH is a good place to work, but as CNA's we are not treated fairly and there isn't enough workers to help with the busyness of the hospital.
Great
Nurse Practitioner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 17, 2013
I loved working with a Nurse Practitioner. This job inspired me to change my major to Nursing. I helped the NP by filling out forms to test biological samples, prepping her examination room between patients, filing patient documents, escorting patients from the waiting room to her office, and taking notes during her appointments. The hardest part of the job was retaining the amount of medical information because I had not yet completed a year in the Nursing major. However, my favorite part of the job was learning everything she could teach me about the OB/GYN department.
Labor & Delivery
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 11, 2014
I personally had a very positive opinion of N-W Hospital, until I worked there. The hospital was a good place but the issues I ran into were around personal relationships and, as the new part-time guy, I took the heat for anything that went wrong anywhere in the unit, whether I was involved or not. I enjoyed being part of Labor & Delivery but I was very glad that the opportunity at Boston Medical Center came my way when it did.
Great hospital, excellent environment, wonderful area.
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I have worked at NWH for 26 years as staff and as an educator. it is a wonderful community hospital with excellent services and a committment to excellence.
Pros
Environment
I liked working here
Clinical Nurse II Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I worked 3-11pm. Those hours worked well for me. I liked the way the unit was run for the most part and the staff was great.
Pros
Good place to work, go co-workers
Cons
like any nursing job no guarantee of breaks

4.4