Newton-Wellesley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent culture, patient experience culture
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 29, 2016
Excellent experience working with dedicated employees for a common goal. Enhancing the patient's experience as it relates to patient comfort and safety.
35+ years of dedicated service
Pros
Improving the patient's experience
Cons
Fun and productive place to work
AV/Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 23, 2015
Newton-Wellesley has a great work culture. The people is the hospitals single greatest asset. Everybody helps each other.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Not given enough of the right tools to complete the job
Excellent Hospital
Per-diem Medical and Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a pleasure to be employed as a social worker at Newton Wellesley Hospital. The staff are very professional and the medical care that is provided to patients is outstanding.
Efficient Unit Coordinator focused on providing the administrative needs of the healthcare team work. Entered orders on the Meditech system.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, MAAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work started by checking the patients diet at Meditech, and print it out the patient list according to the 36 beds at USEN 6. Checked in with the Charge Nurse for any immediate needs. Print out patients orders for out of the floor day tests and checked with the transport department. Checked with appropriate RN on patients list of admission and discharge.

At NWH I learned to work as a team in a fast paced environment. I learned compassion and support. I enjoyed learning about healthcare and be resourceful to patients and their families as needed.

The hardest part of the my job as a Unit Coordinator was when I felt I could not be of help to the healthcare team. English is my second language, and when healthcare providers are very busy with critical cases it was hard for them to understand me. I did not know how to make it better at that time. That is the reason I am applying only for the second/evening shifts which is much more calm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to feel part of the healthcare team, to hear a thank you note from my co-workers, and learn how to contribute for their success in taking care of their patients.

Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a place to learn and work well giving back to the community. The staff, co-workers, managers, physicians, and surgeons are supportive and understandable of the entire NWH employee community.

I appreciate the working team, and I am thankful for the seven years I worked at USEN 6.
Pros
Work provides excellent benefits, intelligent working environment, career with possibility of advancement, tuition reimbursement, exercise classes on campus, excellent affordable meals at employee cafeteria.
Cons
Chances of exposing to pathogens.
All in all, this was an enjoyable place to work. I like to be busy, and this job certainly fit the bill! I didn't like down times.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 25, 2015
A typical day for me was grabbing some coffee and something to eat, and getting to my reports right away. If any kind of problem came up I would either go to my boss or to the radiologist, as instructed. I typed reports most of the day.
Pros
The management kindly gave me my own office, and I eventually became a supervisor of radiology transcription, I was eventually allowed to work 3 days at home, which turned into the whole work week, I was given paid time off to get married, The food in the cafeteria was exceptional.
Cons
When I got back from my very short honeymoon, my boss had give my office to someone else, there were no breaks, most people just ate on the run, sometimes there was confusion as to who was doing which report.
Good place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newton. MAMay 19, 2015
Overall NWH is a good place to work, but as CNA's we are not treated fairly and there isn't enough workers to help with the busyness of the hospital.
Community minded hospital
Sleep Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Despite being part of the larger Partners Healthcare Organization Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a community hospital that cares for it's population of patients as family members.

During my time there I was able to grow and advance my career.
Great hospital, excellent environment, wonderful area.
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I have worked at NWH for 26 years as staff and as an educator. it is a wonderful community hospital with excellent services and a committment to excellence.
Pros
environment
I liked working here
Clinical Nurse II Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I worked 3-11pm. Those hours worked well for me. I liked the way the unit was run for the most part and the staff was great.
Pros
good place to work, go co-workers
Cons
like any nursing job no guarantee of breaks
Great Hospital:
Web Designer/Developer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 8, 2015
I loved working for Newton-Wellesley Hospital. If I was still in Massachusetts I might still be working there.
Pros
great hospital, great and caring people.
Cons
it's in anothe state.
Work with every trade felt like a important part of the team
HVAC & Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 22, 2014
I started in engineering as a maintenance mechanic. I work with every trade, learn plumbing, electrical, HVAC all trades. Eventual it helped me decide where i wanted to go. In fact it was the Director Of Engineering that pushed me to get my HVAC license. During a annual review She told that I should take my experience and move on to a more important roll and that is how i ended up where i am today.

This was the greatest place to work and learn
Pros
believed in me at 18 years old to give me a chance
excellent company
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAOctober 10, 2014
Daily tasks include regular switchboard duties by directing internal and external calls to the proper personell and/or department. the teamwork overall in the hospital is a proactive and caring one.
Reputable Organization.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 26, 2014
Fast Paced hospital always striving for patient satisfaction. Many departments have high ratio of female to male employees.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
isolated.
Labor & Delivery
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 11, 2014
I personally had a very positive opinion of N-W Hospital, until I worked there. The hospital was a good place but the issues I ran into were around personal relationships and, as the new part-time guy, I took the heat for anything that went wrong anywhere in the unit, whether I was involved or not. I enjoyed being part of Labor & Delivery but I was very glad that the opportunity at Boston Medical Center came my way when it did.
Fast pace work place
GENERAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 3, 2014
I was second shift so I would carrie a pager. A lot of customer service so I had to deal with a lot of sick people. My co workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to handle a lot of calls at once.
Pros
making sick people happy
Cons
short staffed second shift
A solid workplace.
Medical Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 2, 2014
A well-established hospital, very professional and conscious of their employees welfare.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
wage increases are few and far between
awesome place
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Newton,MaDecember 6, 2013
Makes you want to go to work. Great people and staff. Love it, great Nurses and Surgeons also.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
none at the moment
Productive work environment
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 20, 2013
Fast paced. Great Pathologists to work with. Exceptional patient care. Beautiful Hospital.
Pros
pay
Cons
distance
Fun place to work, excellent patient care
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 18, 2013
Work in the ED department and with out patients as well. Learned about the machinery and CT training within 3 months of starting my career with Newton-Wellesley, Co-workers work as a team and specialize in patient care and time management. We get a large volume of patients and at times , can be very busy but at the end of the day, you realize how much passion you have for this job and I look forward to it everyday.
Top 100 hospital
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 5, 2013
NWH has been rated in the top 100 hospitals for many years. It has also been rated as one of the best places to work numerous times. I love my job!

Excellent benefits including healthcare/dental/retirement planning.

4.4